Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton terrible in both boxes 23:06 - Apr 1 with 652 viewsMaySixth

Russell Martin has failed to address it all season

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Southampton terrible in both boxes on 23:09 - Apr 1 with 627 viewsrailman

They had opportunities to go 3-1 up but continually made poor choices. Even at the end the only threat was going to come from Leif (I know the right back had been sent off ) and they had to make sure that supply wasn't available.
Southampton terrible in both boxes on 23:47 - Apr 1 with 555 viewsMaySixth

Southampton terrible in both boxes on 23:09 - Apr 1 by railman

They had opportunities to go 3-1 up but continually made poor choices. Even at the end the only threat was going to come from Leif (I know the right back had been sent off ) and they had to make sure that supply wasn't available.

Russell Martin is tactically well out of his depth.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Southampton terrible in both boxes on 23:57 - Apr 1 with 528 viewsrkc123

Southampton terrible in both boxes on 23:47 - Apr 1 by MaySixth

Russell Martin is tactically well out of his depth.

Definitely, I think they have the 2nd best squad in the league behind Leicester, they are underperforming. As so many managers seem to find this season, they are just not in the same league as McKenna, once again he read the game better, made the necessary changes (both tactical and personnel), and Martin couldn't adapt.
Southampton terrible in both boxes on 00:39 - Apr 2 with 489 viewsbournemouthblue

Southampton terrible in both boxes on 23:57 - Apr 1 by rkc123

Definitely, I think they have the 2nd best squad in the league behind Leicester, they are underperforming. As so many managers seem to find this season, they are just not in the same league as McKenna, once again he read the game better, made the necessary changes (both tactical and personnel), and Martin couldn't adapt.

I was going to suggest they probably have more attacking talent than Leicester but that would be silly

They certainly have two strikers in Adams and Armstrong who are as good as any other strikers in this league

Midfieldwise they look Premier League, are mobile and zip it around very nicely but they're probably not so good down the flanks with that final ball, they failed to get decent balls into the box regularly enough for me

They tended to slow it up and let us get bodies back, they looked far more dangerous when breaking early and making underlaps etc

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Southampton terrible in both boxes on 01:09 - Apr 2 with 436 viewsHipsterectomy

You have no idea what you're talking about

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Southampton terrible in both boxes on 03:15 - Apr 2 with 377 viewsITFCSG

The difference with Southampton and Leeds, while both knew how to exploit the space behind Leif they did not attack the channel constantly or we would have been taken to the cleaners like what happened at Elland Road. Leeds knew how to attack in a direct fashion on both wings whereas Southampton reverted to their tippy-tappy passing and going narrow which ultimately cost them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024