Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The pitch invasion thing… 12:58 - May 2 with 2164 viewsBluePG

At the outset, it’s not feasible for me as I’m in Block B, and have an octogenarian father with me who’d struggle to mount a privet hedge let alone a Cobbold Stand wall, however what is the general feeling about the above?

I was on the pitch for the Bolton semi-final win in 2000 as a young buck, and at the time it was a lifetime highlight. Conversely, like others I watched on as the players did their lap of honour and extended celebrations last season.

It was those post-Exeter celebrations that live longer however. It was a terrific 45 minutes or so, and would love to see them again IF we manage it on Saturday. Does a pitch invasion preclude there being any repeat of last year’s party? Can you get 5,000 folk back into their seats again?!

Poll: Best Dane?

The pitch invasion thing… on 13:04 - May 2 with 2098 viewsBlueBlood90

Every other club does it without issue (except the Nottingham Forest muppet who assaulted Billy Sharp) so I don't see why we should be any different.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

The pitch invasion thing… on 13:09 - May 2 with 2046 viewsMJallday

It’s happening deal so probably best to deal with it

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

The pitch invasion thing… on 13:16 - May 2 with 1998 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why on earth do our fans overcomplicate it. IF we are to get promoted vs Huddersfield.

Run on the pitch, lift the players on your shoulders. Have a sing song, take some photos. Then when the players eventually go back down the tunnel and the club say they want you off so they can do a presentation, you walk back in to the stands. Easy.

But i beg, nobody does anything stupid and leaves the Huddersfield players alone.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The pitch invasion thing… on 13:31 - May 2 with 1881 viewsGarv

The pitch invasion thing… on 13:04 - May 2 by BlueBlood90

Every other club does it without issue (except the Nottingham Forest muppet who assaulted Billy Sharp) so I don't see why we should be any different.

And the Pompey muppet who knocked one of the oppo players to the floor the other week...

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The pitch invasion thing… on 13:36 - May 2 with 1838 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Fans will disperse after 10 mins, as the moment of euphoria will have peaked.

No reason why a pitch invasion cant be followed by laps of honour etc.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The pitch invasion thing… on 13:37 - May 2 with 1825 viewsITFC_Forever

Last season the club asked everyone not to go on the pitch, saying the club could get in trouble and the individuals would be…. But neither happened, and the club used footage on their socials.

So I think if there is cause for celebration on Saturday, those who were unsure last year are more likely to do it - and the players will be having their celebration in the dressing room anyway.

Everyone cleared the pitch fairly quickly last year, and did so in 2000, so there’s no reason to think they wouldn’t this time.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The pitch invasion thing… on 13:43 - May 2 with 1764 viewsSitfcB

The pitch invasion thing… on 13:37 - May 2 by ITFC_Forever

Last season the club asked everyone not to go on the pitch, saying the club could get in trouble and the individuals would be…. But neither happened, and the club used footage on their socials.

So I think if there is cause for celebration on Saturday, those who were unsure last year are more likely to do it - and the players will be having their celebration in the dressing room anyway.

Everyone cleared the pitch fairly quickly last year, and did so in 2000, so there’s no reason to think they wouldn’t this time.

Or players will come out in the directors box!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The pitch invasion thing… on 13:45 - May 2 with 1748 viewsReuser_is_God

I don’t understand why there is so much anxiety over a pitch invasion.

If we get the point we need just get on the fuggern pitch.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

The pitch invasion thing… on 13:48 - May 2 with 1718 viewsSitfcB

The pitch invasion thing… on 13:45 - May 2 by Reuser_is_God

I don’t understand why there is so much anxiety over a pitch invasion.

If we get the point we need just get on the fuggern pitch.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, our fanbase must be the wettest in the country.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The pitch invasion thing… on 14:02 - May 2 with 1657 viewsLankHenners

Think one of the problems last year was Foz on the mic kept banging on about not going on the pitch so much that it clearly struck fear into people that the lap of appreciation wouldn't go ahead. Surely they can just give a quick message once or twice this time, worded in a way that doesn't make people anticipate disappointment.

Other potential issue, as has been covered on other threads, is the ability (or lack of) for people from upper tiers to make their way down - could well find themselves blocked off or unable to get back into the stadium if they try going outside to come in through a lower tier entrance/exit.

Needs to be a proper scene this time though - think the booing debacle overshadowed how crap and tinpot it looked last year. Too many people just running around filming themselves sliding about on the pitch and taking selfies rather than actually getting involved in a big celebration.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The pitch invasion thing… on 14:06 - May 2 with 1631 viewsbazza

The pitch invasion thing… on 13:16 - May 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Why on earth do our fans overcomplicate it. IF we are to get promoted vs Huddersfield.

Run on the pitch, lift the players on your shoulders. Have a sing song, take some photos. Then when the players eventually go back down the tunnel and the club say they want you off so they can do a presentation, you walk back in to the stands. Easy.

But i beg, nobody does anything stupid and leaves the Huddersfield players alone.

To be fair, it’s a handful of fans on a forum moaning , the other 30,000 will just run on , it’s a bit like the bus greet, a few people Will Moan, thousands will attend. The only reason people booed last year was because the club made a big thing about the ceremony after, that won’t happen this year.
The pitch invasion thing… on 14:07 - May 2 with 1616 viewsTractorCam

The pitch invasion thing… on 14:06 - May 2 by bazza

To be fair, it’s a handful of fans on a forum moaning , the other 30,000 will just run on , it’s a bit like the bus greet, a few people Will Moan, thousands will attend. The only reason people booed last year was because the club made a big thing about the ceremony after, that won’t happen this year.

So far the club have said absolutely nothing, fingers crossed it remains that way.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

The pitch invasion thing… on 14:22 - May 2 with 1521 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The pitch invasion thing… on 13:48 - May 2 by SitfcB

Said it before and I’ll say it again, our fanbase must be the wettest in the country.

Hilarious innit? Booing pitch invasion, clapping and applauding that mob of wasters who had relegated us without a fight, sticking up for Marcus Evans etc etc.

This fanbase.
The pitch invasion thing… on 14:23 - May 2 with 1511 viewsITFC_Forever

The pitch invasion thing… on 14:06 - May 2 by bazza

Only those in the bottom tiers will be able to get on, so maybe 8k - 9k at the most?

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The pitch invasion thing… on 16:07 - May 2 with 1283 viewsVaughan8

The pitch invasion thing… on 14:23 - May 2 by ITFC_Forever

Only those in the bottom tiers will be able to get on, so maybe 8k - 9k at the most?

Correct. If everyone got on the pitch, surely they'd all get crushed.

If you want to go on, go on, if not don't. As someone said, it's over complicating it.

As long as there isn't any stupidity, like hitting players, then it's fine.
The pitch invasion thing… on 16:09 - May 2 with 1266 viewsbazza

Apparently the club are installing firemen poles, for anyone in the top tiers
The pitch invasion thing… on 16:33 - May 2 with 1181 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

The pitch invasion thing… on 13:43 - May 2 by SitfcB

That's what happened in 1992.

I remember standing on the pitch while 'We Are The Champions' was played.
The pitch invasion thing… on 16:59 - May 2 with 1130 viewsstonojnr

The pitch invasion thing… on 13:43 - May 2 by SitfcB

Sky/Efl will want pitch photos with the advertising and so on, and they haven't got any cameras pointing at the box.

So they'll have to clear the pitch and we'll have to hope everyone does what they're asked, when they're asked
The pitch invasion thing… on 18:36 - May 2 with 984 viewsrunaround

The One issue from last season’s invasion I recall was the stewards decided that they were not going to let people get on the pitch from the stairs between sections 5 and 6 of SBRL whilst seemingly making little effort to stop people elsewhere. This led to a crush and blockage by that gate and on the stairs with some nearby who were Not going on the pitch getting knocked to the ground.
Had they just let the fans on like elsewhere in the ground it wouldn’t have happened.
Hopefully this time they will let the initial rush go then everyone will be fine.
The pitch invasion thing… on 18:51 - May 2 with 941 viewsPinewoodblue

Easy access from upper to lower tier for both SAR & West stand.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The pitch invasion thing… on 18:58 - May 2 with 907 viewsTractorCam

The pitch invasion thing… on 18:36 - May 2 by runaround

The One issue from last season’s invasion I recall was the stewards decided that they were not going to let people get on the pitch from the stairs between sections 5 and 6 of SBRL whilst seemingly making little effort to stop people elsewhere. This led to a crush and blockage by that gate and on the stairs with some nearby who were Not going on the pitch getting knocked to the ground.
Had they just let the fans on like elsewhere in the ground it wouldn’t have happened.
Hopefully this time they will let the initial rush go then everyone will be fine.

Yes I was in that. A woman steward would have happily watched us die if it meant she felt powerful in not letting us on. All she and others next to her had to do was look at what was going on behind them.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

The pitch invasion thing… on 19:03 - May 2 with 882 viewsWubbleU

Derby had their trophy and medals presented after the game...and the pitch invasion. So I assume that will be the same on Saturday if we make it. Couldn't do it against Exeter last year because we still had a chance of champions the next week.

By the way, there was plenty of booing at Derby and a 20 page thread on their message board.

If it feels right to go on, then crack on, but it should be spontaneous .
The pitch invasion thing… on 19:27 - May 2 with 818 viewssaddlemaker

We were regularly on the pitch after full time in the 1970's and ALWAYS after the last home match. The announcer would repeat (in vain), "Off the pitch please, Off the pitch, Please keep off the pitch". No one listened. I even took a divot home and kept it in a flower pot. I was then, in my very early teens, but as I am now past 60, I shall not be going on the on pitch Saturday, but will delight in watching our younger fans on the pitch, enjoying their moment.
The pitch invasion thing… on 21:44 - May 2 with 636 viewsHandslikeplates2

If we get to the Premiership on Saturday I’m going to zip wire naked onto the pitch, no one’s going to stop me with my tackle out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024