Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Foul on Hutchinson in their box? 19:20 - Apr 6 with 2098 viewsKropotkin123

Obviously Leicester would have been given it, but was it a penalty?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 19:22 - Apr 6 with 2069 viewsHerbivore

Anywhere else on the pitch, or on a player in a yellow shirt, and the ref gives it. He barges him in the back pretty clearly, imo. It's the sort of one Leeds and Leicester get routinely but that we never get.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 19:22 - Apr 6 with 2077 viewsGeoffSentence

It was a blatant shove in the back and more of a foul than the challenge that Tuanzebe got booked for, which wasnt a foul at all

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 19:23 - Apr 6 with 2074 viewscbower

Given all day outside the box but probably rarely as a pen. Stupid I know as a foul is a foul but that's the reality of it.

bluescouser

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 19:24 - Apr 6 with 2059 viewsJ2BLUE

Not a pen for me. With some of the 50/50s we got away with I won't be complaining about that one. I don't think it would have been given at the other end either.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 19:28 - Apr 6 with 2012 viewsLeoMuff

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 19:24 - Apr 6 by J2BLUE

Not a pen for me. With some of the 50/50s we got away with I won't be complaining about that one. I don't think it would have been given at the other end either.

It’s not a pen, contact from behind is rarely given.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 19:30 - Apr 6 with 1993 viewsSwansea_Blue

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 19:24 - Apr 6 by J2BLUE

And it wasn’t given at the other end. When their latest diving number 9 dangled a leg at hit the ground the ref wasn’t interested. The one on Hutch was a more obvious push, but he certainly made the most of it. I hate those sorts of ‘fouls’. They’re not real fouls but often they are given. I’m glad the ref didn’t give either of them (but he gave more that were just like it elsewhere on the pitch).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 19:44 - Apr 6 with 1883 viewsRonFearonsHair

It would not be good for the game if those were given as penalties.
But he had a softer one given against him about a minute earlier.
Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 20:10 - Apr 6 with 1753 viewslmfcblue

Was never a penalty
Login to get fewer ads

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 21:56 - Apr 6 with 1542 viewsredrickstuhaart

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 20:10 - Apr 6 by lmfcblue

Was never a penalty

It was clear as day. Forearm and weight directly in the back, no attempt at the ball. If a striker does that to a defender to gain an advantage it is given without fail.
Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 23:48 - Apr 6 with 1334 viewsbournemouthblue

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 19:22 - Apr 6 by GeoffSentence

It was a blatant shove in the back and more of a foul than the challenge that Tuanzebe got booked for, which wasnt a foul at all

The Tuanzebe non-foul started a whole phase of cheap free kicks being given, giving their midfielders shooting practice till they eventually got one right

Perhaps ironically the most difficult chance of the lot

Hladky makes a mistake for sure but I do think the ref aided and abetted that phase in the game for them sadly

But there you go, it wasn't our day, Norwich had a game plan and executed it well. I don't think they're a great side but I hope we learn from this because it might not be the last time we play them this season.
[Post edited 6 Apr 23:53]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 06:59 - Apr 7 with 1187 viewsibbleobble

I thought so but here in lies the problem with the whole afternoon. It was a foul but Hutchinson was a bit lightweight in shielding the ball so it looked a bit soft on his part. I thought our tenacity was lacking all over the park. I was very surprised to not see Clarke start in light of this.
Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 07:26 - Apr 7 with 1125 viewslmfcblue

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 21:56 - Apr 6 by redrickstuhaart

It was clear as day. Forearm and weight directly in the back, no attempt at the ball. If a striker does that to a defender to gain an advantage it is given without fail.

A ref will never give that in this league.
Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 07:35 - Apr 7 with 1097 viewsHerbivore

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 07:26 - Apr 7 by lmfcblue

A ref will never give that in this league.

Unless it's Leeds or Leicester of course.

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 08:31 - Apr 7 with 960 viewsStewart27

Not for me
Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 08:57 - Apr 7 with 922 viewstractordownsouth

As others have said it was a bigger offence that what Axel got booked for but still not enough in it to give the foul.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 09:07 - Apr 7 with 890 viewsPhilTWTD

I thought he stood on the ball from the replays. Watching it live, I didn't even note it down as a reasonable shout.
Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 10:59 - Apr 7 with 723 viewsbournemouthblue

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 08:57 - Apr 7 by tractordownsouth

As others have said it was a bigger offence that what Axel got booked for but still not enough in it to give the foul.

Any other part of the pitch it was a foul and given how petty the ref had been so far, particularly with Sargeant throwing himself to the floor at every opportunity, I'm not convinced the ref was consistent in that regard

The foul at the death on Al-Hamadi again was far clearer than a lot of the petty free kicks he did choose to give

I thought that strange phase of 10 minutes where they basically got free kick practice decided the game ultimately

At that point, I did feel they had given the wrong referee for this game, ai felt the one at Portman Road was far better

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 11:22 - Apr 7 with 680 viewsChrisd

Yes, there's a touch on his back, but enough for him to go down? Not for me. Hutchinson like many of our players yesterday was a big disappointment.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 11:25 - Apr 7 with 671 viewsredrickstuhaart

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 11:22 - Apr 7 by Chrisd

Yes, there's a touch on his back, but enough for him to go down? Not for me. Hutchinson like many of our players yesterday was a big disappointment.

Its not a touch. Its a forearm with weight behind it.
Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 11:28 - Apr 7 with 664 viewsChrisd

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 11:25 - Apr 7 by redrickstuhaart

Its not a touch. Its a forearm with weight behind it.

It is was then he needs to be stronger using his body to shield the ball. It was soft.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 11:46 - Apr 7 with 620 viewsHerbivore

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 10:59 - Apr 7 by bournemouthblue

Any other part of the pitch it was a foul and given how petty the ref had been so far, particularly with Sargeant throwing himself to the floor at every opportunity, I'm not convinced the ref was consistent in that regard

The foul at the death on Al-Hamadi again was far clearer than a lot of the petty free kicks he did choose to give

I thought that strange phase of 10 minutes where they basically got free kick practice decided the game ultimately

At that point, I did feel they had given the wrong referee for this game, ai felt the one at Portman Road was far better

The ref was weird in that he gave a lot of soft freekicks, especially to them and some of which just weren't fouls (the Tuanzebe one was a joke), but he was reluctant to give yellow cards for blatant yellow card offences which meant the cynical fouls continued throughout the game. They could have had three or four yellows inside the first 20 minutes but to be fair after that we also benefited, it just made it a very disjointed game. For all that some people are keen to suggest Norwich outplayed us, it was a nothing game decided by a goalkeeping error, Norwich ended up with lower xG than us which hardly suggests they were as on top as some have suggested.

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 11:55 - Apr 7 with 598 viewsredrickstuhaart

Foul on Hutchinson in their box? on 11:28 - Apr 7 by Chrisd

It is was then he needs to be stronger using his body to shield the ball. It was soft.

Thats a bit like saying its not a foul because the player should have jumped the two footed tackle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024