Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What were peoples expectations for this season? 08:25 - Mar 10 with 2267 viewsblueprint

At the start of the season mid table would have been fantastic imo.

As the season has gone on just to be challenging has been amazing but defeats like yesterday really do put a dampener on the weekend.

I still believe there are plenty of twists and turns to be had but I also think that whatever happens it’s been a fantastic year and a half which is up there with the best in my 42 years of coming to PR.
What were peoples expectations for this season? on 08:31 - Mar 10 with 1743 viewsITFC_Forever

Thought we’d be in the battle for the POs and would finish somewhere between 5th and 8th.

To get the number of points we have is incredible and in any normal season, the finishing line for top two would almost be in sight.

However, it isn’t a normal season and we need to keep at it. Yesterday was a set-back, but another six wins and a couple of draws should see us in with a good chance…. The games against Southampton, Norwich, Coventry and Hull could make or break us.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 08:36 - Mar 10 with 1720 viewsDubtractor

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 08:31 - Mar 10 by ITFC_Forever

Thought we’d be in the battle for the POs and would finish somewhere between 5th and 8th.

To get the number of points we have is incredible and in any normal season, the finishing line for top two would almost be in sight.

However, it isn’t a normal season and we need to keep at it. Yesterday was a set-back, but another six wins and a couple of draws should see us in with a good chance…. The games against Southampton, Norwich, Coventry and Hull could make or break us.

Exactly my thoughts too. I believed we could push for the top 6, and have the sort of season that Coventry or Hull have had, but to get to 37 games with 78 points and only 5 defeats is unreal.

We're here now though, so lets have a real crack at getting top two.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 08:38 - Mar 10 with 1720 viewsblueprint

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 08:31 - Mar 10 by ITFC_Forever

I make you right. I just hope we don’t have a monumental collapse and miss out on the Playoffs.

It feels like it’s written in the stars for that lot up the road to somehow gain promotion despite being miles behind us all season.

To be honest part of me doesn’t want to go up but I realise financially it could set us up nicely for a few years to come.
What were peoples expectations for this season? on 08:41 - Mar 10 with 1713 viewsNomore4

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 08:38 - Mar 10 by blueprint

I make you right. I just hope we don’t have a monumental collapse and miss out on the Playoffs.

It feels like it’s written in the stars for that lot up the road to somehow gain promotion despite being miles behind us all season.

To be honest part of me doesn’t want to go up but I realise financially it could set us up nicely for a few years to come.

Top 2. Nothing has changed my mind
What were peoples expectations for this season? on 08:51 - Mar 10 with 1672 viewsyesjohn99

Start of season I would have taken top 10 and beating scum at home.

First bit sorted, second bit didn’t happen.

A fantastic season though. Hope we get the ending KmC and the squad deserve.
What were peoples expectations for this season? on 09:23 - Mar 10 with 1632 viewsBlueBadger

Pre-season, I'd have taken top half and above Norwich.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 09:32 - Mar 10 with 1612 viewsessexpaul64

If someone affered me 3rd a point off second with 9 games left, i definately would have taken that
What were peoples expectations for this season? on 09:51 - Mar 10 with 1577 viewsBluespeed225

I think we all thought mid to 6th, nice and steady, strengthen for 24/25 season and go for it. This season has been fantastic, we're still in there. It's a disappointing weekend, but we have a great game to come back to next week. We don't like weds', they don't like us, big crowd again, they'll have full allocation I would imagine, but we've stepped up into this division, they haven't despite their recent run. Could all be rosy again !
Login to get fewer ads

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 09:57 - Mar 10 with 1554 viewsbillabasblue

I fully expected a top 6 finish this season unfortunately so did the bookmakers as our promotion odds were very short for a newly promoted side . I went in to betfred in August to put £250 down on us to gain promotion by any means and it was literally only 7/2 which stopped me from doing it as I had seen it at 7/1 a few weeks earlier and the value wasn’t there . I didn’t expect us to be challenging for the top 2 however so we have definitely exceeded expectations for sure
What were peoples expectations for this season? on 09:59 - Mar 10 with 1546 viewsblueislander

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 09:32 - Mar 10 by essexpaul64

If someone affered me 3rd a point off second with 9 games left, i definately would have taken that

Mid table would have been perfectly acceptable for me. I do have fears for next season if we do go up. McKenna has turned a League 1 team into Championship contenders, but I doubt whether this squad can survive in the Premiership. It will need major investment, and then the mentality the current squad has will have to be instilled into a new group.
What were peoples expectations for this season? on 09:59 - Mar 10 with 1548 viewssmithy69

I was hoping like ArnieM we would finish 1 place above relegation, but have a much sturdier defence who don’t give away the odd poor goal :)

All these goals this year have been boring to watch. Where are the 0-0s ? I want more

Bring back McCarthy
What were peoples expectations for this season? on 11:32 - Mar 10 with 1453 views3_5_2

I said top 8 and play offs a bonus

Have to be honest, I want promotion now !

Do NOT want the scum in the play offs

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 11:35 - Mar 10 with 1444 viewsHelp

Finish as high as we can. Be as successful as we can
What were peoples expectations for this season? on 11:38 - Mar 10 with 1431 viewsThe_Major

I was anticipating a reacquaintance with our old friend 15th.

To achieve what we have is phenomenal.
What were peoples expectations for this season? on 11:44 - Mar 10 with 1415 viewschicoazul

Survival, comfortable mid table were my hopes and expectations. Shows how much I know.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 12:30 - Mar 10 with 1370 viewspointofblue

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 09:59 - Mar 10 by blueislander

Mid table would have been perfectly acceptable for me. I do have fears for next season if we do go up. McKenna has turned a League 1 team into Championship contenders, but I doubt whether this squad can survive in the Premiership. It will need major investment, and then the mentality the current squad has will have to be instilled into a new group.

I have concerns about next season either way, so may as well go up and get something out of it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 13:26 - Mar 10 with 1334 viewsArnieM

I said on at the start of the season that I wouldn’t be surprised if we did back to bank promotions,( but that I expecting it as a given ), but based on our momentum from last season and our ability to carry it through. We have benefitted from that surprise element to some degree. That may not be there next season if we don’t go up this season.

If we can keep going we might actually go up with Leeds as Leicester look to be getting a bit jittery.
The last thing we want is PO’s against you know who. If we did it has shades of us in the season we’d be in the automatic promotion hunt and 17 points chest if 6th. West Ham secured it literally with their last kick in the last match of the season. They beat us at PR in the PO and we were 27 bloody points ahead of them! We’re currently 20 points ahead of scum…. Momentum is everything and I said on here several weeks ago I thought they were starting to run into form . As usual my opinion was trashed. But here we are ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 13:51 - Mar 10 with 1299 viewsHerbivore

Fancied us to finish top 6 but was expecting more battling for 5th or 6th rather than being top 2 for most of the season and having 78 points on the board with 10 games still to go.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 18:34 - Mar 10 with 1182 viewsWhos_blue

At the start of the season I was hoping for a respectable 8th.
We've far exceded that, so happy days.
It would be an exceptional implosion for us to drop out of the top 6 now, so I'm just trying to enjoy every moment of this remarkable season.
I won't pretend I didn't find yesterday tricky, but overall I couldn't be happier.
Though I am a self confessed happy clapper.
[Post edited 10 Mar 18:43]

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 18:36 - Mar 10 with 1174 viewsGlasgowBlue

Consolidation. Being within touching distance of the play offs going into the final month of the season would have been an aspiration.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 18:39 - Mar 10 with 1159 viewsbackwaywhen

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 09:23 - Mar 10 by BlueBadger

Pre-season, I'd have taken top half and above Norwich.

That’s my thoughts and hopes before August …..let’s just keep going and see where it leads .
What were peoples expectations for this season? on 18:40 - Mar 10 with 1159 viewsitfcjoe

I personally thought we’d go up automatically (and have the betting slips and competition entries to prove it!) and effectively I was right in that - whether we make it or not we’ve got a points tally good enough to do it.

If we don’t do it, it’s still an incredible season regardless of what happens from here- it will almost certainly be our best ever season in the top 2 tiers in a points per game basis since Alf Ramsey left

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 18:57 - Mar 10 with 1080 viewsEsseeja

7th, but I'm not as surprised as other people with how well we have done so far. Playoffs is perfectly acceptable although I think 2nd is ours for the taking.
[Post edited 16 Mar 20:37]
What were peoples expectations for this season? on 19:21 - Mar 10 with 1033 viewsBlueBoots

You can see what a few posters were hoping / expecting at the start of the season here (my thoughts on 23rd July 2023 - got some of it right ):

What are your hopes/expectations by BlueBoots 23 Jul 2023 17:26
I hope that we give the players who won us promotion a fair crack at the Championship. We have space for one more player in the squad who I feel needs to be a replacement for Keogh, albeit one who is capable of playing more games if necessary. I think we could do with a 3rd No.9, but as an emergency back up / impact sub to Hirst / Ladapo would prefer us to sign an Under-21 who won't count towards the 25.

If we need to refresh / tinker with the squad, I hope we wait until the winter window (as we did last year), and hopefully as successfully.

I hope / expect us to be at least challenging for the play-offs; Sunderland managed that last season after a less impressive promotion the previous season.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

What were peoples expectations for this season? on 19:42 - Mar 10 with 994 viewsbluelagos

Knocking on the door of and just missing out on the playoffs. Was thinking 7th or 8th.

Would have been happy with a playoff place & loss at start of season.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024