Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester City - Fixtures 23:59 - Feb 24 with 6799 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Next 5 league fixtures for them all quite difficult. Will be interesting to see if they can maintain a significant gap:

QPR at home (they should get 3 points there)
Sunderland away (tricky)
Hull away (very tricky)
Southampton at home (also tough)
Bristol City away (we've seen how good Bristol City can be at some points this season)

If Leeds, Southampton and yours truly keep up momentum,the table could be very interesting by the end of March
Leicester City - Fixtures on 00:16 - Feb 25 with 5537 viewsBugs

My prediction. IF big if, the gap goes to 3 points or fewer between Leicester and second place in that run of games, they will do a Wednesday, capitulate and finish outside the top 2.
Leicester City - Fixtures on 00:28 - Feb 25 with 5496 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you could predict, bookies would be poor. But they’re not. From what I’ve seen of Leicester this year there’re the real deal and fully deserve their spot. Five wins from those 5 games is likely. I can’t see anyone catching them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Leicester City - Fixtures on 05:10 - Feb 25 with 5308 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

As Swansea Blue has said, Leicester will VERY likely get 15 points from their next 5 games. If you look at the remaining fixtures after that you would fully expect them to win them all also. So, 36 points from the remaining 12 games.

There is good reason why many Leicester fans are already celebrating promotion. I believe that Reading have the highest points ever on 106 for a season. I expect Leicester to easily exceed this score this season.
Leicester City - Fixtures on 06:40 - Feb 25 with 5216 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Leicester City - Fixtures on 05:10 - Feb 25 by TonyHumesIpswich

As Swansea Blue has said, Leicester will VERY likely get 15 points from their next 5 games. If you look at the remaining fixtures after that you would fully expect them to win them all also. So, 36 points from the remaining 12 games.

There is good reason why many Leicester fans are already celebrating promotion. I believe that Reading have the highest points ever on 106 for a season. I expect Leicester to easily exceed this score this season.

Did you also expect Leicester to easily beat Middlesboro at home last week?

Poll: would you rather

Leicester City - Fixtures on 07:03 - Feb 25 with 5137 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Leicester City - Fixtures on 06:40 - Feb 25 by LegendofthePhoenix

Did you also expect Leicester to easily beat Middlesboro at home last week?

If Swansea Blue is correct and they win the next 5 fixtures, it is reasonable to assume that they will also win the remaining fixtures (they are arguably easier).

Leicester had 71% possession against Middlesbrough and 24 shots (Middlesbrough had 5 shots). A massive margin of difference they just got unlucky on the day.
Leicester City - Fixtures on 08:17 - Feb 25 with 4984 viewsWacko

Leicester City - Fixtures on 07:03 - Feb 25 by TonyHumesIpswich

If Swansea Blue is correct and they win the next 5 fixtures, it is reasonable to assume that they will also win the remaining fixtures (they are arguably easier).

Leicester had 71% possession against Middlesbrough and 24 shots (Middlesbrough had 5 shots). A massive margin of difference they just got unlucky on the day.

When did Swansea Blue become the oracle? (Sorry Swansea Blue). You’re treating him like he knows things we don’t. The chances of any club winning 12 in a row is ridiculous

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Leicester City - Fixtures on 08:34 - Feb 25 with 4911 viewsHerbivore

It's not impossible Leicester get dragged back into it but it is unlikely. They look so strong at this level and should have beaten Leeds comfortably but for bad finishing, bad officiating, and bad luck. Leeds have had everything in their favour lately, including some pretty outrageous refereeing decisions, but as we've seen with Saints it's not easy to maintain that kind of form without having a blip every now and then. We've had it ourselves as well. Leicester have had a mini one as they did at one point earlier in the season when we closed right up to them (early December I think?). There'll be twists and turns aplenty over the rest of the season but I'd be amazed if Leicester don't go up as champions.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leicester City - Fixtures on 08:36 - Feb 25 with 4887 viewstextbackup

We aren’t gaining 6 points on leiecester ok, it’s not happening

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester City - Fixtures on 08:39 - Feb 25 with 4878 viewsMK1

Our best bet is still to catch Leeds. Some of their fans can't believe we are keeping pace with them and fear a couple of dodgy results for them sees us over take them.
I think just look at ourselves over the coming games and do all that we can do. Hopefully others will falter, but just keep on trying to win ours is all we can do.
Leicester City - Fixtures on 08:55 - Feb 25 with 4809 viewsPinewoodblue

Leicester City - Fixtures on 08:39 - Feb 25 by MK1

Our best bet is still to catch Leeds. Some of their fans can't believe we are keeping pace with them and fear a couple of dodgy results for them sees us over take them.
I think just look at ourselves over the coming games and do all that we can do. Hopefully others will falter, but just keep on trying to win ours is all we can do.

Think it would be very difficult to fill a coach with Leeds fans who don’t believe they will not gain automatic promotion.

Think participation in FA Cup will be a contributing factor to how the Championship race finishes. You have to wonder if Southampton have had their minds on Anfield. Leicester, & Leeds have chance to progress to next round. Hopefully they will both do so, the hard way, extra time & Penalties then get to play each other next round.

So many twists & turns ahead for all four teams.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Leicester City - Fixtures on 09:01 - Feb 25 with 4759 viewsKeno

Leicester City - Fixtures on 08:36 - Feb 25 by textbackup

You think we will gain more and over take them?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Leicester City - Fixtures on 09:04 - Feb 25 with 4744 viewsMK1

Forever the Optimist.
Leicester City - Fixtures on 09:46 - Feb 25 with 4598 viewsWeWereZombies

Unlucky on the day...and in the next game against Leeds too. Most of their remaining games are against teams pushing for a play off place of trying to avoid relegation, the managers of those teams will be looking at the weak spots Middlesborough and Leeds found in the hope of finding similar.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Leicester City - Fixtures on 10:11 - Feb 25 with 4526 viewsLeoMuff

Leicester City - Fixtures on 09:46 - Feb 25 by WeWereZombies

Unlucky on the day...and in the next game against Leeds too. Most of their remaining games are against teams pushing for a play off place of trying to avoid relegation, the managers of those teams will be looking at the weak spots Middlesborough and Leeds found in the hope of finding similar.

Soton also have a tough run of fixtures, I think we could be right in the mix come start of April.unfortunately Leeds look to have very Winnable games.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Leicester City - Fixtures on 13:02 - Feb 25 with 4392 viewsPinewoodblue

Leicester City - Fixtures on 09:04 - Feb 25 by MK1

Forever the Optimist.

Both Leeds and Ipswich have gained 6pts on Leicester over last 4 games

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Leicester City - Fixtures on 13:22 - Feb 25 with 4334 viewsSawtrich

After they won on 13th February we were 18 points behind them (with two games in hand). Since then we've P4 W4 and they've P2 L2. That 18 point lead is now 6. Shows how quickly things can change.
Leicester City - Fixtures on 13:35 - Feb 25 with 4305 viewsOldFart71

Whilst we are on about Leicester I feel they will still win the League and I do believe that because Leeds is a far more intimidating ground to go to I'd be surprised if they don't win all their remaining home games. Also their goals for and against are far superior to ours and although level on points that goal difference is worth another point. That's not to say they won't slip up, but I am concerned with our latest injuries as with Hirst not come at a good time.
Leicester City - Fixtures on 14:33 - Feb 25 with 4219 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Looking at each match separately on paper - both Leics and Leeds should be ok. But that isn't how it is with fixture congestion, derbies, tiredness etc.
Leicester have the following:
Tuesday away to Bournemouth in FA Cup
Saturday home to QPR
Tuesday away to Sunderland
Saturday away to Hull

Then Leeds is even worse:
Wednesday away to Chelsea (FAC)
Saturday (12:30) away to Huddersfield (who will see it as a derby)
Tuesday home to Stoke
Friday away to Sheff Weds (Yorkshire derby)

That doesn't leave much room for team talks and analysis of the opposition, let alone physical recovery.
We just need to focus on what we do, cos they will be dropping points.

Leicester City - Fixtures on 14:52 - Feb 25 with 4159 viewsipswichtillidie

Whilst it’s fine to speculate as fans I think if we give everything we have we will take who ever finishes 2nd close. Personally from what I’ve seen if Leicester I’d expect them to get the job done. Leeds have a premiership squad arguably and would expect the pressure weigh heavily on them come the final few fixtures if we can get through what looks a tough April. The players and staff thou have a winning formula of taking it one game at a time. Exciting end to the season non the less.

Gav

Leicester City - Fixtures on 19:21 - Mar 2 with 3562 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Leicester City - Fixtures on 08:17 - Feb 25 by Wacko

When did Swansea Blue become the oracle? (Sorry Swansea Blue). You’re treating him like he knows things we don’t. The chances of any club winning 12 in a row is ridiculous

I still feel they are very likely to win most of their remaining fixtures. A 3 point gap is still tough to breach at this point.
Leicester City - Fixtures on 22:48 - Mar 29 with 2782 viewsWonTheCupin78

This comment aged well.
Leicester City - Fixtures on 23:01 - Mar 29 with 2669 viewsVegtablue

Leicester City - Fixtures on 22:48 - Mar 29 by WonTheCupin78

This comment aged well.

How much more of Tony's endorsement can Leicester survive? He is doing God's work.
Leicester City - Fixtures on 07:13 - Mar 30 with 2292 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Leicester City - Fixtures on 23:01 - Mar 29 by Vegtablue

How much more of Tony's endorsement can Leicester survive? He is doing God's work.

there are some corkers in this thread

Leicester City - Fixtures on 07:24 - Mar 30 with 2223 viewsMK1

Oh, OK.
Leicester City - Fixtures on 07:38 - Mar 30 with 2131 viewsArnieM

For Leicester’s players ( having spent the whole season looking down on the rest of the division with a massive gap for a safety net), to now find themselves 3rd and that gap gone, will have an impact on their physiology. All of a sudden they now “ can’t afford to drop any more points”. Teams playing them will see them in a different light- more bearable. That pendulum swings. Leicester are in a bad run of form at exactly the wrong time of the season and the pressure will surely be building. It’ll be interesting to see how they cope with that pressure. Despite being an outstanding team, they are still flesh and blood and human. The mind is 90% of performance.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024