Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood and Oldham 04:25 - Apr 19 with 2685 viewskiwiblue

Seems like the move has not worked for him.
Norwood and Oldham on 06:55 - Apr 19 with 2474 viewstextbackup

Oh dear…. Anyway

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Norwood and Oldham on 07:31 - Apr 19 with 2390 viewsSitfcB

And?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Norwood and Oldham on 07:31 - Apr 19 with 2374 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If ever a name summed up that where we are now is like night and day. I mean he could do a job but.....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Norwood and Oldham on 08:32 - Apr 19 with 2176 viewsStewart27

Not really surprised.

What did he get for us in league one? 20 goals in 3 seasons?
Norwood and Oldham on 09:12 - Apr 19 with 2017 viewsSteve_M

Norwood and Oldham on 08:32 - Apr 19 by Stewart27

Not really surprised.

Decent League 1 striker, when Lambert played him up front with Jackson they looked a threat to every team - then he changed it.

Utterly pisspoor individual unfortunately.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Norwood and Oldham on 09:37 - Apr 19 with 1916 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Norwood and Oldham on 08:32 - Apr 19 by Stewart27

Not really surprised.

Was a good rate in terms of minutes played.
Norwood and Oldham on 09:43 - Apr 19 with 1896 viewsGarv

Norwood and Oldham on 09:12 - Apr 19 by Steve_M

Decent League 1 striker, when Lambert played him up front with Jackson they looked a threat to every team - then he changed it.

People don't want to hear that because they didn't like him (understandably).

It makes me me laugh that they pretend he wasn't the best player we had until the takeover happened, bar Downes probably. We only ever looked competent when he was in the team. And ironically he made a big impact when he came back in when Cook left too.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood and Oldham on 09:43 - Apr 19 with 1890 views_clive_baker_

He was a handful on the rare occasions he was fit. I don't think he was ever the best footballer in the world but what I'll always give him credit for is at least he tried to make things happen, he wasn't passive. The biggest issue we had was Evans' corner cutting and underinvestment in the support team to give our players the opportunity to be the best versions of themselves, including managerial appointments.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwood and Oldham on 10:10 - Apr 19 with 1804 viewsjayessess

Norwood and Oldham on 09:43 - Apr 19 by Garv

It makes me me laugh that they pretend he wasn't the best player we had until the takeover happened, bar Downes probably. We only ever looked competent when he was in the team. And ironically he made a big impact when he came back in when Cook left too.

Hard to tell who our best players were in those teams, given how dysfunctional it was. The pre-takeover team had seven players in it who are now playing fairly regular football at Championship or above, which Norwood never got close to.

Norwood might have had a shout for best player in that team if he'd been fit to appear in more than 40-50% of minutes, but he wasn't. That Summer 2019 was really a testament to our inability to use (our relatively meagre) resources or plan our squad well. We got a £500k offer for Alan Judge which we were crackers to turn down, then spent basically every remaining spare penny left on our wage bill on a star striker who had reached his late twenties without ever playing at the level before, then repeatedly aggravated his injuries by playing him when semi-fit. Result being that Norwood made an OK contribution without ever being what we needed him to be.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Norwood and Oldham on 10:54 - Apr 19 with 1666 viewsMach_foreignBlue

That team was full of utterly pisspoor individuals. Not playing for the shirt just collecting their wages in a nice, easy Marcus Evans world.

There was no real effort to get us out League One. Their attitude: if we win games it is fine, if we lose then cares? Nice and easy payday, eh?'
Norwood and Oldham on 11:21 - Apr 19 with 1573 viewsStokieBlue

Norwood and Oldham on 10:54 - Apr 19 by Mach_foreignBlue

That team was full of utterly pisspoor individuals. Not playing for the shirt just collecting their wages in a nice, easy Marcus Evans world.

There was no real effort to get us out League One. Their attitude: if we win games it is fine, if we lose then cares? Nice and easy payday, eh?'

Wasn't it great that at the EFL awards Chambers got an award which is given out for "outstanding contribution to football and the league"?

Fully deserved.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Norwood and Oldham on 11:48 - Apr 19 with 1447 viewsSE1blue

James Norwood is what you’d get if you ordered Wayne Rooney on Wish.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Norwood and Oldham on 11:50 - Apr 19 with 1444 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

For what it sounded like at the time of his departure, it appeared McKenna did like him in the end but didn't play him enough down the middle to offer him a new deal.

He did well at Barnsley, but the move to Oldham was a strange one at the time. I presume it was down to the money offered and he got a decent length on the contract for his age - 3 year deal maybe?

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Norwood and Oldham on 11:51 - Apr 19 with 1430 viewsWeirdFishes

From what I’ve heard the move has certainly worked out for his bank balance.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Norwood and Oldham on 12:04 - Apr 19 with 1361 views_clive_baker_

Norwood and Oldham on 11:50 - Apr 19 by IPSWICHFANITFC

For what it sounded like at the time of his departure, it appeared McKenna did like him in the end but didn't play him enough down the middle to offer him a new deal.

He did well at Barnsley, but the move to Oldham was a strange one at the time. I presume it was down to the money offered and he got a decent length on the contract for his age - 3 year deal maybe?

It must've been. To go from playing regularly for a team pushing for promotion from L1, to dropping down to the national league was odd, certainly had to have been a deal that paid favourably.
[Post edited 19 Apr 14:38]
Norwood and Oldham on 12:22 - Apr 19 with 1290 viewsStewart27

Norwood and Oldham on 09:43 - Apr 19 by Garv

I just think it was a really dark time and players like Norwood summed up that period.
Norwood and Oldham on 14:36 - Apr 19 with 907 viewsNutkins_Return

Have I missed something? What's happened? Thought he'd had an alright season. Scored 17 league goals. He's getting paid well.

Should still be playing a higher level but not for much longer. Something happened?
Norwood and Oldham on 17:10 - Apr 19 with 662 viewsNutkins_Return

Have I missed something? What's happened? Thought he'd had an alright season. Scored 17 league goals. He's getting paid well.

Should still be playing a higher level but not for much longer. Something happened?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024