Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a strange half! 20:53 - Feb 14 with 1618 viewsRobTheMonk

We couldn't get near them for 15 minutes and they battered us.

Then we clicked into gear and everything started to come off.

Hutch has been excellent in what looks like a free roam role when we have the ball.
What a strange half! on 20:56 - Feb 14 with 1533 viewsthe_toff

First 10 minutes was slow, and a frustrating amount of cheap freekicks. They fluffed their lines though by hitting it straight at Hladky every time.

One way traffic since then though. Millwall are like Maidstone but without a goal threat.
What a strange half! on 20:57 - Feb 14 with 1493 viewsRobTheMonk

What a strange half! on 20:56 - Feb 14 by the_toff

First 10 minutes was slow, and a frustrating amount of cheap freekicks. They fluffed their lines though by hitting it straight at Hladky every time.

One way traffic since then though. Millwall are like Maidstone but without a goal threat.

Indeed. I think that might have been Millwall's gameplan. Get at us early and try to get something from a set piece.

Would be nice to know why some have downvoted haha!

We've been excellent for two thirds of that half.
What a strange half! on 21:00 - Feb 14 with 1429 viewsDubtractor

What a strange half! on 20:57 - Feb 14 by RobTheMonk

Indeed. I think that might have been Millwall's gameplan. Get at us early and try to get something from a set piece.

Not sure why anyone disagrees with that OP, we were really poor first 15, but have completely dominatedsunce then.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What a strange half! on 21:00 - Feb 14 with 1409 viewsDeliasMashedPotato

Not sure why you've been downvoted seems a pretty accurate summary of the game!
What a strange half! on 21:01 - Feb 14 with 1376 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

We weathered the storm and they gassed out. People come out rapidly against us because they know it’s been a fruitful first 15 for other teams. But we were resolute, and Hladky made some good saves.

Let’s finish the job !
What a strange half! on 21:04 - Feb 14 with 1294 viewsNthQldITFC

Hutchinson has scared the absolute sh!t out of them. Broadhead too.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What a strange half! on 21:05 - Feb 14 with 1262 viewsReusersTown

What a strange half! on 20:57 - Feb 14 by RobTheMonk

Working your way into the start of the game on an incredibly slicked up pitch, whilst they had a few shots from distance isn't what I call dominated, that's all.
What a strange half! on 08:04 - Feb 15 with 984 viewsRobTheMonk

What a strange half! on 21:05 - Feb 14 by ReusersTown

Working your way into the start of the game on an incredibly slicked up pitch, whilst they had a few shots from distance isn't what I call dominated, that's all.

Millwall had 5 corners, three shots on target, two off target around 5 free kicks in an attacking area, all in the first 15 minutes.

I would standby that we got a bit battered in the first 15 which is no surprise because we notoriously concede early. The defence were having to earn their money.

We didn't get going until Omari had a sit down and then we looked a different team. Whatever Mckenna said worked wonders.
Login to get fewer ads

What a strange half! on 08:10 - Feb 15 with 952 viewstextbackup

What a strange half! on 08:04 - Feb 15 by RobTheMonk

Millwall had 5 corners, three shots on target, two off target around 5 free kicks in an attacking area, all in the first 15 minutes.

I would standby that we got a bit battered in the first 15 which is no surprise because we notoriously concede early. The defence were having to earn their money.

We didn't get going until Omari had a sit down and then we looked a different team. Whatever Mckenna said worked wonders.

Just said sort of the same… anyone but a really poor Millwall team and we are 1/2-0 down in first 15mins.

This is my worry if we do go into the playoffs. We start slow, and we’d get punished. It’s then an uphill battle.

No idea why this slow starting hasn’t been addressed really.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What a strange half! on 08:30 - Feb 15 with 867 viewsHerbivore

Don't think battered is an accurate description. The game for the first 10-15 mins was a series of set pieces, some of them soft, and a few shots from distance that were comfortable saves.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What a strange half! on 08:35 - Feb 15 with 837 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What a strange half! on 08:30 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

Don't think battered is an accurate description. The game for the first 10-15 mins was a series of set pieces, some of them soft, and a few shots from distance that were comfortable saves.

Ref was giving absolutely everything to them first 15. Some really questionable free kicks.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

What a strange half! on 08:39 - Feb 15 with 815 viewsRobTheMonk

I think we were rattled. First touches were off for much of the team.

I think we actually did well with the set piece threat. My worry was that we kept conceding them!
What a strange half! on 08:44 - Feb 15 with 788 viewstextbackup

What a strange half! on 08:39 - Feb 15 by RobTheMonk

I think we were rattled. First touches were off for much of the team.

I think we actually did well with the set piece threat. My worry was that we kept conceding them!

Remember it’s not ok to say anything remotely against the team on here.

You could be positive in 99 posts, but for that 1 that’s negative, they’ll remember…

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What a strange half! on 09:15 - Feb 15 with 711 viewsKieran_Knows

Hutchinson going down with an 'injury' is what changed the game. Very clever from us that, and almost seemed planned.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What a strange half! on 09:20 - Feb 15 with 677 viewswaveneyblue

What a strange half! on 08:44 - Feb 15 by textbackup

Remember it’s not ok to say anything remotely against the team on here.

You could be positive in 99 posts, but for that 1 that’s negative, they’ll remember…

Thats absolutely pathetic.

The issue is with those who can never say anything remotely positive and put a negative spin on virtually everything.

Nobody is against deserved or constructive criticism.
What a strange half! on 09:57 - Feb 15 with 606 viewsReusersTown

That's a much more accurate description of the half. It's as if people don't expect us to come under any pressure at all, and overreact. That just isn't football.
What a strange half! on 10:09 - Feb 15 with 580 viewsPhilTWTD

What a strange half! on 09:15 - Feb 15 by Kieran_Knows

Hutchinson going down with an 'injury' is what changed the game. Very clever from us that, and almost seemed planned.

Kieran talks about what was said in his post-match.

McKenna: A Good, Solid Team Performance 14th Feb 2024 23:16
Boss Kieran McKenna felt the Blues 4-0 away victory at Millwall was “a good, solid team performance”. 9

What a strange half! on 10:15 - Feb 15 with 545 viewsRobTheMonk

What a strange half! on 09:57 - Feb 15 by ReusersTown

That's a much more accurate description of the half. It's as if people don't expect us to come under any pressure at all, and overreact. That just isn't football.

Millwall are pretty good at set pieces and had near enough double figures in the first 15.

Not a overreaction - just an observation that we were definitely having to do lots of defending that first 15. We simply didn't get going until Mckenna sorted them out and then we were exceptional for the rest of the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024