Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best 08:17 - May 5 with 6514 viewsgtsb1966

and I'm loving it. Hurts you budgies like hell doesn't it.
https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/156515-embarrassing-to-finish-below-sc
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 08:23 - May 5 with 4266 viewsNIblue

A lovely read. I guess they have to cope somehow
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 08:25 - May 5 with 4257 viewsSchmoke

'We've had 3 promotions in a decade'

He's soooo close to getting it isn't he......
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 08:32 - May 5 with 4144 viewsRadioOrwell

It's enough to know that they simply can't cope with what we have done.
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 08:42 - May 5 with 4021 viewsChurchman

Great read. You can really see the bile rising with every tap of the twelve fingers.

Oh the bitterness and bewilderment. Nobody likes to see that. Much. I hope the little guys are ok and take a few gaviscons.
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 08:52 - May 5 with 3942 viewsDyland

"Just like our success vs their failings spurred them on to rebuild and refocus, them getting promoted might just do the same here."

Hilariously delusional. Gamechanger would have barely even heard of Norwich.

It is very, very sweet, and for anyone over the age of 35ish (possibly the majority of regular PR peeps?) deliciously funny that any Norwich fan thinks they are the more successful or bigger or whatever you like club.

I begrudgingly respected what Lambert did up the road, and the less swivel eyed budgies will feel exactly the same about McKenna and Towen.

The media is lauding us and waxing lyrical because ITFC is, has been and always will be a massive historical name in English football. Suck it up Nodge. Unfortunately for you, history and tradition etc really does matter in this sport.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 08:56 - May 5 with 3871 viewsCaptainAhab

" all they are going to get is to watch their team get battered every match, having all the media talking about them not having any ambition and all the plastic prem fans talking about how they should be banned from promotion and then at the end of the season losing their manager and their best players."

That is hilarious projection! Love to see the bitter canaries!
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:02 - May 5 with 3770 viewsdavblue

TalkCity or whatever it’s called nothing
Reeve brothers nothing
Mick Dennis nothing - despite Norwich ‘breaking us twice’.

All of them happy to run their mouths off about us not being good
Enough and 15 years and all of that rubbish. As
I’ve said before never has a fan base been in a greater need of a humbling.
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:05 - May 5 with 3741 viewsDamster

I very much remember similar comments and bitterness at end of last season about the Championship being a much harder division and can’t wait for the bubble to burst and watch Ipswich fighting a relegation battle..
It just didn’t do that. Must be heartbreaking watching your neighbours sail past your parachute payments finishing 23 points ahead of you.
It is a much greater achievement to hit 96 points and just 6 losses in what was the toughest championship and 3 massive relegated sides competing.
Let’s see what happens to their fan base over next few years of what looks like a downward spiral for the yellows.
Login to get fewer ads

Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:11 - May 5 with 3664 viewsRe_User

It’s interesting to remember that we were in a very similar position in 2009. They went down to League One, looking completely bereft, whilst we looked like we were on the up with a final day win over Coventry, not seeing how it would all go wrong for Keane in the near future.

They rebuilt and thrived as much as we regressed. Now found in a similar situation, clearly it’s too much to ask for a bit of perspective from those up the road.
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:12 - May 5 with 3633 viewswkj

Every year that passes seems to make the derby less interesting for me, it's quite odd but there is one thing that did get a chuckle out of me and that was our 'plastic fan base'. We'd have been selling out if we felt the owner cared about the club and we were not enabling his sloppy approach to running the club. Granted, I do respect those who kept their STs going during the darkest hours, but I can hardly blame those who stepped away for a while.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:13 - May 5 with 3620 viewsChurchman

Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 08:52 - May 5 by Dyland

"Just like our success vs their failings spurred them on to rebuild and refocus, them getting promoted might just do the same here."

It is very, very sweet, and for anyone over the age of 35ish (possibly the majority of regular PR peeps?) deliciously funny that any Norwich fan thinks they are the more successful or bigger or whatever you like club.

I begrudgingly respected what Lambert did up the road, and the less swivel eyed budgies will feel exactly the same about McKenna and Towen.

The media is lauding us and waxing lyrical because ITFC is, has been and always will be a massive historical name in English football. Suck it up Nodge. Unfortunately for you, history and tradition etc really does matter in this sport.

History and tradition: a sherry sodden old cook staggering about the pitch at half time ranting and the Mr Clutch Trophy.

I can understand their pain.
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:14 - May 5 with 3605 viewsBloomBlue

They should listen to one of their ex players, Russell Martin, who said yesterday.."They've been great. Everyone kept saying throughout the season, 'Oh, Ipswich will fall away,' but they haven't."
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:15 - May 5 with 3586 viewsStewart27

This is a delightful read. I genuinely didn’t think I could be happier but then I read this.

I also didn’t think they could humiliate themselves any more but they go and write this.

I love their take on our attendances. They have very short me memories that they only started selling out when they were bouncing back from league one themselves. Also imagine being them outside the top flight for 17-18 years. There’s no way they’d be getting 23k against the likes of Fleetwood. We hadn’t even hit rock bottom when we were doing this.
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:17 - May 5 with 3542 viewsMK1

The sad thing is, is that they knew it was going to happen at some point. We are and always will be bigger than them and they just can't accept it. If our joy is hurting them, then all the sweeter.
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:19 - May 5 with 3508 viewsBent_double

Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:14 - May 5 by BloomBlue

They should listen to one of their ex players, Russell Martin, who said yesterday.."They've been great. Everyone kept saying throughout the season, 'Oh, Ipswich will fall away,' but they haven't."

And when they lose, either to ex-manager Farke, or ex-player Martin, it will be a wonderful moment, eclipsed only by us offering a million or so for their better player(s) over the summer, to help them out

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:20 - May 5 with 3500 viewsDyland

Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:13 - May 5 by Churchman

History and tradition: a sherry sodden old cook staggering about the pitch at half time ranting and the Mr Clutch Trophy.

I can understand their pain.

Awful confession, but I quite like Delia :)

I've said it over and over again Churchers, and it's worth repeating. When neutrals talk about Ipswich they talk about our managers and players. When Norwich comes up, it's all Delia, Ed Bollix and Stephen Fry.

QE fackin D

COYFB!!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:20 - May 5 with 3500 viewstextbackup

They’ve an entire generation that haven’t seen us above them.

The pressure on them all to win the playoffs now is insane! They will literally explode if it doesn’t happen

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:21 - May 5 with 3487 viewsfloridaboy

Its the same few who spout the same drivel on that forum.

It does get rather boring after a while to be fair!

I really hope that Leeds get their act together and give them a damn good thrashing and then see how many spout their rubbish. If and I hope they dont, get there - a beating at Wembley would taste even better - then half that team will need to be sold to balance the books. Cant see the American putting millions into Delias oven

To our dear friends and neighbours up the A140 - SUCK IT UP!!!!!
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:30 - May 5 with 3393 viewsChurchman

Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:20 - May 5 by Dyland

Awful confession, but I quite like Delia :)

I've said it over and over again Churchers, and it's worth repeating. When neutrals talk about Ipswich they talk about our managers and players. When Norwich comes up, it's all Delia, Ed Bollix and Stephen Fry.

QE fackin D

COYFB!!

She’s married and old. Jabba the husband won’t be happy if you try it on with the Delia.

Yeah, I must confess she’s a bit of a figure of fun and got her bloomers in a knot over an empty beer can, but my mum and Mrs C swore/swear by her cookery books.
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:34 - May 5 with 3334 viewsFrimleyBlue

Best one I read was how we've had no injuries.

Yeah apart from our main striker
Burns x 3 times
Broadhead x 4 times
Donacien
Clarke
Edmundson
Al hamadis groin
Moore and his back

Swear I'm missing more.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:44 - May 5 with 3255 viewsFrimleyBlue

So much to laugh at.

" if we win play offs it will taint their promotion"

No. It really won't.

Just means not only could we have leicester on - points to start with. We'd have yo yo norwich too. So that's 2 relegation spots taken.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:49 - May 5 with 3221 viewsBasuco

Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:34 - May 5 by FrimleyBlue

Best one I read was how we've had no injuries.

Yeah apart from our main striker
Burns x 3 times
Broadhead x 4 times
Donacien
Clarke
Edmundson
Al hamadis groin
Moore and his back

Swear I'm missing more.

Leif and Williams as well, Williams going back to Manchester was big as he was back up to Harry and Leif, as well as coming on with 10 to 15 minutes to go to add fresh legs for the game management.
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 09:58 - May 5 with 3149 viewsNBVJohn

Their take on media coverage is particularly amusing.

Through the combination of Suttons weekly village idiot routine on national radio and a publicity junkie faded celebrity owner you’d think that was something they’d want to stay away from.
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 10:05 - May 5 with 3073 viewsSmithersJones

“Third in the Premier League - you’ll never sing that”.

How very participative of them.
Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 10:12 - May 5 with 3002 viewsNthQldITFC

Bitterness and straw clutching at its best on 08:52 - May 5 by Dyland

What Southampton and Norwich and others did before us was a great achievement too, but as Jobi MacAnuff (I think it was) was saying yesterday everything about our achievement here was more impressive considering the 10 odd more points we got, the increased chasm between Prem and Championship, the quality of the three relegated teams, etc. etc.

And yet, this is just a stepping stone for us, not something to bang on about as a pinnacle of success when it becomes ancient history!!!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024