Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... 16:18 - Mar 18 with 3298 viewsMaySixth

Coventry reach the FA Cup Final and make the play-offs

decision will be made May 5th
[Post edited 18 Mar 16:23]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 16:53 - Mar 18 with 2909 viewsJakeITFC

Quick turnaround with the Champions League final there at 8pm on June 1st.
Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 16:59 - Mar 18 with 2868 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

I’m booked on a flight for holidays 2nd June. I really hope all the possibilities don’t conspire against me…..
Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 17:19 - Mar 18 with 2769 viewstextbackup

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 16:59 - Mar 18 by muhrensleftfoot

I’m booked on a flight for holidays 2nd June. I really hope all the possibilities don’t conspire against me…..

I’d hazard a guess you’ve planned that holiday around the PO dates too… as many others would have.
Feel for anyone in that situation

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 17:27 - Mar 18 with 2704 viewsEastTownBlue

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 16:53 - Mar 18 by JakeITFC

I thought that they had managed that previously but the Championship play off final in 2013 was on the Monday following the Saturday CL final.

Although I thought it had been decided that Norwich ate finishing sixth ?
Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 17:29 - Mar 18 with 2694 views_clive_baker_

FFS I'm away then.

Think it's very unlikely sequence of events though. 1) Cov beating Man United, 2) them making the playoffs and 3) me giving 2 sh1ts as even if they do, it'll likely be in 6th, in which case we couldn't both be in the final (if we come 3rd).

And 4) we're winning the league anyway.

Edit: Just seen the decision will be 5th May. So if Cov beat Man Utd and make the playoffs it's getting moved. Perhaps a little more likely that I thought. Balls.
[Post edited 18 Mar 17:45]
Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 17:57 - Mar 18 with 2549 viewsSwansea_Blue

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 16:53 - Mar 18 by JakeITFC

Could be the closest Norwich ever get to a European final.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 18:09 - Mar 18 with 2497 viewsTheBoyBlue

Seemed a daft decision to arrange both games on the same weekend. Although unlikely, it would never be such a far-fetched prospect. Why didn't they put the L1 or L2 final that weekend which is improbable?

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 18:15 - Mar 18 with 2427 viewsDinDjarin

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 18:09 - Mar 18 by TheBoyBlue

Seemed a daft decision to arrange both games on the same weekend. Although unlikely, it would never be such a far-fetched prospect. Why didn't they put the L1 or L2 final that weekend which is improbable?

League 1 is that weekend, on the Monday, championship on the Sunday.
Login to get fewer ads

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 18:29 - Mar 18 with 2355 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 17:19 - Mar 18 by textbackup

I’d hazard a guess you’ve planned that holiday around the PO dates too… as many others would have.

That's absolutely correct. I've got the playoff final date marked on my Calendar so neither me nor the missus books anything. Fingers and toes crossed now. I'll be cheering for Man Utd for the first time in my life.
Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 19:13 - Mar 18 with 2233 viewsMaySixth

Yep

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 21:27 - Mar 18 with 1944 viewsmutters

This would be a disaster for myself and close friends. We've a good mates 50th that weekend and it's a proper multi day event. Going away to a castle, big time celebrations, over 100 people. Of those 100 I'd say atleast 15 are full on Town friends with nearly all of them being ble to qualify to go to Wembley

God this would cause Chaos
[Post edited 18 Mar 21:29]

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 21:29 - Mar 18 with 1927 viewsSwansea_Blue

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 21:27 - Mar 18 by mutters

This would be a disaster for myself and close friends. We've a good mates 50th that weekend and it's a proper multi day event. Going away to a castle, big time celebrations, over 100 people. Of those 100 I'd say atleast 15 are full on Town friends with nearly all of them being ble to qualify to go to Wembley

Pah! Jack that rubbish in and save it up for his 100th!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 21:36 - Mar 18 with 1889 viewsTheBoyBlue

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 18:15 - Mar 18 by DinDjarin

League 1 is that weekend, on the Monday, championship on the Sunday.

According to the EFL website L1 & L2 are the previous weekend. https://efl.com/competitions/sky-bet-play-offs

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 22:23 - Mar 18 with 1799 viewsZx1988

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 21:36 - Mar 18 by TheBoyBlue

According to the EFL website L1 & L2 are the previous weekend. https://efl.com/competitions/sky-bet-play-offs

The proposed solution sounds like a worst of all worlds decision.

Why not just swap it with (say) the L2 final instead?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 22:27 - Mar 18 with 1783 viewsTheBoyBlue

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 22:23 - Mar 18 by Zx1988

That would be far too sensible.

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 23:01 - Mar 18 with 1699 viewsmutters

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 21:29 - Mar 18 by Swansea_Blue

Pah! Jack that rubbish in and save it up for his 100th!

If it happens can I volunteer you as the one to tell the birthday boy 🤣🤣

It's not even close to London, its up in Scotland.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 23:21 - Mar 18 with 1655 viewsGiant_Midget

Imagine if they changed it to accommodate Coventry and they lost the play off semi!
Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 23:30 - Mar 18 with 1640 viewsEuropablue

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 16:59 - Mar 18 by muhrensleftfoot

I hope we don't even get into the playoffs.
Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 01:00 - Mar 19 with 1568 viewsDarkBrandon

This is a terrible decision on many levels.

But it screws over the clubs too. Not knowing which division they will be playing in for a good chunk of the summer will mess up transfer plans, and probably any infrastructure investment that could be actioned over the Summer (new pitch, work on stadium …) using the proceeds of promotion.
Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 01:15 - Mar 19 with 1553 viewspointofblue

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 01:00 - Mar 19 by DarkBrandon

This is a terrible decision on many levels.

But it screws over the clubs too. Not knowing which division they will be playing in for a good chunk of the summer will mess up transfer plans, and probably any infrastructure investment that could be actioned over the Summer (new pitch, work on stadium …) using the proceeds of promotion.

You say a good chunk of the summer but it’s one week later than scheduled. It’s not like it’s been pushed back a month.

Saying that, switching it with the League One or League Two play off final makes far more sense.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 07:20 - Mar 19 with 1392 viewsITFC_Forever

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 22:23 - Mar 18 by Zx1988

Because L1 and L2 finish a week earlier so they can fit the semi finals in.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 07:29 - Mar 19 with 1368 viewstextbackup

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 21:27 - Mar 18 by mutters

Sounds like a mini bus job to me

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 08:01 - Mar 19 with 1295 viewsCaptainAhab

If this is the case would it not also have a detrimental effect on the internationals? Eg if we end up in the final the Welsh boys get a week less with their teammates before the euros? Or maybe no break before the call up?
Also I wonder if any of our loans expire at the end of May?
Bloody Coventry
Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 16:28 - Mar 19 with 992 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 17:19 - Mar 18 by textbackup

That's me
Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 16:44 - Mar 19 with 950 viewsgiant_stow

Championship Play-Off Final being moved to June 2nd if.... on 17:57 - Mar 18 by Swansea_Blue

Could be the closest Norwich ever get to a European final.

ouch!!! You toe rag.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024