Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The euphoria last night at the final whistle.. 10:11 - May 1 with 1203 viewsitfcjoe

...if you could bottle that and sell it you'd be a very rich person.

Just quite an incredible buzz and still feel like I'm coming down from it now, these last 18 months or so as a town fan have just been special moment after special moment, fortunate that I've been able to witness the majority of them first hand.

It can't stay this good forever, enjoy every thing at the moment - I made that mistake in the Burley era of taking it for granted when we were in the PL as I was in 6th form....didn't do many aways, didn't savour it, thought we'd bounce back straight away....22 years later we finally are!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The euphoria last night at the final whistle.. on 10:16 - May 1 with 1136 viewsITFC_Forever

We've been lucky to have so many "why we bother"moments in the last couple of years, and last night was up there as another one (er, sorry for jumping all over you at the final whistle!).

The blog I wrote a few years ago alluded to the same theme, but we were so conditioned to being average (at best), that those moments rarely happened to us. Now they are happening to us, and we need to drink it in and enjoy it. For it has been a very, very long time coming.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The euphoria last night at the final whistle.. on 10:17 - May 1 with 1132 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This is pretty much a 'once every 10 years season'. (At best).

Last year was good, but we were the big spenders of the division and favourites to be promoted.

This season is against the odds.

My kids aged 7 and 10 and not born in Suffolk are now referring to Ipswich as 'we', I didn't see that coming from a couple of City fans.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The euphoria last night at the final whistle.. on 10:22 - May 1 with 1118 viewsle2blue

It's been totally mental. If someone had said after one of Paul Cook's two-tone post-match interviews, don't worry everything is about to change and the club are going to put together two back-to-back 90+ point seasons, get promoted to the premier league playing, at times, some elite level tactical football, and have one of if not the best young manager in Europe, you'd have laughed them out of town.

I've been telling my lad for the last few weeks that he has to realise this is not normal and enjoy every minute.

I wonder if those people who were at the Liverpool game our last Premier game 22 years ago still have their sign saying that 'we will be back', maybe they can bring it along to the Huddersfield game.
The euphoria last night at the final whistle.. on 10:28 - May 1 with 1047 viewshomer_123

Nearly there!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The euphoria last night at the final whistle.. on 10:29 - May 1 with 1046 viewsunbelievablue

I was quite emotional. Very difficult to do anything between now and Saturday to be honest. My GF's birthday Friday which is at least taking up 0.5% of my headspace!

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

The euphoria last night at the final whistle.. on 10:38 - May 1 with 994 viewsBasuco

Basuco the younger who was able to get to the game, said he loved Chambo running from media duties and doing a fist pump and after most Cov had left and quite a lot of Town fans who took off top layers to reveal Town shirts in the home end. Post match singing in the car park. What a night, gutted I could not be there, he described it as Barnsley last year and a whole lot more.
The euphoria last night at the final whistle.. on 11:57 - May 1 with 786 viewsBarcaBlue

So important to savour the moment and not take it for granted. I did exactly that during the Robson years, never thought for one moment we were living time constricted halcyon days, it was just the norm and didn't ever consider it might end one day. Maybe posters like PJH feel the same about the Ramsey era.

A few years back when Barça were winning everything with Xavi, Iniesta and Messi I told my son to try to bottle the enjoyment as even with a team like Barça a group like that don't come round too often. Not sure he did - I probably wouldn't have done at his age.
The euphoria last night at the final whistle.. on 12:01 - May 1 with 771 viewsLord_Lucan

The euphoria last night at the final whistle.. on 11:57 - May 1 by BarcaBlue

So important to savour the moment and not take it for granted. I did exactly that during the Robson years, never thought for one moment we were living time constricted halcyon days, it was just the norm and didn't ever consider it might end one day. Maybe posters like PJH feel the same about the Ramsey era.

A few years back when Barça were winning everything with Xavi, Iniesta and Messi I told my son to try to bottle the enjoyment as even with a team like Barça a group like that don't come round too often. Not sure he did - I probably wouldn't have done at his age.

Likewise, when I was 15 I never thought that we would ever be anything other than title contenders.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

The euphoria last night at the final whistle.. on 13:47 - May 1 with 541 viewsunbelievablue

The euphoria last night at the final whistle.. on 12:01 - May 1 by Lord_Lucan

Likewise, when I was 15 I never thought that we would ever be anything other than title contenders.

Are you going Sat?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

The euphoria last night at the final whistle.. on 13:51 - May 1 with 499 viewsReuser_is_God

The euphoria last night at the final whistle.. on 10:22 - May 1 by le2blue

It's been totally mental. If someone had said after one of Paul Cook's two-tone post-match interviews, don't worry everything is about to change and the club are going to put together two back-to-back 90+ point seasons, get promoted to the premier league playing, at times, some elite level tactical football, and have one of if not the best young manager in Europe, you'd have laughed them out of town.

I've been telling my lad for the last few weeks that he has to realise this is not normal and enjoy every minute.

I wonder if those people who were at the Liverpool game our last Premier game 22 years ago still have their sign saying that 'we will be back', maybe they can bring it along to the Huddersfield game.

I think it was Andy Warren who had that sign, I’m 99% certain he said so on a KOA podcast at some point.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The euphoria last night at the final whistle.. on 13:52 - May 1 with 484 viewsMaySixth

Drugs sell well.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024