Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town promotion worth £600m for Suffolk? 10:18 - May 7 with 1318 viewswkj

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2024-05-06/ipswich-promotion-could-bring-600-mil

Seems like a lofty projection, but an interesting read about what COULD be in store for town.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Town promotion worth £600m for Suffolk? on 10:22 - May 7 with 1249 viewsSteve_M

I think about half of that was spent in pubs and off-licences in the town over the weekend....

The success of the football club is a great thing for the town of Ipswich, a place that too many of it's residents do town to an excess, but also the wider county.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Town promotion worth £600m for Suffolk? on 10:28 - May 7 with 1194 viewsGeoffSentence

Doesnt seem that lofty when you think about it.

500,000 extra pounds over 18 home games is about 28,000 extra into the local economy for each home game.

It doesnt take that many extra hotel stays or restaurant meals to eat into that

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Town promotion worth £600m for Suffolk? on 11:07 - May 7 with 1031 viewsGogs

Town promotion worth £600m for Suffolk? on 10:28 - May 7 by GeoffSentence

Doesnt seem that lofty when you think about it.

500,000 extra pounds over 18 home games is about 28,000 extra into the local economy for each home game.

It doesnt take that many extra hotel stays or restaurant meals to eat into that

I think you need to multiply your figures by 1000
Town promotion worth £600m for Suffolk? on 11:19 - May 7 with 957 viewsGeoffSentence

Town promotion worth £600m for Suffolk? on 11:07 - May 7 by Gogs

I think you need to multiply your figures by 1000

Whoops!

ok, when you look at it that way, it is quite lofty.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Town promotion worth £600m for Suffolk? on 11:29 - May 7 with 928 viewsStockholmBlue

This is actually very interesting. I work with this type of calculations in Sweden for many major sporting and musical events, and the importance that events have when it comes to tourism, spending, taxes, etc are enormous.

Ipswich Town FC since 1981

Town promotion worth £600m for Suffolk? on 11:50 - May 7 with 809 viewsDaninthecampo

Town promotion worth £600m for Suffolk? on 11:29 - May 7 by StockholmBlue

This is actually very interesting. I work with this type of calculations in Sweden for many major sporting and musical events, and the importance that events have when it comes to tourism, spending, taxes, etc are enormous.

Haven't read the article but as we've pretty much filled our stadium every week, and I know the away team will get about an extra 1k tickets but that's not going to generate huge amounts more matchday money.
Lots more money for the club with TV revenue etc, it will shed light more on the town but not many people will travel to a new place just because we're in the Prem,unless they have tickets, which as above won't be much more.
Seems rather ambitious numbers?
[Post edited 7 May 11:55]
Town promotion worth £600m for Suffolk? on 11:54 - May 7 with 771 viewsfooters

Dear old footers for one hopes some of this money finds its way to north Suffolk or indeed Far Eastern Suffolk depending on how you look at things.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Town promotion worth £600m for Suffolk? on 12:00 - May 7 with 741 viewsStockholmBlue

Town promotion worth £600m for Suffolk? on 11:50 - May 7 by Daninthecampo

Haven't read the article but as we've pretty much filled our stadium every week, and I know the away team will get about an extra 1k tickets but that's not going to generate huge amounts more matchday money.
Lots more money for the club with TV revenue etc, it will shed light more on the town but not many people will travel to a new place just because we're in the Prem,unless they have tickets, which as above won't be much more.
Seems rather ambitious numbers?
[Post edited 7 May 11:55]

Can’t speculate on the figures mentioned in the article, but key factors are ofcourse percentage of tourists among attendence(not only away supporters, there are also tourists among home supporters). Percentage that overnight among touirists(they spend a lot more) and percentage of daytravellers etc. How long they stay in the area in connection with the visit, etc.

Ipswich Town FC since 1981

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024