Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? 09:25 - Apr 7 with 13500 viewsITFC_Blood

Seems to be a lot of annoyed fans who did the hard yards to get a ticket and couldn’t, as 400 were held back.

May not be within your remit I appreciate

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

What has Wardley done for the club? (n/t) on 13:18 - Apr 7 with 2059 viewsBig_Jase

What has Wardley done for the club? (n/t) on 13:15 - Apr 7 by Bloots

Walked around topless yesterday trying to goad Norwich fans into a fight whilst stood behind a Heras fence. What a legend!

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

They get paid a salary.... on 13:20 - Apr 7 with 2050 viewsReusersTown

They get paid a salary.... on 12:56 - Apr 7 by DublinBlue84

So you are going to go back to your boss on Monday morning and tell them to scrap all the benefits that you get with your salary, because you are paid for your job therefore you don't need or want any the perks or benefits you are getting in your contract?

No? Didn't think so.

You are coming across a right weirdo defending this, maybe even some bias there as your stance is madness.
His Mum probably cleans the bogs at the training ground. (n/t) on 13:21 - Apr 7 with 2028 viewsBloots

They get paid a salary.... on 13:20 - Apr 7 by ReusersTown

You are coming across a right weirdo defending this, maybe even some bias there as your stance is madness.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Free season tickets for life then. (n/t) on 13:24 - Apr 7 with 2016 viewsBloots

What has Wardley done for the club? (n/t) on 13:18 - Apr 7 by Big_Jase

Walked around topless yesterday trying to goad Norwich fans into a fight whilst stood behind a Heras fence. What a legend!

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

They get paid a salary.... on 13:53 - Apr 7 with 1924 viewstextbackup

So you are going to go back to your boss on Monday morning and tell them to scrap all the benefits that you get with your salary, because you are paid for your job therefore you don't need or want any the perks or benefits you are getting in your contract?

No? Didn't think so.

Are you thick, or just not seeing the point everyone is making for a laugh?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

They get paid a salary.... on 13:58 - Apr 7 with 1898 viewsbluesym

They get paid a salary.... on 13:53 - Apr 7 by textbackup

Are you thick, or just not seeing the point everyone is making for a laugh?!

I'm more inclined to think he is one of those ' you cannot criticise anything the club does,ever!' Kinda fans.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:00 - Apr 7 with 1891 viewsIllinoisblue

Important to note that Norfolk Police specifically mentioned 1600 Town fans in their pre-game press release so there’s no doubt that 400 of the 2002 allocation was held back. Absolutely baffling decision from the club. Ashton and co. have got so much right in their time here. This is a massive own goal.

https://www.norfolk.police.uk/news/norfolk/news/news/2024/march/police-plans-in-

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:05 - Apr 7 with 1860 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:00 - Apr 7 by Illinoisblue

Important to note that Norfolk Police specifically mentioned 1600 Town fans in their pre-game press release so there’s no doubt that 400 of the 2002 allocation was held back. Absolutely baffling decision from the club. Ashton and co. have got so much right in their time here. This is a massive own goal.

https://www.norfolk.police.uk/news/norfolk/news/news/2024/march/police-plans-in-

Indeed, and somewhat concerning re what other situations might arise where loyal fans are disregarded.
Login to get fewer ads

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:07 - Apr 7 with 1859 viewstextbackup

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:00 - Apr 7 by Illinoisblue

Want to know what’s even weirder, and puts another twist in this….

Direct from a ground team staff member ‘we (grounds team) were left with 10 tickets to share between us, we were the bottom of the pile’

So those that physically look after the grass we play on, got left to the end to battle over 10 tickets.

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:20 - Apr 7 with 1796 viewsNthQldITFC

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 11:03 - Apr 7 by Jrm_72

Lol, do you really think that's going to be asked if we had to pretend George Hirst was invisble last summer akin to there being 'no tanks in Baghdad', and had to pretend Brandon Williams was out for 4 months with a knock.

Ashton has the local press so far in his back pocket they are using his snotty hanky as a duvet.

This club is doing great, remarkable on and off pitch but are not infallible, they have made mistakes and have done very well to create an atmosphere of no accountability.

Id be very interested in difficult questions being asked about value for money of membership, about the norwich tickets, and also about the lack of player/fan interaction, but there is zero chance of that. Our players barely sign, barely do photos, and Ive been to many away grounds including premier league where players are all out there on arrival to the ground giving the fans their time. With Ipswich, as a premium experience, you can touch a limp hand of a footballer or coach looking straight ahead and dead eyed. Its not good enough.

I always think of you as Jacob Rees-Mogg, and read your posts to myself in his voice. Not sure that it helps, but that's what I do.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:21 - Apr 7 with 1791 viewsJakeITFC

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:07 - Apr 7 by textbackup

Direct from a ground team staff member ‘we (grounds team) were left with 10 tickets to share between us, we were the bottom of the pile’

So those that physically look after the grass we play on, got left to the end to battle over 10 tickets.

Obviously more to come out about this, but it doesn’t seem right that the club (be that Ashton or somebody else) feels that the tickets are theirs to distribute to anyone - they are tickets for the fans to watch their team, not some token of goodwill for staff.
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:24 - Apr 7 with 1777 viewsZx1988

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:21 - Apr 7 by JakeITFC

Obviously more to come out about this, but it doesn’t seem right that the club (be that Ashton or somebody else) feels that the tickets are theirs to distribute to anyone - they are tickets for the fans to watch their team, not some token of goodwill for staff.

Doubly so with the smoke-and-mirrors around it all; announcing that 2,000 tickets had been allocated, despite there being no intention to make all of them available.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:26 - Apr 7 with 1760 viewsIllinoisblue

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:07 - Apr 7 by textbackup

Makes a complete mockery of the points system. If the club (and let’s be honest, this is Ashton) want to reward staff for their hard work, give them a cash bonus or organize a club BBQ with all the players there. Can’t be giving away 20% of a small allocation for Norwich away. Madness.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:38 - Apr 7 with 1714 viewsbazza

That doesn’t really make sense? Surely that would mean that 2022 people were still attending? This is just a mistake by Norfolk police, as the 400 others won’t just appear in the seat? Got to travel still ? And the tickets wouldn’t have been held back by Norwich? So still The full allocation was taken. ??
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:45 - Apr 7 with 1694 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 10:44 - Apr 7 by Crawfordsboot

Where were they against Cardiff?

It was disappointing they didn't try to lift the team for all that time we were behind against them wasn't it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:46 - Apr 7 with 1682 viewstextbackup

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:26 - Apr 7 by Illinoisblue

Makes a complete mockery of the points system. If the club (and let’s be honest, this is Ashton) want to reward staff for their hard work, give them a cash bonus or organize a club BBQ with all the players there. Can’t be giving away 20% of a small allocation for Norwich away. Madness.

Yeah a massive gathering with plus fcking 4!!

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:50 - Apr 7 with 1649 viewsITFC_Blood

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:38 - Apr 7 by bazza

That doesn’t really make sense? Surely that would mean that 2022 people were still attending? This is just a mistake by Norfolk police, as the 400 others won’t just appear in the seat? Got to travel still ? And the tickets wouldn’t have been held back by Norwich? So still The full allocation was taken. ??

Believe it’s 1600 sold to the public

As in 422 not sold

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:52 - Apr 7 with 1641 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:26 - Apr 7 by Illinoisblue

Don't the club usually get a director's box allocation for those considered special guests of the club? Whilst it is this ownership that has got us to where we are and so they have a right to make the decisions, this seems to have been a poor one from them. One that hopefully they will learn from before we get a play off semi-final, a trip to Old Trafford, or some other fairly special occasion.

It was very notable how placid the away end was compared to normal. I initially put that down to a 12.30 start but this makes more sense as part of the reason, especially of all those complementary seats are mixed in with the regular fans so there isn't even a pocket to get singing going.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:56 - Apr 7 with 1602 viewsZx1988

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:52 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Don't the club usually get a director's box allocation for those considered special guests of the club? Whilst it is this ownership that has got us to where we are and so they have a right to make the decisions, this seems to have been a poor one from them. One that hopefully they will learn from before we get a play off semi-final, a trip to Old Trafford, or some other fairly special occasion.

It was very notable how placid the away end was compared to normal. I initially put that down to a 12.30 start but this makes more sense as part of the reason, especially of all those complementary seats are mixed in with the regular fans so there isn't even a pocket to get singing going.

That was my thinking regarding Director's Box seats as well. Isn't the PR box generally split down the middle for home and away?

If so, then an appalling attitude of 'we couldn't possibly give away any of our seats - make the hoi polloi give up some of theirs instead'.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 15:02 - Apr 7 with 1550 viewsbazza

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 14:50 - Apr 7 by ITFC_Blood

Believe it’s 1600 sold to the public

As in 422 not sold

But surely the tickets would still have been purchased by Ipswich from Norwich, who would then have given those figures to Norfolk constabulary? Something doesn’t add up. You can’t claim 400 unsold tickets because you’re giving them away? Someone still Paid Norwich? Or am I missing something?😂
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 15:06 - Apr 7 with 1518 viewsITFC_Blood

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 15:02 - Apr 7 by bazza

But surely the tickets would still have been purchased by Ipswich from Norwich, who would then have given those figures to Norfolk constabulary? Something doesn’t add up. You can’t claim 400 unsold tickets because you’re giving them away? Someone still Paid Norwich? Or am I missing something?😂

The club held back 422 tickets

Basically 1/5th for fans and a plus one

This needs a reply.

I think we call agree the staff ticket we could for go.

The plus one nah.

Side note on 15:12 - Apr 7 with 1465 viewsTresBonne

I have made this point on the forum before but to reiterate it:

Putting aside for the four hundred ticket thing for this point alone - It's still incredibly naughty of the club not to add on the points from last season for those who didn't have a gold card.

Last season in L1 I did 15 away games, without a gold card. I never, ever needed to get one such was there such a minimal lack of competition for tickets - including the seasons before last, there was never a need for me to purchase a £40 or whatever it was membership. Even for the dreaded Charlton away game where we drew 4-4, they sold out in 5 mins for ST holders but I was still able to get one easily enough.

This season I have made 16 away games, obvs having to purchase the £40 magic beans membership. That puts me on 21 points at this moment in time, nowhere near enough for the Norwich ticket.

Jarrs me off considering I should be on 36 points and be easily able to get a ticket for every game. Not trying to play the 'I'm such a superfan...', but I've been with this club thru absolute thick and thin, with a minimum of 12 away games in every season in the last decade, including all those like the Barrow 2-0, the Charlton 2-0, and the Champ relegation/dwindling season ones that have been erased from memory.

I have a spreadsheet of how much I spend on every awayday - from travel, ticket, beer, food etc and the figure is north of £5,000 in the last six seasons alone.

Yes, even if they didn't hold back those 400, I probably wouldn't have got one at 20+ points. But you can see what I'm on about - I should be on 36. A seperate debate from the 400
[Post edited 7 Apr 15:16]
They get paid a salary.... on 15:17 - Apr 7 with 1424 viewspennblue

No? Didn't think so.

I think you are missing the point.

Point 1: No-one has a problem with staff getting benefits and I would hope they do get perks. But Norwich away is not the place to offer them. The entire points allocation has been put in place to reward loyalty to fans who have travelled all over the country, week in, week out, spending their hard earned money. One of the supporters 'perks' in offering up this level of loyalty, is to be able to attend the Norwich away game.

Point 2 is that the team need their most vociferous support away to Norwich. It benefits the team, and we just lost 3 crucial points at an incredibly important stage of the season.

We are all angry, we just lost to Norwich and it was a fairly gutless performance lets be honest.

As Kieron said, lets hope there is a reaction on Wednesday.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 15:26 - Apr 7 with 1376 viewsMillsyVOR

Where’s Phil…
Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 15:29 - Apr 7 with 1335 viewsbazza

Phil can you ask the club to clarify this ticket situation? on 15:26 - Apr 7 by MillsyVOR

Where’s Phil…

Him and 399 others had an all expenses trip
Round Norwich cathedral today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024