Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Raise a glass to Paul Cook 14:31 - May 3 with 4612 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

If we do it, then personally I will raise a glass to Paul Cook tomorrow afternoon.

Not debating that KMc has improved his signings, but I think Cook deserves credit for bringing Hladky, Walton, Burgess, Edmondson, Morsy, Chappers and Burns to our club.

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:45 - May 3 with 978 viewsfooters

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:43 - May 3 by Mach_foreignBlue

Again. Stop seeking an argument.

You know my stance re Cook so why are you asking me time and time again? It's been done to death.

You would find an argument in an empty room wouldn't you?

And everyone knows what you think about certain players that left years ago. So no need to keep repeating it, is there.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:48 - May 3 with 953 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:45 - May 3 by footers

And everyone knows what you think about certain players that left years ago. So no need to keep repeating it, is there.

Cook, Lambert and Hurst left a long while ago too. Somehow it doesn't stop some people to keep repeating the same things about them over and over.
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:50 - May 3 with 962 viewsBlueBadger

Might was well raise a glass to Hurst for bringing in Jackson and Donnie, ffs.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:50 - May 3 with 950 viewsHerbivore

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:43 - May 3 by Mach_foreignBlue

Again. Stop seeking an argument.

You know my stance re Cook so why are you asking me time and time again? It's been done to death.

You would find an argument in an empty room wouldn't you?

You are responding to me, perhaps it's you seeking an argument? I'm just curious as to what people see in Cook as a manager. Releasing a load of out of contract players is something anyone can do so I'm not sure why it warrants him getting any particular credit. A manager earns his corn on the training ground and on match days and, to be honest, in that respect Cook was utterly hopeless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:55 - May 3 with 944 viewsBlueBadger

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 14:42 - May 3 by Steve_M

Honestly the hold that half-arsed joker has on some fans is ridiculous.

We had an enormous budget for the third division, signing some decent players is the least we should have expected from that. Now had he actually got a team together for more than about six weeks he might be worthy of some praise.

He did a worse job than Lambert did in 20-21 and then, after signing all those new players, went back to blaming them for not being good enough just before he was sacked.

But, yeah other than that, well done Cooky.
[Post edited 3 May 14:55]

Hang your heads in fking shame…
Mullet
Gtsb
Blue badger
Bloots
N2 Blue
ITFC Joe

…and the rest.

Do you not understand that these forums have massive sway these days? You’ve killed it. We may go on to bigger better things, who knows? Your bitching and whining on here is picked up and has a massive ripple effect. Fking knobs the lot of you. For weeks you’ve been stamping your feet like little girls and it gets picked up when all you needed to do was ride it out for a bit. Pathetic. Cook always comes good, he always has done, talk to any Pompey, Wigan or Chesterfield fan.

I’m in Pompey tonight and they’re all shaking their heads. Dkheads the lot of you. Happy to get banned on the back of this. You’re ridiculous. The ramifications are massive which may be placated with money but fk me; learn to kick a ball and know what you’re talking about before you lash out in anger.

A massive shame and a massive shame on you. Cook is working hard. What are you doing other than idly pointing fingers and drawing on nonsense stats.

Nothing but contempt for you lot and your baseless insights into football when you’ve never even kicked a ball.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:57 - May 3 with 916 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:50 - May 3 by Herbivore

You are responding to me, perhaps it's you seeking an argument? I'm just curious as to what people see in Cook as a manager. Releasing a load of out of contract players is something anyone can do so I'm not sure why it warrants him getting any particular credit. A manager earns his corn on the training ground and on match days and, to be honest, in that respect Cook was utterly hopeless.

You have been asking me today and number of times so don't ask me ever again as you seem to be in a need of argument.

Again.......you don't rate Cook your opinion. Others got a different opinion.

You stick up for the hopeless frauds who relegated us. Others don't.

Again, each to their own.
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:59 - May 3 with 916 viewsJ2BLUE

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:24 - May 3 by Mach_foreignBlue

Demolition Job and kicking the frauds of the club. Thank you very much.

Ha, saw you had replied and knew what it would be about.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:59 - May 3 with 916 viewswkj

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:57 - May 3 by Mach_foreignBlue

You have been asking me today and number of times so don't ask me ever again as you seem to be in a need of argument.

I really wish you both would push your cracks aside and get stuck in to the meaty joy that is tomorrow's game

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 16:01 - May 3 with 907 viewsHerbivore

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:57 - May 3 by Mach_foreignBlue

I mean, you still haven't told me what Cook did well as a manager here other than release a load of players who were always likely to be released. I guess that means you don't have anything else to put forward. As for sticking up for the hopeless frauds who relegated us, that's simply not true, I'm very critical of Hurst and Lambert as well.

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 16:02 - May 3 with 898 viewsHerbivore

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:59 - May 3 by wkj

I really wish you both would push your cracks aside and get stuck in to the meaty joy that is tomorrow's game

There's a game tomorrow?

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 16:05 - May 3 with 893 viewswkj

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 16:02 - May 3 by Herbivore

There's a game tomorrow?

Its the warm up footy match for the main attraction - when Mach finally meets me at Kesgrave Community Centre for a bit of a dust up - Queensbury rules.

A weekend of sport that the likes of Suffolk has never witnessed.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 16:05 - May 3 with 880 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 16:01 - May 3 by Herbivore

I mean, you still haven't told me what Cook did well as a manager here other than release a load of players who were always likely to be released. I guess that means you don't have anything else to put forward. As for sticking up for the hopeless frauds who relegated us, that's simply not true, I'm very critical of Hurst and Lambert as well.

i've told many times. If you don't pay attention it's not my problem. You are addicted to the arguments that's the thing.

Yes you stick up for the frauds who relegated us. Skuse, Chambers and others. Clear now? Or are you going to keep seeking an argument ?
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 16:09 - May 3 with 870 viewsGavTWTD

Taking it back to the OP, those signings were absolutely massive.

Stop the arguing please, we have bigger fish to fry than previous managers.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 16:12 - May 3 with 836 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 16:09 - May 3 by GavTWTD

Of course they were massive signings.

Ask Chaplin, Morsy or Walton what they think of Cook. If they hadn't rated him they wouldn't have dropped down the league to play for us. Their opinion is far more credible than some on here.
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 17:15 - May 3 with 775 viewsdirtyboy

Few things.

Cook was a likeable fella, had to put up with personal issues in his short time here as well which probably didn't help.

Whilst the results were by and large, pretty awful, myself and many at the time all commented that we were trying to play the right way and it was at least entertaining, although mostly for the opposition/neutral lol!

He did sign some of my favourite players.

Burns, Chappers, Morsy and Burgess are right up there already with Holland, Dyer, Magilton, Petta, Reuser, Tarrico and Chambo (ducks)
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 17:34 - May 3 with 749 viewsMK1

Not a chance. Couldn't stand the self inflated egotistic idiot.
And it is when.
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 19:39 - May 3 with 660 viewslazyblue

Sometimes people just try to be too nice when really not needed, strange post .
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 19:40 - May 3 with 654 viewsSteve_M

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 15:55 - May 3 by BlueBadger

Hang your heads in fking shame…
Mullet
Gtsb
Blue badger
Bloots
N2 Blue
ITFC Joe

…and the rest.

Do you not understand that these forums have massive sway these days? You’ve killed it. We may go on to bigger better things, who knows? Your bitching and whining on here is picked up and has a massive ripple effect. Fking knobs the lot of you. For weeks you’ve been stamping your feet like little girls and it gets picked up when all you needed to do was ride it out for a bit. Pathetic. Cook always comes good, he always has done, talk to any Pompey, Wigan or Chesterfield fan.

I’m in Pompey tonight and they’re all shaking their heads. Dkheads the lot of you. Happy to get banned on the back of this. You’re ridiculous. The ramifications are massive which may be placated with money but fk me; learn to kick a ball and know what you’re talking about before you lash out in anger.

A massive shame and a massive shame on you. Cook is working hard. What are you doing other than idly pointing fingers and drawing on nonsense stats.

Nothing but contempt for you lot and your baseless insights into football when you’ve never even kicked a ball.

I was gutted not to get a namecheck in that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 20:06 - May 3 with 615 viewseireblue

Well, thats put them in their plaice.
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 20:31 - May 3 with 575 viewsbazza

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 16:12 - May 3 by Mach_foreignBlue

Of course they were massive signings.

Ask Chaplin, Morsy or Walton what they think of Cook. If they hadn't rated him they wouldn't have dropped down the league to play for us. Their opinion is far more credible than some on here.

Your both right, cook cleared out the aging players /dead wood to help start from scratch, signed some very good players, then did a terrible job managing them. McKenna came in.. we all lived happily ever after ..the end.
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 21:15 - May 3 with 533 viewsGlory_Hunter

The odd take on Cook by his supporters, (no, not anyone in particular, just in general), is it's as though the players he let go would have been here forever if he hadn't.

They would have been gone anyway that season. Several were getting too old to keep the pace as the level that was needed and it just happened that it was Cook in the seat at the time.

He did nothing to show he had any plans for taking this club forward.
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 21:55 - May 3 with 503 viewsTangledupin_Blue

He even brought Peter Reid here. Wasn't that cos he needed someone to get the drinks in?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 00:09 - May 4 with 445 viewsWakh

Cook was given the money to buy a posh jigsaw puzzle but had no idea how to slot it together. Fortunately McKenna walked in and fished it for him.
Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 00:17 - May 4 with 440 viewspointofblue

Cook was like a cook in a greasy spoon cafe suddenly being put in charge of a Michelin star restaurant. He had the money to buy the best ingredients but had no idea how to use them to create a delicious meal.

Raise a glass? In truth he prolonged our time in League One by definitely a season, perhaps one and a half bearing in mind we were only two points off the play offs with a game in hand on Portsmouth when he took over.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 06:12 - May 4 with 376 viewsibbleobble

Raise a glass to Paul Cook on 21:15 - May 3 by Glory_Hunter

The odd take on Cook by his supporters, (no, not anyone in particular, just in general), is it's as though the players he let go would have been here forever if he hadn't.

They would have been gone anyway that season. Several were getting too old to keep the pace as the level that was needed and it just happened that it was Cook in the seat at the time.

He did nothing to show he had any plans for taking this club forward.

…apart from convincing Championship level players to step down a level to play for him to take the club forward 😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024