Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Running on empty . 17:19 - Feb 18 with 4025 viewsWickets

Several regulars running on empty and the movement off the ball suffering late on Saturday , very understandable of course but it's going to be interesting to see our starting starting eleven Tuesday .
Running on empty . on 17:21 - Feb 18 with 3095 viewsgtsb1966

Surely that applies to every club in the division so therefore evens out.
Running on empty . on 17:24 - Feb 18 with 3073 viewsbilllm

Running on empty . on 17:21 - Feb 18 by gtsb1966

True, but I thought morsy and luongo looked very leggy shot,
Running on empty . on 17:41 - Feb 18 with 2982 viewsWickets

Well maybe I wasn't being critical just wondering which players might get a rest !
[Post edited 18 Feb 17:42]
Running on empty . on 17:44 - Feb 18 with 2961 viewsWickets

Running on empty . on 17:24 - Feb 18 by billlm

Agreed first time I have seen Morsy struggling near the end , great how we hung on for the points though.
Running on empty . on 17:56 - Feb 18 with 2891 viewscbower

Running on empty . on 17:41 - Feb 18 by Wickets

Well maybe I wasn't being critical just wondering which players might get a rest !

Look to put the game on Tuesday to bed by 65 minutes and give Morsy a rest. Start with Morsy and Travis. Finish with Travis and Luongo / Humphreys or even have Ball on bench to close out the game. Morsy should have been off after 70 against Millwall imho. Not just to save his legs, but to reduce the risk of accumulating bookings and a 3 match suspension. Of course, Tuesday may prove far more difficult and need Samy on the pitch for the full 90 plus!

bluescouser

Running on empty . on 17:59 - Feb 18 with 2865 viewsParisBlue

Running on empty . on 17:56 - Feb 18 by cbower

Look to put the game on Tuesday to bed by 65 minutes and give Morsy a rest. Start with Morsy and Travis. Finish with Travis and Luongo / Humphreys or even have Ball on bench to close out the game. Morsy should have been off after 70 against Millwall imho. Not just to save his legs, but to reduce the risk of accumulating bookings and a 3 match suspension. Of course, Tuesday may prove far more difficult and need Samy on the pitch for the full 90 plus!

The only time I can recall Morsy being subbed was at Leeds when the game was lost and we were in the midst of "10Yellows" hysteria.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Running on empty . on 18:04 - Feb 18 with 2825 viewscbower

Running on empty . on 17:59 - Feb 18 by ParisBlue

The only time I can recall Morsy being subbed was at Leeds when the game was lost and we were in the midst of "10Yellows" hysteria.

Yep, maybe that's why he looked 'leggy' according to some. Mind you, he did have a bit of an enforced rest post Christmas for a few weeks.

bluescouser

Running on empty . on 18:05 - Feb 18 with 2817 viewsbournemouthblue

Running on empty . on 17:24 - Feb 18 by billlm

Travis on that hand, came on and looked pretty good

Wouldn't be surprised to see Travis starting on Tuesday?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Running on empty . on 18:05 - Feb 18 with 2814 viewsgtsb1966

Running on empty . on 17:41 - Feb 18 by Wickets

Sorry, didn't mean to come across like that. I think we've got enough in this squad to rest a few. Lucky we've got such a big squad who can come in without diminishing the quality. I doubt Rotherham have that.
Running on empty . on 18:17 - Feb 18 with 2728 viewsRadlett_blue

Running on empty . on 18:05 - Feb 18 by gtsb1966

Sorry, didn't mean to come across like that. I think we've got enough in this squad to rest a few. Lucky we've got such a big squad who can come in without diminishing the quality. I doubt Rotherham have that.

Indeed, if there's a game to start Travis, Rotherham at home is it.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Running on empty . on 18:23 - Feb 18 with 2696 viewsSenatorBlue

Running on empty . on 18:17 - Feb 18 by Radlett_blue

Indeed, if there's a game to start Travis, Rotherham at home is it.

In the report players mentioned how soft the pitch was, and being like running in quicksand. No doubt exhausted as put everything in as always.
Running on empty . on 18:32 - Feb 18 with 2642 viewsSheffordBlue

Agree that some of them looked tired. Mitigating factors in that we'd had a days less rest than Swansea and the very heavy pitch. Wouldn't surprise me to see Travis start for Luongo on Tuesday and some changes in the attacking players.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Running on empty . on 18:40 - Feb 18 with 2585 viewsEastTownBlue

Certainly a few tired legs in appalling conditions yesterday.

A combination of a busy spell, our record against Rotherham and suffering Keith Stroud on Tuesday are causes for concern. I feel that Burgess and Moore are the key players on Tuesday evening.
Running on empty . on 18:46 - Feb 18 with 2531 viewsGlasgowBlue

I would imagine that Tunazebe comes in for Clarke, Humphreys for Davis, Travis for Luongo, Burns for Hutchinson and Sarmiento for Broadhead.

Edit. Maybe even Edmundson for Woolfenden if KM thinks Woolfy could do with a rest. But that would be a massive call imo.
[Post edited 18 Feb 18:48]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Running on empty . on 18:51 - Feb 18 with 2490 viewsDarkBrandon

Running on empty . on 18:46 - Feb 18 by GlasgowBlue

I would imagine that Tunazebe comes in for Clarke, Humphreys for Davis, Travis for Luongo, Burns for Hutchinson and Sarmiento for Broadhead.

Edit. Maybe even Edmundson for Woolfenden if KM thinks Woolfy could do with a rest. But that would be a massive call imo.

Changing both full backs seems brave, minister.
Running on empty . on 18:54 - Feb 18 with 2465 viewsGlasgowBlue

Running on empty . on 18:51 - Feb 18 by DarkBrandon

Changing both full backs seems brave, minister.

Clarke is still managing his achilles injury so I see him being rested. Personally, I would keep Davis in the starting line up, but he's also playing a lot of football with no Brandon Williams to come in after 75 minutes. This is where we are missing Greg Leigh.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Running on empty . on 19:04 - Feb 18 with 2402 viewsStenvict

Harness and Burns looked shattered after being on for 10 minutes. The pitch definitely had a big effect, and also the fact the players were carrying about 10kg of rainwater in the shirts didn't help.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Running on empty . on 19:10 - Feb 18 with 2357 viewsBarcaBlue

I really hope and doubt we will see so many changes on Tuesday, particularly in defence. I get the need for managing players' fatigue and niggles but we still have to put winning first and too many changes would be dangerous even playing the bottom side.

Maybe Luongo and Hutchinson are rested, and unlikely to be more than that.
Running on empty . on 19:20 - Feb 18 with 2293 viewsIllinoisblue

Drop (rest) Broady just as he’s back in form? Brave call

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Running on empty . on 19:27 - Feb 18 with 2252 viewsPinewoodblue

Running on empty . on 19:10 - Feb 18 by BarcaBlue

I really hope and doubt we will see so many changes on Tuesday, particularly in defence. I get the need for managing players' fatigue and niggles but we still have to put winning first and too many changes would be dangerous even playing the bottom side.

Maybe Luongo and Hutchinson are rested, and unlikely to be more than that.

On paper Birmingham is the more difficult game. I expect a few surprises in the starting eleven against Rotherham. Also wouldn't be surprised if Moore & Al Hadami spend minutes on the field together.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Running on empty . on 19:36 - Feb 18 with 2200 viewsMK1

Think we need to start every game with our strongest X1. We must not take any of these sides for granted. Morsy had a few weeks off over Christmas, so should be ok for now.
Running on empty . on 20:04 - Feb 18 with 2061 viewsVic

But few teams play with the intensity that we do, do they.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Running on empty . on 20:08 - Feb 18 with 2042 viewsVic

I really hope not. That would be massive disrespect to a team trying to fight for their lives. Change a couple by all means but not that many.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Running on empty . on 20:59 - Feb 18 with 1902 viewsNutkins_Return

Running on empty . on 20:04 - Feb 18 by Vic

But few teams play with the intensity that we do, do they.

But we can play that way because we sub the entire forward line most games between 60-70 minutes. Helps us with these close back to back games.
Running on empty . on 21:01 - Feb 18 with 1890 viewsNutkins_Return

It won't even out for us against Birmingham who will have had a full weeks rest.

We will have to make some changes vs Rotherham but McKenna will also be very aware that too many would be a big risk and we need 3 points.

I expect Clarke and Luongo to be rested. Hutchinson will also likely drop out for Burns.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024