Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out 20:37 - Apr 30 with 1254 viewsChrisd

Why do we invite the pressure? Since our goal we’ve stopped doing what we were and inviting Coventry on to us. Can’t see us keeping them out if we keep playing like this.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:38 - Apr 30 with 1142 viewsDublinBlue84

Agree, t's madness if we're going for that on purpose rather than just nerves.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:39 - Apr 30 with 1100 viewsIllinoisblue

Broady anonymous. Need to see this out to half time and regroup

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:43 - Apr 30 with 1064 viewsHerbivore

There's two teams playing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:44 - Apr 30 with 1050 viewsGeoffSentence

Although we do haave the fifth highest number of clean sheets in the championship, so we cant be that bad defensively.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:46 - Apr 30 with 1016 viewsGlory_Hunter

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:43 - Apr 30 by Herbivore

Well there shouldn't be!

Coventry need to understand this is bloody important and pack it in.
We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:48 - Apr 30 with 996 viewsKropotkin123

We've kept 9 clean sheets away from home and only conceded 24 goals (second best, 1 behind Leicerster).

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:52 - Apr 30 with 842 viewsFrimleyBlue

Think it's planned tbh.

They sit back they won't get tired.

Allow them forwards they've got to keep moving to try and break us down.

Think this is a finisher game tonight.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:53 - Apr 30 with 790 viewsnrb1985

Just feels like today it’s all too easy to them to play through our press and when they get the ball wide there’s no pressure on the crosser. Leif doing well with sod all help from Broadhead.
Login to get fewer ads

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:55 - Apr 30 with 734 viewsDyland

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:43 - Apr 30 by Herbivore

There are, not there is.

But yes.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:56 - Apr 30 with 690 viewsthe_toff

We’re away to a top 10 team. When did this level of delusion creep in that we have a right to dominate them for a whole game?
We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:57 - Apr 30 with 669 viewsJuggsy

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:53 - Apr 30 by nrb1985

Just feels like today it’s all too easy to them to play through our press and when they get the ball wide there’s no pressure on the crosser. Leif doing well with sod all help from Broadhead.

Agree with this. Broadhead is such a frustrating player at times as he is sublime when he’s on it but anonymous when not.
We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:59 - Apr 30 with 603 viewsFrimleyBlue

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:57 - Apr 30 by Juggsy

Agree with this. Broadhead is such a frustrating player at times as he is sublime when he’s on it but anonymous when not.

It's slightly frustrating as we've benched one 10 who's nit been on it and brought in one who's not at it.

Waka waka eh eh

McKenna, in here on 20:59 - Apr 30 with 601 viewsDyland

Plenty of invaluable advice for you.

Isn't there a chat room for in-game numpts :)

COYFB

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 21:00 - Apr 30 with 571 viewsstrikalite

We maybe allowing them to have it because we've backed off, feels like Cardiff late on though
If he was always on his top game he'd never have played in L1 (n/t) on 21:00 - Apr 30 with 568 viewsDyland

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:57 - Apr 30 by Juggsy

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 21:00 - Apr 30 with 546 viewsthe_toff

Very quiet today. I can’t put my finger on it but I do trust him. Not really sure what I mean by that but even when he’s not quite performing he’s still trustworthy. I worry a bit when I see Sarmiento as he goes from the sublime to the ridiculous. Broadhead is more consistent.
We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 21:01 - Apr 30 with 490 viewsChrisd

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:56 - Apr 30 by the_toff

We’re away to a top 10 team. When did this level of delusion creep in that we have a right to dominate them for a whole game?

It’s not delusion, it’s an observation. We started the game on the front foot, got the goal and sat back. Play to our strengths, defending isn’t one of them if you weren’t sure.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 21:02 - Apr 30 with 474 viewsVaughan8

Yes I can't take another half like the last 30 mons of that.

I'd love a few early.goals second half so.we can relax a bit, the fans not the players.
We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 21:02 - Apr 30 with 473 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

We’ve defended reasonably well so far, but a couple of instances of ping-pong in our area which could have gone anywhere. Need to keep the ball up the other end more often.
Said it before on 21:02 - Apr 30 with 470 viewsDyland

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 21:00 - Apr 30 by the_toff

Very quiet today. I can’t put my finger on it but I do trust him. Not really sure what I mean by that but even when he’s not quite performing he’s still trustworthy. I worry a bit when I see Sarmiento as he goes from the sublime to the ridiculous. Broadhead is more consistent.

Big fan of Nathan. This season he's been better when coming on at 60/65 than starting. Others have told me I'm wrong, and I probably am.

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 21:02 - Apr 30 with 468 viewsNthQldITFC

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:52 - Apr 30 by FrimleyBlue

Think it's planned tbh.

They sit back they won't get tired.

Allow them forwards they've got to keep moving to try and break us down.

Think this is a finisher game tonight.

Looks like that to me too - organised and conservative. We'll overpower them last 30.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 21:02 - Apr 30 with 464 viewsKropotkin123

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 21:01 - Apr 30 by Chrisd

It’s not delusion, it’s an observation. We started the game on the front foot, got the goal and sat back. Play to our strengths, defending isn’t one of them if you weren’t sure.

Away from home it is, as the stats I gave above deomnstrate.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 21:03 - Apr 30 with 456 viewstextbackup

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 20:39 - Apr 30 by Illinoisblue

Broady anonymous. Need to see this out to half time and regroup

He’s doing what he does, picks it up, nearly gets tackled, then a pass to keep possession. Doesn’t seem to do/have that edge or bit of magic anymore. Remember some of those balls he played last season, like nothing I’ve ever seen.

Cov have had too much of the ball for my liking, we need to dig in deep here. Make the most of this amazing opportunity we are in right now

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 21:03 - Apr 30 with 453 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's a fair point though. We are where we are because of our strength in attack. The last two games we have sat back and tried to defend a one goal lead.

When we have conceded we have gone back to our natural game and attacked again. It probably nerves as the prize is so great.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 21:04 - Apr 30 with 426 viewsFrimleyBlue

We just aren’t good enough defensively to keep teams out on 21:02 - Apr 30 by NthQldITFC

Looks like that to me too - organised and conservative. We'll overpower them last 30.

I may be wrong but I swear at times we've had a flat back 5.. that's planned for me it doesn't just happen.

Sheath is it? Clocked him a few times getting forwards then limping slowly back. That can't continue all game.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024