Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Extended Highlights up 22:52 - Feb 10 with 1640 viewsDublinBlue84

Some comments
- Blatant cheating like the handball for their disallowed goal should be a red card, it's nowhere near accidental and is out and out cheating. Disgusting.

- When Dike went down injured and had to go off on the vehicle looks to be a bad injury, after the tackle with Clarke you hear the thud of a ball then as he takes a step, a loud crack followed by a scream. Horrible but was not because of the tackle.

- After seeing their goal from behind both goals in the extended highlights, it's clear that Vas view is totally blocked by Wolfy. Also might take a nick off Massimo after being hit, then takes a larger than expected bounce off the turf, More I see it, the more sympathy I have for Vas.

- Terrible lack of composure by the guy on the line for Hutchinson's goal, if he is a little less wild with his attempts to clear he should stop that going in.
[Post edited 10 Feb 22:52]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Extended Highlights up on 23:14 - Feb 10 with 1550 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Re the handball: why did he even do it? It looks like he only has to jump a bit to head it in!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Extended Highlights up on 23:25 - Feb 10 with 1522 viewsrkc123

Their goalkeeper got a touch on Hutchinson's goal, no chance the defender can react quick enough to clear it.

I hadn't noticed the crack with Dike's injury, that really is horrible, I was pleased the crowd realised it was clearly a significant injury and reacted accordingly.

I don't think it's a howler from Vas for their second, but I think he is at fault. From that far out with a player shaping to shoot, a goalkeeper should be acting to ensure they can see the ball, even if that means taking a slightly less than ideal position the distance should allow time to compensate for that. I like Vas and would stick with him at the moment, but it does feel like he saves less shots on target than other keepers, I don't know if the stats support that though.
[Post edited 10 Feb 23:26]
Extended Highlights up on 23:38 - Feb 10 with 1473 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Where was Clarke going in the build up to their first goal? Small margins.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Extended Highlights up on 01:11 - Feb 11 with 1373 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Extended Highlights up on 23:38 - Feb 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

He got caught in two minds. I noticed at the time and sensed it could be costly.

Extended Highlights up on 03:13 - Feb 11 with 1304 viewstextbackup

Extended Highlights up on 23:38 - Feb 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

Regardless of where Clarke is, Wolf simply has to do better there. Weak.
Has to get a tackle in.

Edit. That’s not saying I dislike him as a player. Making the point from my personal opinion that in that particular moment he has to defend better.
[Post edited 11 Feb 3:19]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Extended Highlights up on 07:25 - Feb 11 with 1155 viewsibbleobble

Wolfenden will get pelted for their first got not being strong enough but Clarke’s starting position was horrendous which left us completely exposed. IMO he’s being targeted as a weak point because of this. All West Brom’s best attacks came from playing balls in that pocket in the first half. Plenty of other sides have exploited us playing so high on that channel too.

Thought Hladky should have done better with his feet for their second. On that note, great adjustment and feet by Broadhead and Hutchinson for our goals.
Extended Highlights up on 09:43 - Feb 11 with 882 viewsNthQldITFC

Extended Highlights up on 23:14 - Feb 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

Re the handball: why did he even do it? It looks like he only has to jump a bit to head it in!

I think he was scared of nutting the post after the ball if he'd gone with his head there. As you say, it looked like he could easily get to it with his head. He lost his head, but kept his head. Da-da!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Extended Highlights up on 09:51 - Feb 11 with 865 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Extended Highlights up on 09:43 - Feb 11 by NthQldITFC

I think he was scared of nutting the post after the ball if he'd gone with his head there. As you say, it looked like he could easily get to it with his head. He lost his head, but kept his head. Da-da!

Ha, you may well be right. Didn't think of that!

Login to get fewer ads

Extended Highlights up on 10:36 - Feb 11 with 796 viewslongtimefan

Extended Highlights up on 03:13 - Feb 11 by textbackup

Regardless of where Clarke is, Wolf simply has to do better there. Weak.
Has to get a tackle in.

Edit. That’s not saying I dislike him as a player. Making the point from my personal opinion that in that particular moment he has to defend better.
[Post edited 11 Feb 3:19]

I like Woolfie too but I think he and the rest of the team need to be a bit more cynical when teams break on us. For the first goal yesterday Woofie needs to go in with his head as that ball bounces, making sure he either gets the ball or cleans the bloke out if he doesn’t. Might have got a caution early in the game but it’s not like he picks up many.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024