Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. 21:54 - Apr 27 with 5253 viewsNutkins_Return

So frustrating. All the hard work. Everything that has come his way has been flapped to their player. Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. I feared he could cost us if we go to playoffs but that is sickening to watch. Come on boys.
[Post edited 27 Apr 22:10]
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:19 - Apr 27 with 764 viewsVegtablue

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:17 - Apr 27 by Nutkins_Return

Watch both again. I agree Morsy could clear it but his only option was back to Hladky pressurized or a blind sweep. Both worse options than Hladky had so it s a very poor position to put Morsy in 2nd mistake is dreadful unfortunately. McKenna reaction says it all. And he had already given Tofun one.

I've given Hladky credit many times and yes I've voiced concerns and criticisms as well. Good with the ball. But he makes some really bad errors. A shame.

I saw it several times again during the HT analysis, in which it was agreed that Morsy makes the error. We could debate McKenna's tactics in encouraging the short pass into the centre but it's the way we play.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:21 - Apr 27 with 742 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:13 - Apr 27 by NthQldITFC

It's a mixed bag isn't it. Hard to know where the right balance is in terms of the generally excellent work with both feet and the slightly too frequent bad choices with the hands. You don't change it now, but needs development or change over the summer. Good lad though, and has done some wonderful work for us.

I don't disagree and have said the same this season. I still wouldn't drop him. Players and club get around him now. But he has to learn and do much much better.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:21 - Apr 27 with 736 viewsLankHenners

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:17 - Apr 27 by TractorWood

It's a hospital ball 1-0 away from home. 10 mins to half time.

He passed it to his weak foot as well. Morsy should definitely shift it quicker but as you say needlessly risky ball out when we just needed to see it out until HT. Thankfully Omari saved us at that point.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:22 - Apr 27 with 731 viewsWhos_blue

The worst goalkeeping display you can remember?

Deary me.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:23 - Apr 27 with 709 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:15 - Apr 27 by ibbleobble

WTF? Talk about an over exaggerated, ridiculous statement. Will Norris, Andy Marshall, Stephen Bywater, there’s been quite a few worse by some distance.

Probably fair but they were a long time back and I'm not sure I remember as many gaffs in match. Obviously heat of the moment. By tomorrow I'll downgrade to a very poor performance by gk. Proud of the team tonight overall. Just gutted to lose the two points for them.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:23 - Apr 27 with 695 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:19 - Apr 27 by NeedhamChris

It's only deemed a hospital ball because Morsy took a couple of extra touches and wasn't aware enough.

Just not true. There wasn't an out for Morsy. He is at fault for not doing the safe thing but that would have been a blind clearance.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:24 - Apr 27 with 687 viewsNeedhamChris

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:19 - Apr 27 by Nutkins_Return

I've said Morsy is culpable for the first as well. Not laid it all on Hladky. But it was an error. Morsy didn't have a ball on so best case was a blind sweep.

We literally do that same move multiple times a match. Morsy asks for it, gets it, and messes it up.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:25 - Apr 27 with 674 viewsbaxterbasics

First one was on Morsy though. Lost it far too easily. That pass has been played countless times before.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Login to get fewer ads

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:25 - Apr 27 with 656 viewspointofblue

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:23 - Apr 27 by Nutkins_Return

Just not true. There wasn't an out for Morsy. He is at fault for not doing the safe thing but that would have been a blind clearance.

There was an out - to Burgess. But Hladky should have passed it to Woolfenden in the first place.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:26 - Apr 27 with 647 viewsbazza

He’s probably cost us 2 points tonight, and saved us 20 over the season.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:26 - Apr 27 with 643 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:22 - Apr 27 by Whos_blue

The worst goalkeeping display you can remember?

Deary me.

That I remember yes. I can't name you a more frustrating one. The pass out. The flap to tofun and and then that last one.

No doubt been worse over the decades. No dount. But game of this magnitude and those errors. Before their first he had been excellent. Shame.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:26 - Apr 27 with 637 viewsLankHenners

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:24 - Apr 27 by NeedhamChris

We literally do that same move multiple times a match. Morsy asks for it, gets it, and messes it up.

A above, he gets it on the wrong foot and has to sort his feet out to get it away again. Yes he takes too long but to absolve Hladky of any blame is ridiculous.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:27 - Apr 27 with 618 viewsVaughan8

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:24 - Apr 27 by NeedhamChris

I find it really odd people still don't realise how we play. That pass is played EVERY game, MULTIPLE times.

I'm sorry but Morsy can see he's there. Takes too many touches, turns the wrong/other way and loses it.

At best he's trying to be clever.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:27 - Apr 27 with 618 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:26 - Apr 27 by bazza

He’s probably cost us 2 points tonight, and saved us 20 over the season.

Definitely not 'saved' 20 points. He's had a good season and he's been really important in some of our build up play. Cost a few and made a few. Still in some credit I would say.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:27 - Apr 27 with 613 viewsNeedhamChris

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:25 - Apr 27 by baxterbasics

First one was on Morsy though. Lost it far too easily. That pass has been played countless times before.

Shhh, how we play is clearly such a secret some of our fans don't even know.

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:28 - Apr 27 with 590 viewsNeedhamChris

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:26 - Apr 27 by Nutkins_Return

That I remember yes. I can't name you a more frustrating one. The pass out. The flap to tofun and and then that last one.

No doubt been worse over the decades. No dount. But game of this magnitude and those errors. Before their first he had been excellent. Shame.

He was no Lenny Pidgley

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:29 - Apr 27 with 568 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:17 - Apr 27 by Nutkins_Return

Watch both again. I agree Morsy could clear it but his only option was back to Hladky pressurized or a blind sweep. Both worse options than Hladky had so it s a very poor position to put Morsy in 2nd mistake is dreadful unfortunately. McKenna reaction says it all. And he had already given Tofun one.

I've given Hladky credit many times and yes I've voiced concerns and criticisms as well. Good with the ball. But he makes some really bad errors. A shame.

That seems a reasonable summary of that one.

I am sure we can do better for goalkeeper but I also expected Walton to be ahead of Hladky and he hasn't been. Much as Hladky didn't have a great game today but he has had a good season with the way we play.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:29 - Apr 27 with 568 viewsEuropablue

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:11 - Apr 27 by Churchman

The first goal was totally down to the keeper. He had all the players in front of him and left Morsy with nowhere to go. Put the ball anywhere but to a player with an opponent on top of him.

We've made that same error multiple times before, so clearly the message is the risk is worth it. Usually it's ok, because Morsy passes it first time, but for some reason he decided to take a touch.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:30 - Apr 27 with 539 viewsNeedhamChris

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:27 - Apr 27 by Vaughan8

I find it really odd people still don't realise how we play. That pass is played EVERY game, MULTIPLE times.

I'm sorry but Morsy can see he's there. Takes too many touches, turns the wrong/other way and loses it.

Exactly that, it's just revisionist nonsense because on this one occasion it didn't come off.

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:31 - Apr 27 with 522 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:27 - Apr 27 by Vaughan8

Like it or not I have a very good understanding of coaching and our game and style and risk reward.

There is also a balance and level of spacial awareness and thinking that has to be applied. He doesn't have ages to analyze everything and make decisions. That was a poor one based on where the opposition press is at that point as they have player behind and ahead of Morsy.

It's a misunderstanding of the situation not the way we play. Hladky is excellent with the ball by and large. But the thinking sometimes causes the issue.

Forgivable for sure and Morsy could have resolved it and made it worse. The two awful flaps second half were really frustrating.
[Post edited 27 Apr 22:34]
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:33 - Apr 27 with 475 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:29 - Apr 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

That seems a reasonable summary of that one.

I am sure we can do better for goalkeeper but I also expected Walton to be ahead of Hladky and he hasn't been. Much as Hladky didn't have a great game today but he has had a good season with the way we play.

I agree. His overall season has been good and still in credit. A bad day at the office.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:35 - Apr 27 with 458 viewsEuropablue

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:12 - Apr 27 by Nutkins_Return

It was woeful. I don't have a need to blame someone. It was woeful. The lads had worked so so hard in that game and for him to do that flap twice in the game (got away with first one). It's just not good enough.

Have to forget it an move on but I'm sorry we have standards now and that wasn't good enough. Players and club get around him and rightly so to support and build confidence. As a fan that is frustrating. I'll calm down. Gutted for the team. Still in a great position. I'll be at Cov and we go again.

It's funny how the keeper will get stick for goals he let's in, but two amazing goal-saving stops have been ignored by many.
The first one that Morsy messes up is a direct result of the way KM is asking them to play. I personally don't like those balls because they seem so risky, but the way we have been playing has been working.
The third equalizer was a significant goal for us to concede. At first glance I thought that Hladky should have pushed it to the side much better, but from the replay it looked like the ball clipped off of Wolfenden just before it got to Hladky, so I think it made enough of a difference to force the error.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:37 - Apr 27 with 431 viewsNeedhamChris

Couple of weeks ago...

After an incredible never say die season and we lose and I'm seeing things like 'disgraceful', 'terrible' and 'inexcusable' etc.

Today - you're frustrated, worst goalkeeping performance, ridiculous, utterly ridiculous, sickening.

You've turned into what you were complaining about.

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:38 - Apr 27 with 417 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:35 - Apr 27 by Europablue

It's funny how the keeper will get stick for goals he let's in, but two amazing goal-saving stops have been ignored by many.
The first one that Morsy messes up is a direct result of the way KM is asking them to play. I personally don't like those balls because they seem so risky, but the way we have been playing has been working.
The third equalizer was a significant goal for us to concede. At first glance I thought that Hladky should have pushed it to the side much better, but from the replay it looked like the ball clipped off of Wolfenden just before it got to Hladky, so I think it made enough of a difference to force the error.

First is a small error and forgivable. Second half ones really poor. However my title to this thread is over the top and on absolute frustration. Mainly over the top as we have to stay positive and focus energy on pushing team forward. My view on the goals/errors I think is fair. Downvotes for the opening post probably also fair in terms of it being overly negative. Performance was really good again.
I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:39 - Apr 27 with 400 viewsNutkins_Return

I can't remember a worse goalkeeping display. on 22:37 - Apr 27 by NeedhamChris

Couple of weeks ago...

After an incredible never say die season and we lose and I'm seeing things like 'disgraceful', 'terrible' and 'inexcusable' etc.

Today - you're frustrated, worst goalkeeping performance, ridiculous, utterly ridiculous, sickening.

You've turned into what you were complaining about.

Slightly different as this was about some individual errors. But it was over the top and emotionally driven title.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024