Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any normal season 11:50 - Mar 18 with 2953 viewsHerbivore

And 4 wins from our last 8 games would see us finishing very comfortably in 2nd place (likely with a game or two to spare) and in with a sniff of the title. This season is nuts. We may have ended the banter era, but we still don't half have some ropey luck.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Any normal season on 11:52 - Mar 18 with 2229 viewsIllinoisblue

We could win 6 of 8 and still miss out. Bonkers. Maybe we’ll get to visit new Wembley for the first time…

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Any normal season on 11:56 - Mar 18 with 2188 viewsSomethingBlue

Any normal season on 11:52 - Mar 18 by Illinoisblue

We could win 6 of 8 and still miss out. Bonkers. Maybe we’ll get to visit new Wembley for the first time…

Knowing our luck Coventry will make both FA Cup final and play-off final, meaning the latter is rescheduled and played at Villa Park or somewhere.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Any normal season on 11:57 - Mar 18 with 2162 viewsLamp

The Banter Era only truly ends when we beat Nodge
Any normal season on 11:58 - Mar 18 with 2142 viewsHerbivore

Any normal season on 11:52 - Mar 18 by Illinoisblue

I'd like to think 6 wins would do it. 99 points should be good enough for second, right? RIGHT???

Any normal season on 12:02 - Mar 18 with 2085 viewsITFCBlues

Any normal season on 11:58 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

I'd like to think 6 wins would do it. 99 points should be good enough for second, right? RIGHT???

Not for me. Leeds and Leicester are unfortunately pretty relentless.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Any normal season on 12:04 - Mar 18 with 2074 viewsTractorCam

Any normal season on 12:02 - Mar 18 by ITFCBlues

Still plenty of time for a wobble, Sheffield Wednesday didn't start theirs until the end of March last season.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Any normal season on 12:08 - Mar 18 with 2037 views_clive_baker_

Nae normal
Any normal season on 12:10 - Mar 18 with 2006 viewsIllinoisblue

Any normal season on 12:04 - Mar 18 by TractorCam

Still plenty of time for a wobble, Sheffield Wednesday didn't start theirs until the end of March last season.

Leicester have tough games in April. I keep telling myself that

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

Any normal season on 12:10 - Mar 18 with 2001 viewsbaxterbasics

we could win 8/8 and not make it. Scary thing is that doesn't seem outside the realms of plausibility.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Any normal season on 12:12 - Mar 18 with 1977 viewsIllinoisblue

Any normal season on 11:56 - Mar 18 by SomethingBlue

Knowing our luck Coventry will make both FA Cup final and play-off final, meaning the latter is rescheduled and played at Villa Park or somewhere.

The way Coventry are playing that actually wouldn’t surprise me although they have a bit of work to do in the league.

62 - 78 - 81

Any normal season on 12:14 - Mar 18 with 1958 viewsHairBearBunch

Any normal season on 11:58 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

Maybe not this season. Esp. with our goal difference
Any normal season on 12:16 - Mar 18 with 1928 viewsWalkyWonderland

I think Leicester are the team to gun for now. One win in five. If we get top 2 I think it would be Leeds and us.
The similarities with last season are uncanny, and we're a league up looking at similar points totals. Can lightening strike twice?
Any normal season on 12:17 - Mar 18 with 1922 views_clive_baker_

Any normal season on 12:04 - Mar 18 by TractorCam

The difference is Sheffield Wednesday weren't particularly good IMO. They had an ageing squad of flat track bullies and bar a few notable exceptions they seemed to scrape very narrow 1-0 wins or draws for the most part. I wasn't massively surprised when a few results went against them as they looked like a side that ran out of steam.

I can't see the same being true of Leeds and Leicester. That's not to say they wont drop points, I do think Leeds have 4 or 5 games coming up now that might be more challenging, but equally so do we. I can see us needing 100 points for 2nd which is nuts.
Any normal season on 12:17 - Mar 18 with 1912 viewsHerbivore

Leicester aren't looking very relentless, mate. Three defeats and a draw in their last five games doesn't scream relentless.

I'd be very surprised if 99 points isn't enough for 2nd.

Any normal season on 12:18 - Mar 18 with 1895 viewsbaxterbasics

Any normal season on 12:16 - Mar 18 by WalkyWonderland

I think Leicester are the team to gun for now. One win in five. If we get top 2 I think it would be Leeds and us.
The similarities with last season are uncanny, and we're a league up looking at similar points totals. Can lightening strike twice?

If we can finish 2nd two seasons in a row, we can do it for a third too.

#BaselessOptimism

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Any normal season on 12:19 - Mar 18 with 1888 viewsHerbivore

Any normal season on 12:10 - Mar 18 by baxterbasics

we could win 8/8 and not make it. Scary thing is that doesn't seem outside the realms of plausibility.

Whilst not impossible I'd say it's highly implausible that we win our last 8 games, finish on 105 points, and still don't go up. Win our last 8 and we will very likely be champions.

Any normal season on 12:20 - Mar 18 with 1857 viewshoppy

I wouldn't say Leicester have been particularly relentless lately - only 2 wins in their last 7 games, and one of those was a cup win, 4 defeats and 1 draw complete the last 7.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Any normal season on 12:21 - Mar 18 with 1850 viewsTractorCam

Any normal season on 12:17 - Mar 18 by _clive_baker_

The difference is Sheffield Wednesday weren't particularly good IMO. They had an ageing squad of flat track bullies and bar a few notable exceptions they seemed to scrape very narrow 1-0 wins or draws for the most part. I wasn't massively surprised when a few results went against them as they looked like a side that ran out of steam.

I can't see the same being true of Leeds and Leicester. That's not to say they wont drop points, I do think Leeds have 4 or 5 games coming up now that might be more challenging, but equally so do we. I can see us needing 100 points for 2nd which is nuts.

Leeds recently drew to 10 man Huddersfield, Leicester losing at home to QPR. No reason why they can't falter some more.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Any normal season on 12:22 - Mar 18 with 1837 viewshomer_123

I think there will be so many twists and turns before the season is out.

That said, I think Leeds look most likely to take top spot now.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Any normal season on 12:31 - Mar 18 with 1732 views_clive_baker_

Any normal season on 12:20 - Mar 18 by hoppy

I wouldn't say Leicester have been particularly relentless lately - only 2 wins in their last 7 games, and one of those was a cup win, 4 defeats and 1 draw complete the last 7.

Really they've had 2 stinkers, losing at home to QPR and Boro. Over the course of the season they've been pretty relentless in the league to be fair, and bowed out of the cups away to Liverpool and Chelsea.

Other than those 2 mentioned their recent wobble includes a draw at Hull which is a tough place to go, and a defeat at Leeds where I thought they were a bit unfortunate, against probably the best side in the division.

Can we take more points from our 8 games than Leicester do from their 9? To overcome a 1 point gap and lesser GD? It's not impossible but I make it unlikely.
Any normal season on 12:31 - Mar 18 with 1724 viewspointofblue

Any normal season on 12:17 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

Leicester aren't looking very relentless, mate. Three defeats and a draw in their last five games doesn't scream relentless.

I'd be very surprised if 99 points isn't enough for 2nd.

Six wins means we'll probably have to beat Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Watford and Huddersfield , meaning we perhaps can afford dropped points from two of Southampton, Norwich, Hull and Coventry. Maybe Norwich (yeuch) and Hull, as Southampton is a home game and Coventry may be distracted and/or tired.

Unfortunately, the Cardiff defeat is looking more and more decisive. But I think a few of us thought the same of the draw at Cheltenham last year.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Any normal season on 12:32 - Mar 18 with 1721 viewsGuthrum

Any normal season on 12:18 - Mar 18 by baxterbasics

If we can finish 2nd two seasons in a row, we can do it for a third too.

#BaselessOptimism

That was my prediction from more than a year ago.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Any normal season on 12:32 - Mar 18 with 1715 viewsHerbivore

Any normal season on 12:31 - Mar 18 by _clive_baker_

Really they've had 2 stinkers, losing at home to QPR and Boro. Over the course of the season they've been pretty relentless in the league to be fair, and bowed out of the cups away to Liverpool and Chelsea.

Other than those 2 mentioned their recent wobble includes a draw at Hull which is a tough place to go, and a defeat at Leeds where I thought they were a bit unfortunate, against probably the best side in the division.

Can we take more points from our 8 games than Leicester do from their 9? To overcome a 1 point gap and lesser GD? It's not impossible but I make it unlikely.

Leeds are due a wobble.

Any normal season on 12:33 - Mar 18 with 1711 views_clive_baker_

Any normal season on 12:21 - Mar 18 by TractorCam

Leeds recently drew to 10 man Huddersfield, Leicester losing at home to QPR. No reason why they can't falter some more.

Of course, hence 'that's not to say they wont drop points'. I would be very surprised if either Leeds or Leicester didn't drop more points between now and the end of the season, that's almost an inevitability I would say. The question is whether we can drop less.
Any normal season on 12:38 - Mar 18 with 1679 views_clive_baker_

Any normal season on 12:31 - Mar 18 by pointofblue

Six wins means we'll probably have to beat Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Watford and Huddersfield , meaning we perhaps can afford dropped points from two of Southampton, Norwich, Hull and Coventry. Maybe Norwich (yeuch) and Hull, as Southampton is a home game and Coventry may be distracted and/or tired.

Unfortunately, the Cardiff defeat is looking more and more decisive. But I think a few of us thought the same of the draw at Cheltenham last year.

It's easy to point at games like Cardiff and rue them though. For every Cardiff away there's a handful of Cardiff at homes or Bristol City just a few days before that defeat etc that on another day could've been less fruitful.

Our points haul is outrageous, more so in the context of us just coming up but irrespective of that. Just outrageous generally. Bl00dy annoying we've found ourselves in a division with 2 or 3 very strong parachute clubs who are also outrageous.

Still, we're at this stage of the season and we've got a dog in the fight, which is incredible. Win our games and it would almost certainly be enough for the top 2. While it wouldn't mathematically guarantee anything we're certainly not requiring snookers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024