Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walton's cameo appearance 15:55 - May 5 with 1723 viewsblueasfook

Was that for him to qualify for a medal?

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Walton's cameo appearance on 15:57 - May 5 with 1703 viewsSitfcB

No.

Just a nice touch from McKenna, like Hladky last year.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Walton's cameo appearance on 15:59 - May 5 with 1693 viewsblueasfook

Walton's cameo appearance on 15:57 - May 5 by SitfcB

No.

Fair enough.

Walton's cameo appearance on 16:15 - May 5 with 1574 viewsSwailsey

Walton's cameo appearance on 15:57 - May 5 by SitfcB

No.

They were all given medals after the game though weren't they - Aluko etc. Presumably the club can allocate numbers? Everyone but BR got one hung round their neck by Ashton.
[Post edited 5 May 16:16]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Walton's cameo appearance on 16:38 - May 5 with 1491 viewsRadlett_blue

Walton's cameo appearance on 16:15 - May 5 by Swailsey

They were all given medals after the game though weren't they - Aluko etc. Presumably the club can allocate numbers? Everyone but BR got one hung round their neck by Ashton.

In the old days, when the Football League used to provide medals for Division winners, you had to play 12 games to qualify. If medals are provided by the club, then can give them to whoever they want, even Ashton & the tea lady.
I remember the public disdain when a Champions' League runners-up medal was hung around smirking Chelsea CEO Peter Kenyon. Bobby Charlton, who led United up, gracefully declined the offer of a medal.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Walton's cameo appearance on 16:39 - May 5 with 1490 viewsblueasfook

I thought a player had to qualify for one by actually making an appearance or two?

Walton's cameo appearance on 16:45 - May 5 with 1440 viewsMullet

Chance to say goodbye I think.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Walton's cameo appearance on 16:47 - May 5 with 1411 viewsblueasfook

Walton's cameo appearance on 16:45 - May 5 by Mullet

Chance to say goodbye I think.

Poor Walts. He's been really unfortunate this season. Wish him well if he leaves us.

Walton's cameo appearance on 16:50 - May 5 with 1381 viewsSmithersJones

I think Aluko made one league appearance (QPR at home?). But Slicker got a medal too and I don’t think he played in the league.
Login to get fewer ads

Walton's cameo appearance on 16:55 - May 5 with 1345 viewsstonojnr

Walton's cameo appearance on 16:39 - May 5 by blueasfook

I thought a player had to qualify for one by actually making an appearance or two?

No because Ed will get one again too, presumably even the Manchester United player who we can't talk about if he wants one.
Walton's cameo appearance on 16:55 - May 5 with 1340 viewsJ2BLUE

BR?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Walton's cameo appearance on 17:03 - May 5 with 1294 viewsHugoagogo_Reborn

Walton's cameo appearance on 16:50 - May 5 by SmithersJones

I think Aluko made one league appearance (QPR at home?). But Slicker got a medal too and I don’t think he played in the league.

I don't begrudge squad players getting medals, TBF. The role of the squad is to push and drive performance,quality, competition. If those squad players do their jobs (and it is a job, regardless of they make it onto the pitch) the match day squad gets better. A bit like pacemakers in long distance running. They are not there to win, they are their to get the best out of the best athletes. All kudos to them
[Post edited 5 May 17:03]
Walton's cameo appearance on 17:04 - May 5 with 1281 viewsFBI

Walton's cameo appearance on 16:55 - May 5 by J2BLUE

BR?

Bit late for him, isn't it?

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Walton's cameo appearance on 17:06 - May 5 with 1248 viewsSwailsey

Walton's cameo appearance on 16:55 - May 5 by J2BLUE

BR?

Sorry BW

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Walton's cameo appearance on 17:34 - May 5 with 1101 viewsRadlett_blue

Walton's cameo appearance on 17:06 - May 5 by Swailsey

Sorry BW

The club have probably sent him one in the post, but he might not be opening all his registered mail right now.

Walton's cameo appearance on 17:34 - May 5 with 1099 viewsPinewoodblue

Walton's cameo appearance on 16:38 - May 5 by Radlett_blue

In the old days, when the Football League used to provide medals for Division winners, you had to play 12 games to qualify. If medals are provided by the club, then can give them to whoever they want, even Ashton & the tea lady.
I remember the public disdain when a Champions' League runners-up medal was hung around smirking Chelsea CEO Peter Kenyon. Bobby Charlton, who led United up, gracefully declined the offer of a medal.

Didn't number 17 get one last season

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Walton's cameo appearance on 17:35 - May 5 with 1084 viewsblueasfook

Walton's cameo appearance on 17:34 - May 5 by Radlett_blue

The club have probably sent him one in the post, but he might not be opening all his registered mail right now.

I hope BW can sort himself out and get his career back on track. There's a good player there if he can sort out his off the field issues.

Walton's cameo appearance on 17:50 - May 5 with 1001 viewsswede

I may have missed it right at the end, but did Gerrard Buabo (51) get a medal? He had some substitute appearances.
Walton's cameo appearance on 17:57 - May 5 with 958 viewsSwansea_Blue

If anyone deserved 5 minutes, I thought Clarke did. But then you could make the same argument for Broady, Harness and the Fridge. And ultimately I don’t think any of them mind - such a tight group and secure in knowing they all have a role to play.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Walton's cameo appearance on 18:39 - May 5 with 771 viewsRadlett_blue

Walton's cameo appearance on 17:57 - May 5 by Swansea_Blue

If anyone deserved 5 minutes, I thought Clarke did. But then you could make the same argument for Broady, Harness and the Fridge. And ultimately I don’t think any of them mind - such a tight group and secure in knowing they all have a role to play.

I was playing in a Cup Final years ago & we were winning 4-1 & our captain brought himself off, plus our best player, to give 2 subs a run around. I didn't know exactly how much time was left, but I did absolutely scream at him "what are you doing!"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024