Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) 12:03 - May 6 with 10139 viewsNeedhamChris

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 12:08 - May 7 with 1482 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 08:48 - May 7 by Buhrer

"Furiously" he pressed the buttons on his phone, whilst making three posts on an Internet forum.

I am indeed a bit of a fan of Fabio "The Wheel" Wardley though.

So like you... I'll simply post on a football forum, but that I think the opposite. I'm assuming from your personal approach that you understood my point regardless.

I'm not entirely sure what your point is other than to call actual ITFC supporters "ludicrous bed wetters" or "pissy whiners". If it was the jealousy point, no, I'm not remotely jealous of him being involved in the celebrations. Andy Warren was there also, but no-one's felt the need to comment on that, probably because he's not putting himself front and centre of everything.

All I want is the limelight to be for the players and staff. I have no interest in boxing or Fabio Wardley.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 12:53 - May 7 with 1386 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 00:02 - May 7 by Matt_Netherlands

Tweeting things like whilst being sat at the awards do (and by the looks of it, sat right near or next to Ashton) is a weird move. But still, he raises a fair point tbh.

Just realised the tweet I linked to has been deleted. Basically, was a bit of a spiked reply to someone on Twitter justifying why he was there saying he’s a partner of the club, was invited to be there. Weird thing to be say there tweeting whilst at the awards dinner.
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:36 - May 7 with 1302 viewsmidastouch

He strikes me as a gentleman. Whenever I've spotted him at the club, he's always appeared more than willing to take photos with fans. His last fight showcased his unwavering "never say die" attitude, reminiscent of Town's performance on the pitch this season. As Guthrum mentioned earlier, I bet he's forged some strong friendships with the players and staff. For example, I think Ashton was ringside for his last fight.

Oprah Winfrey famously said, "Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."

Even if the Premier League ITFC limo breaks down next season, I'm confident Fabio will still be around to support the Club.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:41 - May 7 with 1245 viewsNeedhamChris

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:36 - May 7 by midastouch

He strikes me as a gentleman. Whenever I've spotted him at the club, he's always appeared more than willing to take photos with fans. His last fight showcased his unwavering "never say die" attitude, reminiscent of Town's performance on the pitch this season. As Guthrum mentioned earlier, I bet he's forged some strong friendships with the players and staff. For example, I think Ashton was ringside for his last fight.

Oprah Winfrey famously said, "Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down."

Even if the Premier League ITFC limo breaks down next season, I'm confident Fabio will still be around to support the Club.

Is your confidence based on how actively involved he was before we became a limo?

and follow up: do you have 100% confidence in that last sentence if we withdrew our sponsorship of him?
[Post edited 7 May 13:44]

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:48 - May 7 with 1202 viewsmidastouch

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:41 - May 7 by NeedhamChris

Is your confidence based on how actively involved he was before we became a limo?

and follow up: do you have 100% confidence in that last sentence if we withdrew our sponsorship of him?
[Post edited 7 May 13:44]

He sported Ipswich colours and the Town crest during his fight against Nathan Gorman in November 2022—the same month when we drew 1-1 against teams like Cheltenham and Fleetwood! He certainly didn't wait until Premier Promotion to hop on the ITFC bus!

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:50 - May 7 with 1190 viewsNeedhamChris

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:48 - May 7 by midastouch

He sported Ipswich colours and the Town crest during his fight against Nathan Gorman in November 2022—the same month when we drew 1-1 against teams like Cheltenham and Fleetwood! He certainly didn't wait until Premier Promotion to hop on the ITFC bus!

I would hope so given that we were sponsoring him! Would have been a breach of contract if he hadn't...

How about from before he was sponsored?

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:52 - May 7 with 1169 viewsfooters

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:50 - May 7 by NeedhamChris

I would hope so given that we were sponsoring him! Would have been a breach of contract if he hadn't...

He was on the bus.

Sorry but you'll have to get over it eventually. Might as well start now.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:54 - May 7 with 1136 viewsNeedhamChris

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:52 - May 7 by footers

He was on the bus.

Sorry but you'll have to get over it eventually. Might as well start now.

I'm genuinely not as bothered as the conversation suggests - just found it a bit unedifying. It's just a debate of different opinions - and I personally would rather he wasn't front and centre.

Login to get fewer ads

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:56 - May 7 with 1106 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 12:00 - May 7 by footers

Besides, Dolly's not one for incessant downvoting or carrying arguments on for multiple pages for no good reason...

The irony of you stirring the pot here is obviously lost on you.

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:57 - May 7 with 1098 viewsmidastouch

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:50 - May 7 by NeedhamChris

You might question his sincere love of the club, but I'm not. I can't answer for Fabio. Maybe you should ask him yourself.
When you look for the good in others, you discover the best in yourself.

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:57 - May 7 with 1092 viewsfooters

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:56 - May 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

The irony of you stirring the pot here is obviously lost on you.

I don't know what you mean!

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

How very Ipswich for this to be the longest thread on my page currently on 13:57 - May 7 with 1083 viewsDyland

arf

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:59 - May 7 with 1060 viewsNeedhamChris

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:57 - May 7 by midastouch

You might question his sincere love of the club, but I'm not. I can't answer for Fabio. Maybe you should ask him yourself.
When you look for the good in others, you discover the best in yourself.

That's a very wholesome and philosophical way of saying you can't answer because there's little (if any) evidence out there to find.

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:02 - May 7 with 1027 viewsVaughan8

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I remember years ago (probably 5+ years) there was a boxer from the area, up and coming, and he disclosed at Portman Road that he supporter Man Utd and it got some boos around the ground!

Was it this Fabio Wardley?
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:12 - May 7 with 978 viewstractorshark

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:02 - May 7 by Vaughan8

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I remember years ago (probably 5+ years) there was a boxer from the area, up and coming, and he disclosed at Portman Road that he supporter Man Utd and it got some boos around the ground!

Was it this Fabio Wardley?

I imagine it was. He tweeted 10 years ago he was a Man Utd fan.

I’m sure a few fairweather fans have changed their allegiances in the last couple of years as Ipswich have got better. He won’t be the only one.
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:16 - May 7 with 958 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:12 - May 7 by tractorshark

I imagine it was. He tweeted 10 years ago he was a Man Utd fan.

I’m sure a few fairweather fans have changed their allegiances in the last couple of years as Ipswich have got better. He won’t be the only one.

They're not trying to get to the front of every photo op with players and management though.

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:17 - May 7 with 951 viewsmidastouch

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:59 - May 7 by NeedhamChris

That's a very wholesome and philosophical way of saying you can't answer because there's little (if any) evidence out there to find.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/24220582.ipswich-town-fabio-wardley-support-

The bond between Blues and boxer is evident, with plenty of Town fans travelling to the O2 to back their history-making fighter this evening.

“It is special," Wardley said of the connection. "Football fans as a whole, but especially Town fans, once they embrace you, you’re one of their own.

“I definitely feel like that. I’ve loved the club since I was a boy and to share in their success, in terms of what they’re doing, plus be able to move alongside them, doing my own thing but representing them, in the same way they represent the town, is fantastic.”

Wardley's dream is to one day fight at Portman Road, something he and the club have already discussed and are keen to make happen.

-----------
He says he's supported the club since he was a boy. That's good enough for me. You're free to doubt him if you want. You can entertain the idea that he might have been a Manchester United supporter, as someone speculated above, if you wish. And, for clarification, he always fought wearing Ipswich's blue and white colours long before securing sponsorship from the club.

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:19 - May 7 with 936 viewsslade1

The guy is an embarrassment to himself.
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:23 - May 7 with 905 viewsVegtablue

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 13:59 - May 7 by NeedhamChris

I agree with you it's a little unedifying - hadn't appreciated he was front and centre in the team photo on Saturday too, as I was on the Cobbold side at the time. Yet it's still true he joined the journey when we were a well-backed, unsuccessful L1 outfit, if not before. Our rise has been meteoric and I doubt Wardley predicted this (Championship in 1-2 years sure, but not this).

If it's all insincere then that's a shame, but I don't believe he'd be afforded the access he has if the players and staff took exception to it. They appear to all get on well. Has he pinched some of our attention across the celebrations? Evidently some people's, but I doubt most had their attention or joy impacted by even a negligible amount tbh.
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:44 - May 7 with 835 viewstractorshark

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:17 - May 7 by midastouch

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/24220582.ipswich-town-fabio-wardley-support-

The bond between Blues and boxer is evident, with plenty of Town fans travelling to the O2 to back their history-making fighter this evening.

“It is special," Wardley said of the connection. "Football fans as a whole, but especially Town fans, once they embrace you, you’re one of their own.

“I definitely feel like that. I’ve loved the club since I was a boy and to share in their success, in terms of what they’re doing, plus be able to move alongside them, doing my own thing but representing them, in the same way they represent the town, is fantastic.”

Wardley's dream is to one day fight at Portman Road, something he and the club have already discussed and are keen to make happen.

-----------
He says he's supported the club since he was a boy. That's good enough for me. You're free to doubt him if you want. You can entertain the idea that he might have been a Manchester United supporter, as someone speculated above, if you wish. And, for clarification, he always fought wearing Ipswich's blue and white colours long before securing sponsorship from the club.

So if he says he is a United fan, that’s good enough for you as well?

This was doing the rounds again over the weekend when people were getting the hump about the team picture. There are other posts from him about Man United.

At the end of the day, it’s not a massive deal. The club, the players and Fabio can do what they want. But I am allowed to disagree with his showboating over the weekend.

For me, that was largely for the benefit of his own profile and, whether intentional or not, it just took attention away from the people who truly deserved it.
Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 15:05 - May 7 with 770 viewsmidastouch

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 14:44 - May 7 by tractorshark

So if he says he is a United fan, that’s good enough for you as well?

This was doing the rounds again over the weekend when people were getting the hump about the team picture. There are other posts from him about Man United.

At the end of the day, it’s not a massive deal. The club, the players and Fabio can do what they want. But I am allowed to disagree with his showboating over the weekend.

For me, that was largely for the benefit of his own profile and, whether intentional or not, it just took attention away from the people who truly deserved it.

I'm a big boxing fan, and I like the guy. I'm not too worried about his past; I tend to focus on the road ahead rather than the rearview mirror. We've all got skeletons in our cupboards. Although admittedly, Manchester United is a rather big, rattly ol' skeleton! Nonetheless, I'm more than happy to overlook it. And I'm still very pleased Fabio has embraced the light of ITFC.
And like you said, it's not a massive deal.

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 15:16 - May 7 with 730 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 15:05 - May 7 by midastouch

I'm a big boxing fan, and I like the guy. I'm not too worried about his past; I tend to focus on the road ahead rather than the rearview mirror. We've all got skeletons in our cupboards. Although admittedly, Manchester United is a rather big, rattly ol' skeleton! Nonetheless, I'm more than happy to overlook it. And I'm still very pleased Fabio has embraced the light of ITFC.
And like you said, it's not a massive deal.

He's done you up like a kipper there!

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 15:34 - May 7 with 679 viewsmidastouch

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 15:16 - May 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

He's done you up like a kipper there!

I think it's safe to say I lost by a technical knockout! :-)
Not that I expected you to throw the towel in and save me.

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 22:19 - May 7 with 443 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Why is Fabio Wardley on the bus ffs (n/t) on 11:30 - May 7 by itfcjoe

He's told a really vague story about it, which sounded like bobbins, and more likely he trained at the equivalent of a PDC centre like thousands of kids a week do.

Had he been in the actual academy I'm sure a photo of it would have come out by now, or someone who was in it with him would have known and remembered

Sounds spot on.

I think the stick is really getting to him. He should just lay low for a few days and stay off twitter for a week.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024