Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? 22:07 - Apr 22 with 3532 viewsSitfcB

Keep it two places up for grabs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 12:54 - Apr 23 with 695 viewsbackwaywhen

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 22:09 - Apr 22 by Dubtractor

Definitely.

If Leicester win then they are more or less over the line - need to keep them in the mix and see what nerves do to them in the last games, albeit I struggle to see them not beating Preston and Blackburn.

Leeds said that about Preston and Blackburn ?
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 12:55 - Apr 23 with 690 viewsjayessess

Can't really see any significant downside to Southampton winning, really.

As it stands, we need 4 points to guarantee finishing ahead of them, even if they take max points, less than that surely wouldn't be enough anyway?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 13:06 - Apr 23 with 656 views_clive_baker_

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 12:55 - Apr 23 by jayessess

Can't really see any significant downside to Southampton winning, really.

As it stands, we need 4 points to guarantee finishing ahead of them, even if they take max points, less than that surely wouldn't be enough anyway?

Probably 5 points to be fair, as in winning all 3 their GD would have to improve by at least 3. With Stoke at home likely even higher than 3. If we get 4 points our GD is probably then worse than theirs.

Either way I doubt we'll go up with less points that that, so Saints aren't a worry since they lost to Cardiff. They very much would've been had they won that though.
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 13:28 - Apr 23 with 611 viewsitfcjoe

As per Chris Rand via SportsClubStats

Rest of season simulations: 753.6 million

Simulations in which clubs reach the top two:
• Leicester: 92%
• Leeds: 62%
• Ipswich: 44%
• Southampton: 1%

If Leicester beat Southampton tonight:
• Leicester: 99%
• Leeds: 60%
• Ipswich: 42%
• Southampton: 0%

If Leicester draw with Southampton tonight:
• Leicester: 90%
• Leeds: 64%
• Ipswich: 46%
• Southampton: 0.4%

If Leicester lose to Southampton tonight:
• Leicester: 80%
• Leeds: 66%
• Ipswich: 49%
• Southampton: 4%

In other words, our chances of going up increase if Southampton win tonight, because it brings into play more scenarios where it's Leeds and ourselves who get promoted. This easily outweighs the number of scenarios where a Southampton win tonight puts them in the top two instead of us. And of course, something not taken into account is that the Southampton win tonight could also mean they have something to play for against Leeds, which might help us

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 13:31 - Apr 23 with 575 viewsjayessess

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 13:06 - Apr 23 by _clive_baker_

Probably 5 points to be fair, as in winning all 3 their GD would have to improve by at least 3. With Stoke at home likely even higher than 3. If we get 4 points our GD is probably then worse than theirs.

Either way I doubt we'll go up with less points that that, so Saints aren't a worry since they lost to Cardiff. They very much would've been had they won that though.

I would probably fancy us to smash a bunch of goals past already relegated Huddersfield if promotion depended on it mind!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 13:38 - Apr 23 with 535 views_clive_baker_

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 13:28 - Apr 23 by itfcjoe

In other words, our chances of going up increase if Southampton win tonight, because it brings into play more scenarios where it's Leeds and ourselves who get promoted. This easily outweighs the number of scenarios where a Southampton win tonight puts them in the top two instead of us. And of course, something not taken into account is that the Southampton win tonight could also mean they have something to play for against Leeds, which might help us

We ain't going up with <5 points, so Southampton are now irrelevant in terms of competition to us I would say. Very keen for them to take points off Leicester and Leeds. Ideal scenario prior to Saturday has to be:

Tonight: Saints W
Friday: QPR W (or even a draw)

Would mean 2 wins guarantees us top 2 regardless of what happens elsewhere. 3 guarantees top 1.
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 13:39 - Apr 23 with 526 viewsPhilTWTD

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 13:28 - Apr 23 by itfcjoe

That's a lot of simulations, no wonder some of the sides above us have won so many penalties.
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 14:41 - Apr 23 with 407 viewsFrimleyBlue

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 13:39 - Apr 23 by PhilTWTD

That's a lot of simulations, no wonder some of the sides above us have won so many penalties.

Keno would be proud of that one.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 14:45 - Apr 23 with 395 viewsbazza

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 12:27 - Apr 23 by textbackup

Yeah fck it.

I’d say do all we can to avoid scum in playoffs, but them and wba are neck and neck, so it doesn’t really matter anymore.

That said, as pathetic as we were vs them, we won’t do that again, so I’m confident we’d do them over 2 legs, or the final

100%!I also believe we could beat them , first leg away at their ground, so we get the advantage this time, and the team has played in two big derby games now, so they know what to expect.. I hope we get autos still though!! 😅
Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 15:34 - Apr 23 with 330 viewsPhilTWTD

Do we want a Southampton win tomorrow now then? on 14:41 - Apr 23 by FrimleyBlue

Keno would be proud of that one.

I was channelling Keno when I posted it. I thought the same, to be honest!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024