Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second 10:46 - May 1 with 1126 viewssmithy69

The extra game/games depending if we had won the next round - plus league games being rearranged - I feel would hugely impacted an already tiring team - with no 2 week break like we had to Rest up

Thoughts ?
I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 10:48 - May 1 with 1091 viewsBluePG

100% agree. However, it also demonstrates how stupid football is…..if Maidstone can beat us, then a point on Saturday isn’t guaranteed! (I do acknowledge it wasn’t our strongest XI, but still.)

Poll: Best Dane?

I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 10:48 - May 1 with 1088 viewsKeno

I said at the time 'that could be the result that gets us promoted'

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 10:49 - May 1 with 1074 views_clive_baker_

Probably right, it was a blessing I think.

Arguably had Coventry not got to the semi's we might not be either. That break came at such a good time for us and it meant we played a Coventry side after a gruelling schedule and with no chance of making the playoffs.

Still, it's all ifs, buts and maybe's. To have 93 points (potentially 96 by Saturday) and currently 90 goals with only 6 defeats all season nobody can really argue that we don't deserve promotion.
I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 11:22 - May 1 with 924 viewsGarv

Disagree to be honest.

Look how McKenna has managed the squad for 2.5 years, he'd have made it work.

The Maidstone game was a good thing for football in general, so it didn't bother me that much.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 11:34 - May 1 with 872 viewsfranz_tyson

The only relevance regarding Maidstone in this conversation is that Huddersfield have a far greater chance at beating us at PR than Maidstone ...... yet Maidstone did just that. So why are we acting like we’ve already got promotion? I get it...... it was a massive relief and we're so close.... but we've got to do a job first. We had 30 shots against Maidstone and scored once and they had 2 shots and scored twice. It could happen again, expecially against a side from the same division.

If after 70 minutes Leeds are winning ( which we should expect) and we're still level i can see the stadium get really nervy and plonk all their anxieties on the shoulders of our players and Huddersfield could naturally feel they can enjoy themselves nerve-free in a 3 Little Birds relegation moment and be party-poopers.
I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 11:37 - May 1 with 841 viewsbaxterbasics

I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 11:34 - May 1 by franz_tyson

The only relevance regarding Maidstone in this conversation is that Huddersfield have a far greater chance at beating us at PR than Maidstone ...... yet Maidstone did just that. So why are we acting like we’ve already got promotion? I get it...... it was a massive relief and we're so close.... but we've got to do a job first. We had 30 shots against Maidstone and scored once and they had 2 shots and scored twice. It could happen again, expecially against a side from the same division.

If after 70 minutes Leeds are winning ( which we should expect) and we're still level i can see the stadium get really nervy and plonk all their anxieties on the shoulders of our players and Huddersfield could naturally feel they can enjoy themselves nerve-free in a 3 Little Birds relegation moment and be party-poopers.

Exactly this.

What Maidstone tells us is freak results can and do happen.

On the point the OP made, who knows really, it could have been the opposite - IIR that was early in a difficult spell for us, a win there might have changed the momentum and we'd have dropped fewer points.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 11:51 - May 1 with 753 viewspeterleeblue

For lots of reasons Maidstone was a blessing in disguise.

Right now we won't be taking Huddersfield lightly.
I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 11:52 - May 1 with 733 viewsFrimleyBlue

I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 11:34 - May 1 by franz_tyson

All i wanna see sat is we play our usual way, however any freekicks into their box or corners, we have men back. No counter opportunities.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 11:54 - May 1 with 730 viewspointofblue

I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 11:22 - May 1 by Garv

Disagree to be honest.

Look how McKenna has managed the squad for 2.5 years, he'd have made it work.

The Maidstone game was a good thing for football in general, so it didn't bother me that much.

Have to disagree. Tiredness was being used as an excuse for our off par performances against Norwich and Watford. How much worse would it have been if we'd had a cup run to contend with too?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 11:54 - May 1 with 730 viewsgainsboroughblue

I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 11:51 - May 1 by peterleeblue

For lots of reasons Maidstone was a blessing in disguise.

Right now we won't be taking Huddersfield lightly.

And so we shouldn't.

If we step back from everything, they were still a division higher than us last season. That is the mindblowing thing about this whole season.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 11:55 - May 1 with 718 viewsSamWhiteUK

I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 10:48 - May 1 by Keno

I said at the time 'that could be the result that gets us promoted'

And many other idiots said it was "season over"
I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 11:57 - May 1 with 693 viewsbsw72

Should factor in the different situations and associated mentality - teams in cup games have a very different mentality to those in league matches - there's a hope of advancing that drives teams forward. Maidstone had that, and Town did not look as if they really cared that day, it was not the team's priority (whether that was said or not).

HUddersfield are playing for pride with nothing to lose, while we have potentially everything to "lose". The pressure will impact both but I expect the prize to drive Town forwards will give us the mental advantage.

Having said all of that, I am clutching at any straws to make myself feel better :-)
I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 11:58 - May 1 with 680 viewsNutkins_Return

Such a hard question. Certainly if we'd then beaten Cov you could make that argument for sure. You just never know. I wouldn't go back and change it now that's for sure.

Good chance of course we would have won the FA Cup 😁
I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 12:03 - May 1 with 622 viewsBlueschev

I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 11:54 - May 1 by pointofblue

Have to disagree. Tiredness was being used as an excuse for our off par performances against Norwich and Watford. How much worse would it have been if we'd had a cup run to contend with too?

I thought we were decent against Watford to be honest.
I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 12:06 - May 1 with 592 viewsHelp

Agree
I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 12:37 - May 1 with 461 views_clive_baker_

We'll sh1t on them Franz, don't panic Mr Mannering.
[Post edited 1 May 12:45]
I genuinely believe If we had beat Maidstone - we wouldn’t be second on 12:42 - May 1 with 444 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Listening to the Cov commentary and Steve Ogrizovic was adamant that getting to the semi final cost them the chance of play-offs this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024