Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine how the players are feeling today! 11:47 - Apr 30 with 939 viewsCrawfordsboot

Are they:

1 Excited at the prospect of the next two matches?

2 Confident?

3 Nervous?

4 Worried at the prospect of promotion to the premier and being listed as not up to it?

Imagine how the players are feeling today! on 11:53 - Apr 30 with 874 viewsMookamoo

They'll be immersing themselves in the processes.

We are very lucky to have McKenna and Morsy to keep a lid on things
Imagine how the players are feeling today! on 11:56 - Apr 30 with 841 viewsbaxterbasics

Maybe it's just another day at the office for them?

*jokes

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Imagine how the players are feeling today! on 11:56 - Apr 30 with 842 viewspeterleeblue

Ref point 4 I have often thought about that.

I guess Football Industry is very fluid and having a key part in a promotion campaign cant do you any harm in terms of future prospects.

This current Ipswich team is all about camaraderie more than pure ability. I am not sure that is replicated at every club.
Imagine how the players are feeling today! on 11:59 - Apr 30 with 812 viewsbaxterbasics

Imagine how the players are feeling today! on 11:56 - Apr 30 by peterleeblue

I guess Football Industry is very fluid and having a key part in a promotion campaign cant do you any harm in terms of future prospects.

This current Ipswich team is all about camaraderie more than pure ability. I am not sure that is replicated at every club.

Yes you would think, even if certain players wouldn't expect to be involved up there next season, this years performances would at least open a few doors for them.

Then again, if there really is something special going on with this squad, the unity and comradery, maybe they don't want to lose that?

If all else fails, there might be some hefty bonuses in their contracts due in the event of promotion, which might be sufficient motivation.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Imagine how the players are feeling today! on 12:01 - Apr 30 with 795 viewsyorkshireblue

Last season will stand them in very good stead.

I think only AAH, Omari and Sarmiento are the only players in the squad without a promotion to their name? And they have all played international football.

Obviously the prize is bigger for most of them compared to last season, but the process and feelings will be simialr I imagine.
Imagine how the players are feeling today! on 12:04 - Apr 30 with 774 viewsReus30

Proud and excited I reckon.

Also probably dribbling at the fact that most of this squad haven't played in the Prem. Burns, Morsy, Burgess, Vaz and Chappers (along with others but they will be younger) will be playing in the top league for the first time. Mass will be back in that league for the first time in a very long time!

Untold riches, international call ups, having talents broadcasted on MOTD every week. What dreams are made of.
Imagine how the players are feeling today! on 12:32 - Apr 30 with 639 viewsVaughan8

Imagine how the players are feeling today! on 11:56 - Apr 30 by peterleeblue

I can't remember who or even what team (might have been on of our ex-players) but I'm sure there was a time where some players didn't want to go up as they knew they'd be surplus to requirements (probably if their contracts were running out etc).

I remember Sam Allardyce ( i think) said once that the Bolton hierarchy didn't want them getting into Europe (or champions league) when they threatened it one season.

I should imagine this isn't the case at Ipswich today and surely they must be all on some sort of bonus/wage increase.
Imagine how the players are feeling today! on 12:33 - Apr 30 with 635 viewsGuthrum

Determined, focussed, rehearsing routines in their minds, concentrating on rest, routine and preparation. Not thinking about Saturday yet.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Imagine how the players are feeling today! on 12:38 - Apr 30 with 588 viewsKropotkin123

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes. There will be nerves, but I think they'll be a lot calmer than us as they know they can really influence things.
4. No. Though I do think it is a problem that some clubs face at times. I think that the bulk of the players starting are players that won us promotion will mean that they should be confident they will have the opportunity. And any new player will have to earn their start, as Taylor has found out.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Imagine how the players are feeling today! on 12:58 - Apr 30 with 469 viewshomer_123

Imagine how the players are feeling today! on 12:33 - Apr 30 by Guthrum

Determined, focussed, rehearsing routines in their minds, concentrating on rest, routine and preparation. Not thinking about Saturday yet.

That's a cracking approach Guthers, hope it's working for you!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Imagine how the players are feeling today! on 13:01 - Apr 30 with 452 views_clive_baker_

1, 2 and 3 I would imagine, irrespective of what they might say publicly.

Point 4 I doubt it. A lot of our squad are experienced professionals in the top 2 or 3 tiers of English football and I dare say they’re desperate for a chance to compete among the best. Regardless of what happens if we get there, they’re the games they’ll look back on at the end of their careers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024