Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flying to Nuremberg in the morning 20:39 - Mar 11 with 1330 viewsCoastalblue

Got four days there for Ms Coastal's birthday, anybody got any relevant experience or reccomendations for the city?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Flying to Nuremberg in the morning on 20:43 - Mar 11 with 1309 viewsBuhrer

Possibly. What sort of things does your wife like to trial?
Flying to Nuremberg in the morning on 20:57 - Mar 11 with 1268 viewsArnoldMoorhen

So, basically, you want us to tell you what to do, so you can claim you were only following orders?

That won't cut it in Nuremberg.
Flying to Nuremberg in the morning on 21:03 - Mar 11 with 1247 viewsfactual_blue

How about this?

https://www.getyourguide.co.uk/nuremberg-l127/nuremberg-old-town-and-rally-groun

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Flying to Nuremberg in the morning on 21:10 - Mar 11 with 1212 viewsCoastalblue

Flying to Nuremberg in the morning on 21:03 - Mar 11 by factual_blue

How about this?

https://www.getyourguide.co.uk/nuremberg-l127/nuremberg-old-town-and-rally-groun

That's the sort of thing thanks, actually have a walking tour of the Old Town booked for Wednesday morning, as it's how I earn my living I always try to start a new city with a walking tour.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

Flying to Nuremberg in the morning on 21:17 - Mar 11 with 1185 viewsfactual_blue

Flying to Nuremberg in the morning on 21:10 - Mar 11 by Coastalblue

That's the sort of thing thanks, actually have a walking tour of the Old Town booked for Wednesday morning, as it's how I earn my living I always try to start a new city with a walking tour.

Actually I posted it in mainly in jest, but when I read the details, it actually looked quite interesting...

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Flying to Nuremberg in the morning on 22:02 - Mar 11 with 1132 viewsChurchman

I’ve stayed there a few times. It’s a nice city. Wide avenues, a nice market, old church, new church, medieval walls and a really nice castle. It also has a red light district but I doubt Mrs C will be interested in that! Neither was I when there were plenty of bars to chill out in.

The place where the trials and the rallies before the war were held can be visited.
95% of the medieval city was destroyed in WW2 and it’s been, still being, rebuilt in the following way. Buildings of historical importance, rebuilt as they were. Buildings wrecked but not so significant, rebuilt in the style of the old but modernised. Building of little historical significance - replaced with new.

Of course, in the 50s and 60s a lot of cheap rubbish was thrown up like everywhere else. Unlike the U.K. where the rubbish will be there until doomsday, Nuremberg is replacing with stylish new stuff. Nice city, welcoming, lovely people.
Flying to Nuremberg in the morning on 08:43 - Mar 12 with 903 viewsSE1blue

When I was 15 I went on a school trip to Germany and one of our stops was Nuremberg.

Allowed to roam the cities in small groups, me and two mates got picked on by a group of lads claiming to be Nazis. They started kicking us down the street and as we were outnumbered we ran into the nearest shop. Turns out that was a florist.

We told the owner what was happening (these lads were still waiting outside of us) and her husband came and took us out to a back room, down some stairs and then through some old war tunnels ( now being used for deliveries) and we emerged by the church where we met our teachers.

I doubt this’ll happen to you but any trouble, get in a florists.
[Post edited 12 Mar 11:57]

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Flying to Nuremberg in the morning on 09:47 - Mar 12 with 852 viewsGuthrum

Spent a night in Nuremberg about 25 years ago on the way to the Czech Republic. Remember there being a nice cafe and interesting architecture in the centre. And the impressive castle, altho we didn't actually have time go inside. Wanted to visit the Zeppelinfeld, being into history, but failed to find it (didn't have a good map and it was pre-phone-internet).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Flying to Nuremberg in the morning on 09:59 - Mar 12 with 832 viewsoncebluealwaysblue

Get booked onto a free walking tour. Did a day trip there this time last year and it covered so much history, all for the cost of a tenner tip at the end.
Flying to Nuremberg in the morning on 10:25 - Mar 12 with 794 viewsbracknell_blue

Do the castle. If you have a day spare and want to go somewhere a bit different, get a train to Bamberg (about an hour).It is a world heritage city, absolutely beautiful and historic with probably the best bars and beer in Germany to boot. Seriously lovely city.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Flying to Nuremberg in the morning on 12:30 - Mar 12 with 730 viewsVanSaParody

Look for a cycling tour of the city, I believe there may be a cycle hire shop called Nuremberg Raleigh
Flying to Nuremberg in the morning on 11:57 - Mar 15 with 490 viewsCoastalblue

Flying to Nuremberg in the morning on 10:25 - Mar 12 by bracknell_blue

Do the castle. If you have a day spare and want to go somewhere a bit different, get a train to Bamberg (about an hour).It is a world heritage city, absolutely beautiful and historic with probably the best bars and beer in Germany to boot. Seriously lovely city.

First time I've logged back in for a couple of days, but am actually sat on a train approaching Bamberg right now!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024