Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently 06:56 - Apr 15 with 3862 viewsbluesym

Ipswich ready to push through £15m Man City star transfer after impressive stint with promotion rival https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/27312236/harwood-bellis-man-city-transfer-ipswich

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 07:07 - Apr 15 with 3248 viewsJimmy86

That came from the same Nixon who claimed we'd be in for Adam Armstrong for 8 million, if we gained promotion to the championship and that didn't happen..
Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:06 - Apr 15 with 2982 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 07:07 - Apr 15 by Jimmy86

That came from the same Nixon who claimed we'd be in for Adam Armstrong for 8 million, if we gained promotion to the championship and that didn't happen..

The Armstrong transfer didn’t happen but doesn’t mean to say he wasn’t on our list does it.
Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:12 - Apr 15 with 2918 viewsHerbivore

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:06 - Apr 15 by PrideOfTheEast

The Armstrong transfer didn’t happen but doesn’t mean to say he wasn’t on our list does it.

Given that he would have cost about double our entire transfer spend this season, it seems pretty unlikely he was ever a serious target.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:18 - Apr 15 with 2873 viewsGeoffSentence

I have no idea if Nixon has real information on transfers or not. One thing comes across by following him on twitter though, he seems like a bit of a cock.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:30 - Apr 15 with 2767 viewsJimmy86

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:06 - Apr 15 by PrideOfTheEast

I wonder whether Armstrong would be a target if we get promoted... Really like him, he's class
Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:32 - Apr 15 with 2740 viewsStokieBlue

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:30 - Apr 15 by Jimmy86

I wonder whether Armstrong would be a target if we get promoted... Really like him, he's class

Trouble is that he's only scored in the Champ and I am not sure where he would fit into our system.

Can't see it happening.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:32 - Apr 15 with 2739 viewstextbackup

I’d rather Sammy S from Blackburn

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:33 - Apr 15 with 2737 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Or it could've just meant Southampton didn't want to sell one of the best strikers at Championship level when they knew they were relegated.

I think the rumour originated before Southampton were relegated anyway. Had they stayed up, they probably would've sold Armstrong to a Champ side.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Login to get fewer ads

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:33 - Apr 15 with 2725 viewsyorkshireblue

Absolutely robbed that Georginio Rutter got in the TOTS ahead of him.
Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:37 - Apr 15 with 2696 viewsStokieBlue

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:32 - Apr 15 by textbackup

He's 28 and before this season his highest goal return at Championship level was 6 in a season.

Given his cost, age and previous returns I don't think he's anything like the type of player we would look at.

SB

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:48 - Apr 15 with 2599 viewsJimmy86

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:32 - Apr 15 by StokieBlue

Trouble is that he's only scored in the Champ and I am not sure where he would fit into our system.

Can't see it happening.

SB

He would play in either of the 3 behind the lone striker, he's an obvious upgrade on what we currently have.
Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:52 - Apr 15 with 2568 viewsStokieBlue

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:48 - Apr 15 by Jimmy86

He would play in either of the 3 behind the lone striker, he's an obvious upgrade on what we currently have.

He may well be an upgrade but he's also going to cost 15m and I don't think we would spend that on a 28 year old who has only really done it this season.

Context is important and historically his context is that he hasn't scored many at Championship level and has never played in the PL. Given the price he would command this is important.

SB

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:55 - Apr 15 with 2548 viewsZx1988

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:52 - Apr 15 by StokieBlue

He may well be an upgrade but he's also going to cost 15m and I don't think we would spend that on a 28 year old who has only really done it this season.

Context is important and historically his context is that he hasn't scored many at Championship level and has never played in the PL. Given the price he would command this is important.

SB

That's my concern entirely. This strikes me as a bit of a Daryl Murphy season for him in the context of his previous performance.

No indication that he will replicate this season at Championship level, and even less indication that he'll be a significant asset in a higher league.

That said, I appreciate that the Town setup looks at things very differently. If the club want him and were able to obtain him on reasonable terms, I'd certainly trust their judgement.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 09:09 - Apr 15 with 2434 viewsITFCBlues

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:52 - Apr 15 by StokieBlue

SB

He has played in the PL? Not done great, but he has played there and he's also scored goals for Blackburn at this level, hence his move to saints.

I can't see we'd spend 15m on his either way.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 09:13 - Apr 15 with 2388 viewsStokieBlue

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 09:09 - Apr 15 by ITFCBlues

He has played in the PL? Not done great, but he has played there and he's also scored goals for Blackburn at this level, hence his move to saints.

These specific posts are about Szmodics (not Armstrong) who has never played in the PL according to Wiki and hasn't scored goals at Champ level except for this season.

SB

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 09:13 - Apr 15 with 2384 viewsZx1988

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 09:09 - Apr 15 by ITFCBlues

I can't see that he has.

Highest level he's ever played has been in the Championship for Bristol City (3 appearances, no goals), Peterborough (36:6), and Blackburn (75:29).

Even in lower divisions he's never scored more than 15 in a season before.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 09:17 - Apr 15 with 2343 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:12 - Apr 15 by Herbivore

Given that he would have cost about double our entire transfer spend this season, it seems pretty unlikely he was ever a serious target.

Not if they'd stayed up, and it was a loan, or even if they needed to clear the decks on relegation and it was a loan.
Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 09:23 - Apr 15 with 2278 viewsHerbivore

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 09:17 - Apr 15 by PrideOfTheEast

Not if they'd stayed up, and it was a loan, or even if they needed to clear the decks on relegation and it was a loan.

I don't remember a loan move ever being what was mooted, it was always a transfer in the region of £8m. That looks a wildly inaccurate link given that we've only spent about £4m on fees all season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 10:36 - Apr 15 with 1926 viewsJimmy86

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 09:13 - Apr 15 by StokieBlue

These specific posts are about Szmodics (not Armstrong) who has never played in the PL according to Wiki and hasn't scored goals at Champ level except for this season.

SB

Someone else mentioned Szmodics, I was still talking about Adam Armstrong and he has played in the premier league and would be an upgrade on what we currently have.
Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 10:37 - Apr 15 with 1910 viewsStokieBlue

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 10:36 - Apr 15 by Jimmy86

Someone else mentioned Szmodics, I was still talking about Adam Armstrong and he has played in the premier league and would be an upgrade on what we currently have.

Fair enough but you replied to my post which was specifically about Szmodics hence the clarification.

SB

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 10:38 - Apr 15 with 1900 viewsWickets

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:32 - Apr 15 by textbackup

We all would but seems so so unlikely!
Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 10:44 - Apr 15 with 1857 viewsITFCBlues

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 10:37 - Apr 15 by StokieBlue

Fair enough but you replied to my post which was specifically about Szmodics hence the clarification.

SB

Szmodics wanted by some established Prem clubs anyway. Can't see we'd push the boat out for him.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 10:44 - Apr 15 with 1848 viewstextbackup

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 08:37 - Apr 15 by StokieBlue

He's 28 and before this season his highest goal return at Championship level was 6 in a season.

Given his cost, age and previous returns I don't think he's anything like the type of player we would look at.

SB

He’s a better player than AAH, so if SS was to come in and replace him I’d be cool with that. I’m sure KM could turn him into whatever he wanted

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 11:00 - Apr 15 with 1729 viewsStokieBlue

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 10:44 - Apr 15 by textbackup

He’s a better player than AAH, so if SS was to come in and replace him I’d be cool with that. I’m sure KM could turn him into whatever he wanted

They are totally different players though?

Also different ages and one costs 15x the price of the other. Also seems pretty early to be looking for replacements for AAH.

Perhaps your right and he will be a target, just can't see it myself.

SB

Harwood- Bellis is on the shopping list apparently on 11:00 - Apr 15 with 1732 viewsPhilTWTD

If he was a price of £8m would quickly have had him removed from it! Didn't get any encouraging noises on that one but obviously may be one they like.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024