Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious 10:40 - Mar 10 with 32327 viewssmithy69

Awful to read the Cardiff forum and to hear an Ipswich fan (amongst a group of 40) attacked a 70. Year old man leaving him hospitalised. Reading an account from his son of the details it seems truthful.

All teams have knobs following them - but a 70 year old man?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 12:18 - Mar 10 with 2949 viewsSitfcB

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 11:59 - Mar 10 by DJR

I can't say I liked the anti-Welsh chants at Cardiff Central when the 8.48 from Paddington arrived but then again many had carrier bags full of beer when they got on the train.

If it were me, I would change the railway bye-laws to ban the bringing of alcohol onto trains carrying football fans to matches.
[Post edited 10 Mar 12:01]

It is illegal to drink on public transport on the way to a sporting event isn’t it? Just can’t be proved and not enough resources.

Nothing wrong with a few drinks anyway, but some do go a bit over the top.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 12:19 - Mar 10 with 2947 viewsnshearman1

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 11:39 - Mar 10 by noggin

Happy to donate.

I'd happily donate too. There was a group of total Neanderthals, lads possibly teenagers on my train back, going to London, the 15.18 from Cardiff Central I think carriage C. One was a kid in the classic naff fake Burberry scarf and a cap. They were loud, drunk and obscene, talking about a fight of some sort, I had my 8-year-old grandson with me going to his second game and it was lamentable. I've been through the 70s and we just don't need these scum these days. Maybe there was CC TV at the garage on that corner. Hope they get done, they bring shame on the club.
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 12:20 - Mar 10 with 2927 viewsEastTownBlue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 11:59 - Mar 10 by DJR

I can't say I liked the anti-Welsh chants at Cardiff Central when the 8.48 from Paddington arrived but then again many had carrier bags full of beer when they got on the train.

If it were me, I would change the railway bye-laws to ban the bringing of alcohol onto trains carrying football fans to matches.

They are looking to end the alcohol ban on ScotRail trains as the company and the BTP say that it is unworkable.
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 12:36 - Mar 10 with 2857 viewsRyorry

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 11:25 - Mar 10 by gainsboroughblue

Really disappointing to read. We have our share of idiots like anybody else but smacking a pensioner is just beyond the pale.

I'd happily contribute if we were able to find out who the poor chap is and send him something like a hamper or similar with our best wishes.

The old boy’s son has posted on that thread about his Dad, so if someone wants to register there and post that we’d like to buy him some of his fav things to help him gws, I’d happily contribute too.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 12:41 - Mar 10 with 2826 viewsvinceg

Didn't see this but seen one or two incidents on away trips this season. It is mostly young boys with a bit of bum fluff who seem to think they're hard by picking on an easy target. Will never condone hooliganism, but you kind of wish they'd pick on the wrong target one time and get a hiding. Perhaps they'll then think twice in future. I bet they were quiet after the Millwall game! Heard a bit of anti-Welsh singing at Cardiff Central on the way home too. En route to Leicester a few weeks ago, there were a couple of drunken morons singing on Ely station "Ely's a s***hole, I wanna go home". This was a Monday lunchtime. The locals looked totally bemused, If only they realised how moronic they sound and how badly it reflects on the club and football fans in general. Save the singing for the ground or the pre-match pub, not public transport.
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 12:48 - Mar 10 with 2760 viewsPlums

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:43 - Mar 10 by smithy69

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=238294

I feel physically sick reading that.
Whoever did that deserves banging up.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 12:59 - Mar 10 with 2704 viewssmithy69

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 12:48 - Mar 10 by Plums

I feel physically sick reading that.
Whoever did that deserves banging up.

I have just sent an account up - so will wait for it to be authorised then post on behalf of us - if that’s ok

I’m the same. Happy to donate to help his recovery etc
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:02 - Mar 10 with 2691 viewsChateauWines

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 10:43 - Mar 10 by smithy69

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=238294

Only just read this. Group of 6 or so drunk youths with woman who could barely stand got off train at Manningtree around 7.15pm, boasting how theyd had a scrap outside ground

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Login to get fewer ads

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:23 - Mar 10 with 2608 viewsexeterblue10

Sickened to read that. Town fans have always had such a good reputation but I’ve noticed a small number of tools at the away games recently. I’d be happy to donate. Apparently it was caught on CCTV. Let’s hope so.
[Post edited 10 Mar 13:26]
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:29 - Mar 10 with 2557 viewsbluelagos

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 12:18 - Mar 10 by SitfcB

It is illegal to drink on public transport on the way to a sporting event isn’t it? Just can’t be proved and not enough resources.

Nothing wrong with a few drinks anyway, but some do go a bit over the top.

It is illegal to drink on public transport on the way to a sporting event isn’t it?
----
No. Illegal on public transport that is only going to footie - so Galloways would be illegal. Same for a football special train if they still ran.

A normal train (even if you are going to the footie) is not covered. See second page below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5a7c5b34e5274a7ee501a6b8/guidelin

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:33 - Mar 10 with 2533 viewswoodbridge_blue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:23 - Mar 10 by exeterblue10

Sickened to read that. Town fans have always had such a good reputation but I’ve noticed a small number of tools at the away games recently. I’d be happy to donate. Apparently it was caught on CCTV. Let’s hope so.
[Post edited 10 Mar 13:26]

Don't know if it's the same one, but at the incident which I referred to in an earlier post, a number of lads were filming the standoff, so one would assume that it has or will appear on Social media soon.
It's already doing the rounds. (n/t) on 13:33 - Mar 10 with 2516 viewsBloots

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:33 - Mar 10 by woodbridge_blue

Don't know if it's the same one, but at the incident which I referred to in an earlier post, a number of lads were filming the standoff, so one would assume that it has or will appear on Social media soon.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:34 - Mar 10 with 2516 viewsgainsboroughblue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:29 - Mar 10 by bluelagos

It is illegal to drink on public transport on the way to a sporting event isn’t it?
----
No. Illegal on public transport that is only going to footie - so Galloways would be illegal. Same for a football special train if they still ran.

A normal train (even if you are going to the footie) is not covered. See second page below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5a7c5b34e5274a7ee501a6b8/guidelin

Are the trains on derby day between Norwich-Ipswich football specials? Good idea they are if so. Then again, these days I probably wouldn't be able to finish a can in 40 minutes anyway.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:34 - Mar 10 with 2518 viewsevansblue

Absolutely disgraceful to read about this.
I go on the Cardiff forum now and again and had earlier chatted about how refreshing it was to be able to wear colours and drink and chat with home fans before and after the game.
I will happily donate when this is set up.
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:37 - Mar 10 with 2474 viewsSwansea_Blue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 11:14 - Mar 10 by woodbridge_blue

Saw a bit of a Mexican standoff at a petrol station on Sloper Road, lots of threats from both sides but nothing coming of it.

We have a lot of Stone Island youths following us who can't handle strong lager and/or cider and othersubstances...we sat near a fairly obnoxious gang on the 6.40 from Ipswich, loud and crude. One of them looked so shot away I'm convinced he can't have seen the game.

Don't really want these idiots following us.

Hope the old chap is OK.

Yeah, there some right little gobby sh*tes around yesterday. A bunch of them were being obnoxious on Ninian Road before the game. They’re an embarrassment to themselves and the club.

Assuming this attack is true (and I’ve no reason to believe otherwise) I hope those involved are identified and charged, and receive lengthy banning orders.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:38 - Mar 10 with 2470 viewsMeadowlark

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:34 - Mar 10 by evansblue

Absolutely disgraceful to read about this.
I go on the Cardiff forum now and again and had earlier chatted about how refreshing it was to be able to wear colours and drink and chat with home fans before and after the game.
I will happily donate when this is set up.

Indeed. We met a couple of Cardiff lads in 'spoons before the match and ended up sharing a cab to the ground.
Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:38 - Mar 10 with 2462 viewsbluelagos

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:34 - Mar 10 by gainsboroughblue

Are the trains on derby day between Norwich-Ipswich football specials? Good idea they are if so. Then again, these days I probably wouldn't be able to finish a can in 40 minutes anyway.

Fiik.

But if we do end up at Wembley playing Naaridge - I won't be jumping on a train that's been specially arranged just in case.
[Post edited 10 Mar 14:36]

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:41 - Mar 10 with 2435 viewsbluelagos

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 12:07 - Mar 10 by noggin

"I'd be all for banning the sale of alcohol in train stations and airports outside normal licensing hours, I don't get the need for 2 pints of special brew at 7am"

Woah, let's not be too hasty here...

A kneejerk reaction from someone on Twtd? Surely not!

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:43 - Mar 10 with 2400 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s not as if the Welsh taunts, singing the National Anthem, etc., are even remotely original. Every team that comes over this way does the same every time. Too thick to think half of this lot and just come over as divvy Tommy Robinsons.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:46 - Mar 10 with 2369 viewstextbackup

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:34 - Mar 10 by gainsboroughblue

The 3-0 loss there, I left at HT and got a crate for me and mates for way home. Was a football special and nothing was said about drinking on there. So reckon they just let it slide

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:51 - Mar 10 with 2333 viewsgainsboroughblue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:46 - Mar 10 by textbackup

The 3-0 loss there, I left at HT and got a crate for me and mates for way home. Was a football special and nothing was said about drinking on there. So reckon they just let it slide

The football specials I've been on have been more like a tube train at peak time so I've barely been able to move, let alone lift a can to my mouth. Mini buses with multiple stops in pubs up the A140 was always the best way to travel to Nodge.

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:56 - Mar 10 with 2299 viewsbluelagos

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:51 - Mar 10 by gainsboroughblue

The football specials I've been on have been more like a tube train at peak time so I've barely been able to move, let alone lift a can to my mouth. Mini buses with multiple stops in pubs up the A140 was always the best way to travel to Nodge.

They've not regularly run football specials for decades but the ones in the 80s - I once read that they used to use the sh1ttiest carriages going as they were worried about possible damage.

Typical of the mindset of the day really - that fans needed caging in and treating like cattle. Even in the 80s most fans were perfectly law abiding whilst accepting there was an onoing hooligan issue.

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 14:04 - Mar 10 with 2276 viewsITFC_Forever

There’s usually one or two special trains added, but there’s the regular trains as well.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 14:07 - Mar 10 with 2250 viewstextbackup

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 13:51 - Mar 10 by gainsboroughblue

Last time got mate (not a town fan) to drop a car full to the Townhouse pub at 0830, chucked him £20 each.
Then followed the crowd onto the train with no chance of buying/getting ticket checked.

As they say, bosh

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 14:11 - Mar 10 with 2207 viewsgainsboroughblue

Very disappointed to hear a 70 year old man was knocked unconscious on 14:07 - Mar 10 by textbackup

Last time got mate (not a town fan) to drop a car full to the Townhouse pub at 0830, chucked him £20 each.
Then followed the crowd onto the train with no chance of buying/getting ticket checked.

As they say, bosh

Tended to get shunted back on the train at Norwich after a game anyway. I remember driving one year and parking at the council car park and really had to argue and protest to be let back to my car.

Same thing happened at Reading when Kingy was rounding us up at the Three Guineas to get on the Paddington train. We nearly fell out big time when I was explaining I had digs for the night. Similar at Southampton in the cup. Tends to happen when there is a sizeable 'element' present.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024