Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuanzebe or Clarke? 23:44 - Mar 27 with 2214 viewsTommy_ITFC

Axel for me. Whilst Clarkes managing his achilles and Tuanzebe's on form.
Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 23:53 - Mar 27 with 1946 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Axel has been superb in the past few games. For me, he has done more than enough to keep the shirt.

However, with 5 games in 15 days, there will definitely be some rotation and utilising our squad
Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 05:22 - Mar 28 with 1822 viewsMK1

Axel will start. We are going to need all our squad though during this run in. We have some very tough games ahead of us and it is all hands on the pumps for a final push towards promotion. The main part of the squad will be dead on their feet come the end, so expect the fringe players to step up and see us over the line. Squeaky bum time again.
Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 06:22 - Mar 28 with 1783 viewsfranz_tyson

Zebbers has earnt the shirt.

Is 'whilst xxxxxx is managing his achilles/hamstring/ calf' another way of saying that someone has been preferrred to them? No-brainer.... go with the in-form player.
Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 07:58 - Mar 28 with 1650 views_clive_baker_

I think they bring different qualities and we’re fortunate to have them both. Given the Friday / Monday games it might be a case of starting 1 each.
Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:01 - Mar 28 with 1636 viewsHerbivore

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 07:58 - Mar 28 by _clive_baker_

I think they bring different qualities and we’re fortunate to have them both. Given the Friday / Monday games it might be a case of starting 1 each.

That's where I am on it as well. Delighted to see Tuanzebe playing well and getting a run of games but Clarke is also a good right back and gives us more threat going forward down that side. There'll be times one is more suited to a game than the other and times we'll need to rotate to keep them both fit and fresh.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:22 - Mar 28 with 1588 viewsBondiBlue

This smells a bit like the playing out from the back argument for me. Those in favour of mckennaball should prefer clarke because he's infinitely better going forward. Those who still get nervous when hladky passes it square across his 6 yard box will prefer tuanzebe because he's the head-it-kick-it defender.

Clarke all day in this league. Tuanzebe for man city away next season.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:23 - Mar 28 with 1588 viewsitfcjoe

I think you have to look at these games as a pair so I'd go Clarke on Friday and Tuanzebe on Monday as think AT's defensive qualities more in need v Saints and HC's attacking qualities needed v Blackburn

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:25 - Mar 28 with 1570 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:22 - Mar 28 by BondiBlue

This smells a bit like the playing out from the back argument for me. Those in favour of mckennaball should prefer clarke because he's infinitely better going forward. Those who still get nervous when hladky passes it square across his 6 yard box will prefer tuanzebe because he's the head-it-kick-it defender.

Clarke all day in this league. Tuanzebe for man city away next season.

Wouldn't say Axel is by any means a head it kick it defender. I think he is very assured and calm on the ball. I don't think the difference between him and Clarke is distribution. Clarke is a better ball carrier though.

Axel has earnt the shirt for me. We look a much more solid team with him in it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:29 - Mar 28 with 1540 viewsBondiBlue

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:25 - Mar 28 by TRUE_BLUE123

Wouldn't say Axel is by any means a head it kick it defender. I think he is very assured and calm on the ball. I don't think the difference between him and Clarke is distribution. Clarke is a better ball carrier though.

Axel has earnt the shirt for me. We look a much more solid team with him in it.

Better ball carrier, can pick a pass (long or short) cross, shoot...

Tuanzebe is composed, agree, but he can't do any of those things. Probably because he's played centre back his whole life. Reflects very well on woolfie that he's kept him out of the team all season.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:43 - Mar 28 with 1504 viewsGeoffSentence

Clarke on Friday, I think his forward runs will be of great value against a Blackburn side who haven't given many goals away recently.

Axel for Monday, will need his defensive qualities against Sarfampton.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:45 - Mar 28 with 1494 viewsredrickstuhaart

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:43 - Mar 28 by GeoffSentence

Clarke on Friday, I think his forward runs will be of great value against a Blackburn side who haven't given many goals away recently.

Axel for Monday, will need his defensive qualities against Sarfampton.

It will be Axel on Friday. He was put up for the pre match interview...
Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:48 - Mar 28 with 1473 viewsSheffordBlue

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:45 - Mar 28 by redrickstuhaart

Pretty sure that others have done the prematch interviews and then not started - I don't think this makes it a given.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:48 - Mar 28 with 1469 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:29 - Mar 28 by BondiBlue

Tuanzebe is composed, agree, but he can't do any of those things. Probably because he's played centre back his whole life. Reflects very well on woolfie that he's kept him out of the team all season.

Thought he picked a pass quite nicely vs Brum when he calmly arrived in the box and set up Sarmiento.

I like Clarke, I have defended him many times on here this season. But for me if we were playing tomorrow at Wembley in the playoff final. I would be giving Axel the nod. I do also think as pointed out on this thread though, horses for courses and id expect Clarke to play in 1 of the next 3 games maybe tomorrow.
[Post edited 28 Mar 8:51]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:50 - Mar 28 with 1459 views_clive_baker_

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:48 - Mar 28 by SheffordBlue

Pretty sure that others have done the prematch interviews and then not started - I don't think this makes it a given.

Yeah they have on other occasions this season.

I think I would go with Clarke, Woolfy, Edmundson, Davis for Blackburn.

Then Axel, Woolfy, Burgess, Davis for Saints.

Injuries and fitness permitting.
Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 09:00 - Mar 28 with 1387 viewsGeoffSentence

What does McKenna think he's doing? He's completely messed this one up.

That's it, I'm done.

McKenna Out!

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 09:16 - Mar 28 with 1319 viewsBiGDonnie

Clarke for this one, Axel for Soton.

I think it'll be...

Hladky
Clarke Woolf Fridge Davis
Morsy Luongo
Hutch Chappers B'head
AAH

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 09:18 - Mar 28 with 1273 viewsBiGDonnie

Mind games innit.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 09:27 - Mar 28 with 1225 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Amazing really that we still have options at RB with Williams and JD both not available.

4 high quality RB options in the squad. Now that is positional depth!
Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 09:35 - Mar 28 with 1187 viewsitfcsuth

Axel unlikely to play 2 games in 4 days so probably more a case of which one for which.

Would go Axel against Blackburn, HC at home to Saints.
Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 09:50 - Mar 28 with 1135 viewsClutch

Definitely Clarke.
Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 09:54 - Mar 28 with 1116 viewsNutkins_Return

There is an argument for that the other way. Numerous times person doing a presser/interview then hasn't started. McKenna mind games innit.
Tuanzebe or Clarke on 09:55 - Mar 28 with 1114 viewspointofblue

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:23 - Mar 28 by itfcjoe

I think you have to look at these games as a pair so I'd go Clarke on Friday and Tuanzebe on Monday as think AT's defensive qualities more in need v Saints and HC's attacking qualities needed v Blackburn

Tuanzebe has played Saturday/Tuesday recently, with Plymouth then Bristol City, though he was shattered by the 75th minute against the latter and was then benched for Cardiff. We really don't want him to miss Norwich, albeit there's a six day break between Southampton and the derby rather than four.

However, we'll probably be without Burgess tomorrow. Am I happy with a backline of Clarke - Woolfenden - Edmundson - Davis? Tuanzebe's presence would sure it up a bit.

Who have Southampton got on the left wing? I think I'd be tempted to play Axel against Blackburn and Clarke on Monday, with the proviso Burgess is back for the latter.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 10:11 - Mar 28 with 1068 viewsiamipswich

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:23 - Mar 28 by itfcjoe

This is it.

You'd say Clarke's attacking capabilities are better suited to Blackburn game while we'll need Axel's defensive strengths in the game where we will likely be spending more time defending compared with Blackburn.

Poll: Who will return first?

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 12:26 - Mar 28 with 889 viewsChurchman

Axel for Friday, worry about Monday on Monday morning.
Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 12:56 - Mar 28 with 816 viewsDavoIPB

Tuanzebe or Clarke? on 08:29 - Mar 28 by BondiBlue

Have you seen Axels passing. Way more assured than Clarke's. So calm. Much much better defender as well. When axel gets forward he takes his time and picks the right pass usually.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024