Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
that shove on Chappers first half 13:13 - May 7 with 1134 viewsWoolfenthen

blatant penalty, Simon Hooper is a joke
that shove on Chappers first half on 13:15 - May 7 with 1118 viewsRadlett_blue

Disagree. We have had several penalty kicks refused recently where there has been limited contact & IMO these are not penalty kicks, as long as this is applied consistently. Referees DO usually set a higher bar for a penalty kick, as they know many players go down in the box at the slightest hint of a touch.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

that shove on Chappers first half on 13:16 - May 7 with 1111 viewsjoepublic

Is there any footage of the penalty shouts about?

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

that shove on Chappers first half on 14:00 - May 7 with 946 viewsVaughan8

I thought it was a penalty. You can't just do that.

It was confirmed a definitely pen by Goodman saying it definitely wasn't.......
that shove on Chappers first half on 16:29 - May 7 with 738 viewsDurovigutum

As a referee and sitting bang in line with it I am giving that 9 times out of ten.

The two on Hutchinson were not penalties however.

Fortunately it made no difference, and none of the highlights showed it, but friends watching on TV messaged to say it looked blatent.
that shove on Chappers first half on 16:35 - May 7 with 689 viewsNthQldITFC

that shove on Chappers first half on 13:15 - May 7 by Radlett_blue

Disagree. We have had several penalty kicks refused recently where there has been limited contact & IMO these are not penalty kicks, as long as this is applied consistently. Referees DO usually set a higher bar for a penalty kick, as they know many players go down in the box at the slightest hint of a touch.

Hmm. The one on Hutchinson I remember was a very deliberate hand on the attacker by the defender. Hutch was trying to brake in control and over the ball, and the big defender leant on him with what I suspect was a locked arm, transferring his momentum into Hutch (a much lighter player) and the laws of physics dictate that Hutch topples over.

I may be wrong and he felt a touch and went down, but you can use your momentum like that in a challenge to knock someone over without appearing to exert any effort.

There's no need for the defender to lay hands on the attacker like that, and for me it was a penalty. If you let that go you enable heavy defenders to use their momentum to gain an unfair advantage against lighter skilful attackers, i think.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

that shove on Chappers first half on 16:39 - May 7 with 655 viewsDeano69

#LuckyOldIpswich

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

that shove on Chappers first half on 17:01 - May 7 with 585 viewsGeoffSentence

that shove on Chappers first half on 16:29 - May 7 by Durovigutum

As a referee and sitting bang in line with it I am giving that 9 times out of ten.

The two on Hutchinson were not penalties however.

Fortunately it made no difference, and none of the highlights showed it, but friends watching on TV messaged to say it looked blatent.

This one shows the Chappers one.

No attempt to play the ball, just shoves him over.

Dewsbury-Fall gets that every day of the week.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

that shove on Chappers first half on 17:20 - May 7 with 494 viewsZx1988

Other than the Chaplin pen (not close enough to see it, but Chappers' reaction over the next few minutes spoke volumes), I thought Hooper was one of the better refs we've had at PR all season.

More than happy to try and let the game flow, and seemed to be very clear with his signals etc., in terms of what he was blowing for.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Login to get fewer ads

that shove on Chappers first half on 17:30 - May 7 with 465 viewsjayessess

that shove on Chappers first half on 13:15 - May 7 by Radlett_blue

Isn't the solution to potentially giving away a penalty at the "slightest hint of a touch" for the defenders to keep their hands to themselves?

Don't see what rationale there is for defenders being allowed to apply any pressure at all to an attacking player's back with hands.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

that shove on Chappers first half on 17:34 - May 7 with 447 viewsBluebell

No worries next season.

We will have VAR.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024