Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... 04:45 - May 3 with 2039 viewsBondiBlue

...what are the odds they'd let us take chalobah as well? Haven't been following him since his season with us but he was class when here.

Poll: Which would you accept?

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 06:22 - May 3 with 1831 viewswkj

He's in the Chelsea 1st team, so I wouldn't imagine so

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 06:57 - May 3 with 1759 viewsHerbivore

I wouldn't say he was class when he was here. You could see he has ability but he was an accident waiting to happen (and the accident frequently transpired) most games for us. He learnt from that spell and has developed into a very good player who is almost certainly well beyond our reach.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 07:11 - May 3 with 1712 viewsRobTheMonk

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 06:57 - May 3 by Herbivore

I wouldn't say he was class when he was here. You could see he has ability but he was an accident waiting to happen (and the accident frequently transpired) most games for us. He learnt from that spell and has developed into a very good player who is almost certainly well beyond our reach.

I never thought he'd make it in the prem. Us playing him out of position probably didn't help my thought process.

Fair play though, he's proved the doubters wrong.
While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 07:16 - May 3 with 1688 viewsVaughan8

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 07:11 - May 3 by RobTheMonk

I never thought he'd make it in the prem. Us playing him out of position probably didn't help my thought process.

Fair play though, he's proved the doubters wrong.

Agreed. I always thought, "He'll never make it at chelsea," and he has so proved me wrong. However, he did play midfield here and now plays in defence for them.....

I know people liked him here, and he was playing in a poor team, but apart from a feew glimpses of skill, he never looked that good (in my opinion).

I would doubt Chelsea would let him go at a price we could afford.
While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 07:24 - May 3 with 1662 viewsjayessess

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 06:57 - May 3 by Herbivore

Our management of Chalobah and Hutchinson's respective loans is a bit of a microcosm of changes at the club really.

Despite him being very young (19), we thrust an incredible amount of responsibility onto him basically straightaway. He started our first 5 league games that season and went on to start 35/46. Huge ask for a 19-year-old on a first loan, especially in centre midfield (and in a team that rubbish).

Contrast with Hutchinson, first loan, but slightly older (by 9 months). Didn't start in the league for us until matchday 7, didn't make consecutive starts until November. Surrounded by team-mates who were excelling, treated as an impact player as he learned and developed, not expected to instantly become a key cog in a big battleground part of the pitch like Chalobah.

Easy to see why one thrived more than the other, notwithstanding their relative abilities.
[Post edited 3 May 7:24]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 08:34 - May 3 with 1450 viewsHerbivore

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 07:24 - May 3 by jayessess

Our management of Chalobah and Hutchinson's respective loans is a bit of a microcosm of changes at the club really.

Despite him being very young (19), we thrust an incredible amount of responsibility onto him basically straightaway. He started our first 5 league games that season and went on to start 35/46. Huge ask for a 19-year-old on a first loan, especially in centre midfield (and in a team that rubbish).

Contrast with Hutchinson, first loan, but slightly older (by 9 months). Didn't start in the league for us until matchday 7, didn't make consecutive starts until November. Surrounded by team-mates who were excelling, treated as an impact player as he learned and developed, not expected to instantly become a key cog in a big battleground part of the pitch like Chalobah.

Easy to see why one thrived more than the other, notwithstanding their relative abilities.

Yes, very good point. Think it's very tough for a raw young player to start every week at this level and particularly as a CM. I remember when Luongo came here on loan, you could see he had lots of ability but he made some really costly errors as well. If you throw youngsters in then unless they are genuinely exceptional talents they aren't likely to immediately thrive. Hutchinson for me is now one of the best players in the league and I doubt we'd have been able to say that at the start of the season. His development and how we've handled it has been superb. I'd probably give up a boll0ck to keep him here permanently.

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 08:39 - May 3 with 1410 viewsTractorCam

Crazy how out of place he looked in that team. How he didn't win player of the season i'll never know.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 08:44 - May 3 with 1382 viewsHerbivore

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 08:39 - May 3 by TractorCam

Crazy how out of place he looked in that team. How he didn't win player of the season i'll never know.

He looked poor in a poor team, imo. Player of the season? Not for me.

Login to get fewer ads

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 09:30 - May 3 with 1300 viewsTractorCam

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 08:44 - May 3 by Herbivore

He looked poor in a poor team, imo. Player of the season? Not for me.

He looked solid enough in a poor team, would have thrived under a good team like this one.

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 09:46 - May 3 with 1267 viewsReusersTown

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 09:30 - May 3 by TractorCam

He looked solid enough in a poor team, would have thrived under a good team like this one.

I agree with this, the only player that seemed to have any redeeming feature that year.
While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 10:13 - May 3 with 1198 viewsHerbivore

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 09:30 - May 3 by TractorCam

Solid was the last thing he looked. Glimpses of class in amongst a litany of errors. He wasn't alone in that but think there's some hindsight being applied.

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 10:13 - May 3 with 1190 viewshadleighboyblue

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 07:24 - May 3 by jayessess

Omari's loan has been brilliant for all parties .

Great credit for such a successful loan is due to his attitude , he has developed so much , but also great credit to the coaching staff and management that have handled things so well.

Hopefully other clubs will have taken note and will be more willing to loan us players.

The question is whether we can keep him here next season
While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 10:31 - May 3 with 1109 viewsWeWereZombies

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 08:34 - May 3 by Herbivore

Yes, very good point. Think it's very tough for a raw young player to start every week at this level and particularly as a CM. I remember when Luongo came here on loan, you could see he had lots of ability but he made some really costly errors as well. If you throw youngsters in then unless they are genuinely exceptional talents they aren't likely to immediately thrive. Hutchinson for me is now one of the best players in the league and I doubt we'd have been able to say that at the start of the season. His development and how we've handled it has been superb. I'd probably give up a boll0ck to keep him here permanently.

Steady on...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 10:42 - May 3 with 1067 viewsheavyweight

I take your point that Hutchinson has been handled so much better in his loan period. But I think there are a number of other isssues:

There are more subs allowed these days
It's generally easier and less disruptive to a team to sub a forward player
Chalobah couldnt really be described at an impact player
While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 10:46 - May 3 with 1022 viewsHerbivore

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 10:31 - May 3 by WeWereZombies

Steady on...

I only need one.

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 10:47 - May 3 with 1004 viewsWeWereZombies

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 10:46 - May 3 by Herbivore

I only need one.

I suppose so...and you never know, the other might grow back.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 10:58 - May 3 with 943 viewsTractorCam

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 10:13 - May 3 by Herbivore

Solid was the last thing he looked. Glimpses of class in amongst a litany of errors. He wasn't alone in that but think there's some hindsight being applied.

No hindsight for me, I was tweeting skybet in 2019 asking to get odds on him getting an England cap. I was banging the drum then despite being rock bottom.

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 11:10 - May 3 with 888 viewsjungleboy

Chalobah played midfield for us and he was pretty useless. Certainly not one of the best loanees we have had. But Chelsea has turned him into a centre half which seems to be his natural position.
While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 12:51 - May 3 with 771 viewsChrisd

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 10:58 - May 3 by TractorCam

No hindsight for me, I was tweeting skybet in 2019 asking to get odds on him getting an England cap. I was banging the drum then despite being rock bottom.

If you have anything about you, you could appreciate even then that he was a decent player, even in a poor Town side. The fact it was his first loan spell in men's football and he was our best player tells you a lot about him. I'm pleased he's gone on and done so well with his Chelsea career. There's no grey area with some on here, once they've made their mind up, that's it. Embarrassing really, give the lad some credit.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 12:53 - May 3 with 760 viewsSwansea_Blue

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 06:22 - May 3 by wkj

Maybe we could sneak in and take him when they’re not looking? Keno could make a distraction

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 12:54 - May 3 with 748 viewsHerbivore

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 12:51 - May 3 by Chrisd

If you have anything about you, you could appreciate even then that he was a decent player, even in a poor Town side. The fact it was his first loan spell in men's football and he was our best player tells you a lot about him. I'm pleased he's gone on and done so well with his Chelsea career. There's no grey area with some on here, once they've made their mind up, that's it. Embarrassing really, give the lad some credit.

Condescending tosh.

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 12:56 - May 3 with 738 viewsstrikalite

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 06:22 - May 3 by wkj

...and on about £100k a week..
While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 13:43 - May 3 with 661 viewsChrisd

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 12:54 - May 3 by Herbivore

Condescending tosh.

Truth hurts?!

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 13:50 - May 3 with 638 viewsChrisd

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 11:10 - May 3 by jungleboy

Chalobah played midfield for us and he was pretty useless. Certainly not one of the best loanees we have had. But Chelsea has turned him into a centre half which seems to be his natural position.

Consider the state of that Town side. You are asking a 19 year old kid in his first loan in men's football to stop the Titanic from sinking? Have a bit of perspective. How do you think he would do in our current midfield alongside, Morsy? He'd be terrific, especially with his willingness to get forward and make a pass. Let's not forget that team went down with a whimper, he didn't get too much help during that campaign.
[Post edited 3 May 13:51]

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 14:22 - May 3 with 575 viewsHerbivore

While we're raiding chelsea yoof team for hutch... on 13:43 - May 3 by Chrisd

Truth hurts?!

Your opinion is not truth. I don't care enough about your opinion for it to hurt either.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024