Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... 11:12 - Apr 15 with 2824 viewsITFC_Forever

.... to the Saturday lunchtime from the Thursday evening I would suspect.

The provisional schdule released a couple of weeks ago was / is subject to change, and we know from 2015, the police can have an input into when the games will be played - it was because of police advise we played two Saturday lunchtime games then.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 11:23 - Apr 15 with 2735 viewsParisBlue

2x midday kick-offs in the play-offs

What could possibly go wrong...?

Let's just hope we avoid the play-offs altogether.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 11:48 - Apr 15 with 2626 viewsEuropablue

If we end up in the playoffs we could play West Brom if they finish 5th and we finish 4th or if they finish 6th, or we could play Norwich with the same outcomes. More likely, we will come second. I'm not going to worry about playing Norwich, but I do hate those 12:30 KOs.
If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 12:25 - Apr 15 with 2451 viewsJammyDodgerrr

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 11:48 - Apr 15 by Europablue

If we end up in the playoffs we could play West Brom if they finish 5th and we finish 4th or if they finish 6th, or we could play Norwich with the same outcomes. More likely, we will come second. I'm not going to worry about playing Norwich, but I do hate those 12:30 KOs.

I'd say it's looking pretty likely Norwich end up finishing 5th. West Brom not picking up many points at the moment.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 12:41 - Apr 15 with 2371 viewsBent_double

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 11:48 - Apr 15 by Europablue

Trouble is, the team seem to hate them too, as we don't win those games

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 21:33 - Apr 15 with 1926 viewsStewart27

Yeah the East Anglian derby couldn’t possibly be played in the afternoon let alone the evening like every other derby in the country.
If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 21:39 - Apr 15 with 1902 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 21:33 - Apr 15 by Stewart27

Yeah the East Anglian derby couldn’t possibly be played in the afternoon let alone the evening like every other derby in the country.

All that trouble where Delia nearly lost her life is testament to why it is far too dangerous.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 06:26 - Apr 16 with 1628 viewstextbackup

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 12:41 - Apr 15 by Bent_double

Trouble is, the team seem to hate them too, as we don't win those games

Without sounding harsh, if other clubs/teams can deal with them… why can’t we?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 07:05 - Apr 16 with 1580 viewsITFC_Forever

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 21:33 - Apr 15 by Stewart27

I know that and you know that.

But we aren’t the local police….

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 07:15 - Apr 16 with 1561 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Everyone knows that the Play-Offs aren't a fair means of deciding promotion, but at least there is a nod given to the advantage of finishing higher - which is that the higher placed team plays the second leg at home under the lights where the atmosphere is electric. Also the timing of the two pairs of semis, so that there is a similar recovery time prior to the final.

If plod intervenes and insists on a Saturday lunchtime ko, they are interfering with the very integrity of the competition. That advantage of finishing higher (by around 20 points) is gone.

Imagine if those puke-coloured six-fingered sister botherers were to progress at our expense on our patch, after we finished 20 points ahead. Whether it was a lunchtime or not, there would be loads of trouble. Plod's best bet, if it transpires that we are in the POs and get them, would be to let it go ahead as an evening game and hope that we win.

Poll: would you rather

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 07:33 - Apr 16 with 1522 viewsunbelievablue

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 07:15 - Apr 16 by LegendofthePhoenix

Everyone knows that the Play-Offs aren't a fair means of deciding promotion, but at least there is a nod given to the advantage of finishing higher - which is that the higher placed team plays the second leg at home under the lights where the atmosphere is electric. Also the timing of the two pairs of semis, so that there is a similar recovery time prior to the final.

If plod intervenes and insists on a Saturday lunchtime ko, they are interfering with the very integrity of the competition. That advantage of finishing higher (by around 20 points) is gone.

Imagine if those puke-coloured six-fingered sister botherers were to progress at our expense on our patch, after we finished 20 points ahead. Whether it was a lunchtime or not, there would be loads of trouble. Plod's best bet, if it transpires that we are in the POs and get them, would be to let it go ahead as an evening game and hope that we win.

The biggest advantage is retained: playing at home second.

It would be very annoying though.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 07:47 - Apr 16 with 1487 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 07:33 - Apr 16 by unbelievablue

The biggest advantage is retained: playing at home second.

It would be very annoying though.

Not if its a lunchtime ko. Playing first gives the lower placed team the best chance of getting a lead going into the second leg. A lunchtime ko, when it is much harder to generate atmosphere, against a team sitting on a lead and countering? No thanks.

Poll: would you rather

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 08:24 - Apr 16 with 1413 viewsStewart27

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 07:47 - Apr 16 by LegendofthePhoenix

Not if its a lunchtime ko. Playing first gives the lower placed team the best chance of getting a lead going into the second leg. A lunchtime ko, when it is much harder to generate atmosphere, against a team sitting on a lead and countering? No thanks.

This a million times over.

We will be absolutely robbed if it moves to a Saturday lunch time.

If that situation arises!
If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 08:45 - Apr 16 with 1364 viewsyorkshireblue

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 07:47 - Apr 16 by LegendofthePhoenix

It would be interesting if they tweaked the rules slightly and let the team that finished higher decide if they player at home or away first, in predetermined games slots.

First leg A played at X time/date
First leg B played at X time/date

Second Leg A played at X time/date
Second Leg B played at X time/date

Team who finished 3rd gets first dibs on the games, then the team that finishes 4th.

I wonder how many teams would keep it as is and play the second leg at home no matter what? Or would like you say, the times of the games come into thinking.
If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 09:02 - Apr 16 with 1282 viewsunbelievablue

Regardless of kick-off times, the team playing at home second has an advantage.
[Post edited 16 Apr 9:03]

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 09:20 - Apr 16 with 1217 viewsBent_double

Isn't it just that though - 'advice' - the police can't force the KO time to be changed, can they? I'm sure this has been debated before. Can the club just stick to their guns and say no, 3pm or 7.45pm KO?

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 09:42 - Apr 16 with 1156 viewsitfctilidie

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 09:20 - Apr 16 by Bent_double

Isn't it just that though - 'advice' - the police can't force the KO time to be changed, can they? I'm sure this has been debated before. Can the club just stick to their guns and say no, 3pm or 7.45pm KO?

For clarification - https://www.efl.com/governance/regulations/#heading-administration-and-arrangeme

Section 28 - Kick Off Times - The Home Club shall fix the time.

There is a guidance part which notes -
Should circumstances change which necessitate a request for a change of kick-off time (i.e. police intelligence) and it is not mutually agreed, The League will request and consider the views of both Clubs before determining whether to approve such request.

I had a brief look over it and can't see anywhere that police are able to decide anything regarding fixtures - also doesn't stipulate anything about policing at matches so could be within another document somewhere
If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 09:43 - Apr 16 with 1148 viewsunbelievablue

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 09:42 - Apr 16 by itfctilidie

For clarification - https://www.efl.com/governance/regulations/#heading-administration-and-arrangeme

Section 28 - Kick Off Times - The Home Club shall fix the time.

There is a guidance part which notes -
Should circumstances change which necessitate a request for a change of kick-off time (i.e. police intelligence) and it is not mutually agreed, The League will request and consider the views of both Clubs before determining whether to approve such request.

I had a brief look over it and can't see anywhere that police are able to decide anything regarding fixtures - also doesn't stipulate anything about policing at matches so could be within another document somewhere

From my understanding, clubs are liable for extra policing costs which is why they tend to acquiesce in these situations. Playoffs might change that, I suppose.

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 09:49 - Apr 16 with 1104 viewsZx1988

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 09:43 - Apr 16 by unbelievablue

From my understanding, clubs are liable for extra policing costs which is why they tend to acquiesce in these situations. Playoffs might change that, I suppose.

Do safety certificates not come into play as well?

With Suffolk Constabulary forming part of the Safety Advisory Group, could they potentially refuse to issue a safety certificate for the match if they feel that the club is not listening to their advice on safety matters?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 10:05 - Apr 16 with 1060 viewsLord_Lucan

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 09:43 - Apr 16 by unbelievablue

When we played them on a Thursday evening last time it was absolute carnage.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 10:06 - Apr 16 with 1054 viewsunbelievablue

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 10:05 - Apr 16 by Lord_Lucan

I enjoyed our pint in Old Orleans.

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 10:35 - Apr 16 with 1007 viewsBent_double

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 10:05 - Apr 16 by Lord_Lucan

More to do with the result than anything else though, surely?

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 10:50 - Apr 16 with 971 viewsunbelievablue

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 10:35 - Apr 16 by Bent_double

It was lively before.

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 11:02 - Apr 16 with 926 viewsBent_double

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 10:50 - Apr 16 by unbelievablue

It was lively before.

Was it? Ok, I wasn't there, just suffered from afar. I suppose the fact it was the start of a 4 day BH weekend added fuel to the fire too.

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 11:19 - Apr 16 with 887 viewsLord_Lucan

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 10:35 - Apr 16 by Bent_double

It was chaos all day.

The few Norwich that turned up hid in Frankie and Bennys.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 11:21 - Apr 16 with 881 viewstextbackup

If we end up in the POs v Norwich - home game likely to be moved... on 11:19 - Apr 16 by Lord_Lucan

It was chaos all day.

The few Norwich that turned up hid in Frankie and Bennys.

But soon had to run out the front door after some Town went in the back door!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024