Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players you really misjudged 19:22 - May 2 with 3376 viewssaffers12

Hladky for me, after the 2 2 v Wimbledon and Cook bought Walton, said he will never play for us again

Players you really misjudged on 20:39 - May 2 with 1008 viewsNthQldITFC

A certain former left back - he was helping me out on a building job and I assumed he'd be able keep all the bags of cement from escaping. He couldn't trap one.

Then I moved him to the office and put him in charge of shutting down the computers when they had crashed. ALT-DEL was alright, but CTRL... not so much.

In desperation I tried him in the quiz team, in charge of letting the quizmaster know when we couldn't come up with the answer. Again, no joy, we just sat there as our time ran out.

Finally we got something sorted - he was brilliant in the role of presenting the formal dance to the Labour Party, who were not in power at the time.
[Post edited 3 May 7:37]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Players you really misjudged on 20:40 - May 2 with 994 viewsDubtractor

Burgess. I thought he was a carthorse, and I'm there are are posts from me on here saying so, but over last season, and especially this season, he has turned into a serious player. Really good user of the ball too - and I'm sure he wasn't when he first joined.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Players you really misjudged on 20:44 - May 2 with 972 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Lee Martin, thought he'd be great.
See also JET, Bullard and latterly, Louis Barry.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Players you really misjudged on 21:08 - May 2 with 946 viewsvictorywilhappen

When Hutch fell over and asked for a pen in his second game I was worried he wouldn't finish runs and felt a bit entitled...he has grown and proved me wrong. Great player that will get better. Hope we can keep him.
Players you really misjudged on 21:10 - May 2 with 927 viewsvictorywilhappen

Jimmy Bullard for many reasons but mostly the hair. But we also had Campo....
Players you really misjudged on 22:00 - May 2 with 844 viewstextbackup

Players you really misjudged on 19:48 - May 2 by 44_not_out

Starts a sentence with ‘I’m not being horrible’…… usually means you are being horrible for sure

I’m not sure I have been though.
Given him the credit he deserves as a good servant.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Players you really misjudged on 22:01 - May 2 with 843 viewshomer_123

Grant Ward....for very obvious reasons.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Players you really misjudged on 22:12 - May 2 with 819 viewsRadlett_blue

Players you really misjudged on 19:36 - May 2 by textbackup

I mean, not being horrible, but let’s not pretend he’s been anything more than average for us.
Helps out when needs be, but never had a game where he’s been a 9 or a 10/10… really

A good servant to the club, absolutely

Yes, Jackson's a decent League 1 player at best but under McKenna he's been a very useful squad player as he seems to understand his role in the team & he performs it to the best of his ability. Managers like players whom they can trust to carry out their instructions & give 100%.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Players you really misjudged on 22:43 - May 2 with 776 viewsskinnybob72

Players you really misjudged on 22:12 - May 2 by Radlett_blue

Yes, Jackson's a decent League 1 player at best but under McKenna he's been a very useful squad player as he seems to understand his role in the team & he performs it to the best of his ability. Managers like players whom they can trust to carry out their instructions & give 100%.

Very much this, I imagine he will leave in the summer but I don’t think he will lack offers from other clubs
Players you really misjudged on 23:00 - May 2 with 744 viewsNutkins_Return

Hladky has thrived in the McKenna system as it utilizes his best attributes. When we first signed him we were like a bunch of strangers and not organized. Played to all his weaknesses. Walton will always be the better goalkeeper and keeping the ball out of the net overall but Hladky earnt his right this season with the bravery and ability he has on the ball. He's also very good at meeting 1 on 1 situations.

For me I think we will need to look at the position next year because for sure there will be more shots to keep our. Feel for Walton. Wouldn't be surprised if he was number 1 next year. Wouldn't be super surprised if it was Hladky. But most likely we sign someone.
Players you really misjudged on 23:39 - May 2 with 693 viewsIPS_wich

Players you really misjudged on 22:12 - May 2 by Radlett_blue

For me there are two Jacksons:

- Jackson the centre forward who I’m not even sure is League 1 standard.
- Jackson the right winger who has been very capable cover for Burns, has got multiple assists and goals from the right, tracks back really well and has rarely let us down.

Not a world beater, but for me his performances this year on the right means he has done more than enough to be held in the highest regard for his contributions this season - and along with JD and Woolfie have been through thick and thin.

If he does leave in the summer I will be sad.
Players you really misjudged on 01:50 - May 3 with 613 viewsWestcountryblue

Players you really misjudged on 20:33 - May 2 by ITFC_History

I wonder what would have happened if Bersant Celina had signed & stayed.
[Post edited 2 May 20:37]

Not too sure who represents him, but he's made some truly bizarre career decisions over the past 2 years.

I'm sure there is a great sense of regret from him, as he now looks at our league position.
Players you really misjudged on 07:27 - May 3 with 509 viewsGinja

Adam Tanner, I remember proudly proclaiming to anyone that would listen that he'd play for England after his magnificent debut against Leicester. I was then in the Anfield Road End to see his winner against Liverpool next time out that gave us some hope of surviving that season and was convinced he would go on to be an Ipswich legend and achieve something massive in the game.
Players you really misjudged on 07:33 - May 3 with 498 viewsDanTheMan

From the current lot, both Hladky and Burgess especially.

Mentioned a few days ago I thought Burgess was just a lump of a centre back but I was completely wrong. He's been vital.

In some ways Harness as well, I was adamant we'd selling the summer but he's stayed and contributed in some key games.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Players you really misjudged on 07:39 - May 3 with 486 viewsSteve_M

Players you really misjudged on 19:29 - May 2 by FrimleyBlue

Burgess. Just didn't see him becoming a big reason why we're 2nd in the championship.

Yeah, even back at Oxford 16 months ago he didn't look like a player quite good enough for the top end of League One. Since then he has been superb and I wouldn't rule out him developing further next season (albeit he might be a little too slow).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Players you really misjudged on 08:27 - May 3 with 416 viewsEuropablue

Players you really misjudged on 19:27 - May 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am certain that Hladky is only first choice because Walton started the season injured. I am sure that, had he been fit, Walton was the first choice. How that would have impacted our season no one knows. However, Hladky has been superb over the season. I think few would have expected that but he joined us off the back of being the best keeper in League 2 so it shouldn't be a surprise.

I think he will be replaced in the Prem but you never know.

I was actually disappointed for Hladky when Walton was brought in as a replacement for him shortly after he joined. It is very tough for a goalkeeper to start with an unsettled back line. I always rated Hladky, he just looked like he lacked confidence.
Players you really misjudged on 08:28 - May 3 with 414 viewsEuropablue

Players you really misjudged on 19:29 - May 2 by FrimleyBlue

Burgess. Just didn't see him becoming a big reason why we're 2nd in the championship.

I remember really rating Burgess when he came in, I was surprised that he wasn't given more of a chance at first.
Players you really misjudged on 08:31 - May 3 with 409 viewsbazza

Players you really misjudged on 19:25 - May 2 by MK1

Jackson. Never rated him and thought he was a total waste of money.
I have said it before and I will say it again, never listen to me where judging a player is concerned.

Totally agree, I always thought he had a bad attitude, certainly bad body language. Under McKenna he just looks so happy to be here. Proper professional.
Players you really misjudged on 08:40 - May 3 with 393 viewsPinewoodblue

Most of us are the same when it comes to substitutions. Asked what changes you would make, you can be sure the player you name will score the next goal.

Actually believe that McKenna is educating the fans on this, as I seem to be getting better at it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Players you really misjudged on 08:49 - May 3 with 360 viewsHerbivore

Of the current squad, I thought Burgess and Burns were two players we'd look to upgrade on last summer and I wasn't sure either would make the step up to the Championship. They've both absolutely smashed it, Burns is integral to how we play and Burgess has improved in every department and looks quality at this level.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Players you really misjudged on 09:40 - May 3 with 319 viewsRadlett_blue

Players you really misjudged on 01:50 - May 3 by Westcountryblue

Not too sure who represents him, but he's made some truly bizarre career decisions over the past 2 years.

I'm sure there is a great sense of regret from him, as he now looks at our league position.

But Town don't seem to tolerate lazy players under McKenna so I doubt Celina would have got a look-in.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024