Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An underrated moment in our season ... 08:24 - May 8 with 1479 viewsSomethingBlue

... was, I think, Kayden Jackson's equaliser at home against Sunderland. We'd been in that (by our standards) sticky patch over Christmas/New Year, looked like dropping out of the top two, didn't have a centre-forward anymore and there certainly looked a danger we might slow down. When Jack Clarke put them in front I remember the vibes around the SBR lower, I've heard them often enough through the years, it was very much "that's that then ..." for a few minutes. Then Jackson makes a nice run behind, finishes well when he needed to and we push on to win that match, by the end the energy around the ground was as high as it had been all season. Nice example of how pretty much every player in that squad came up with a big performance or moment when it was really, really needed.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

An underrated moment in our season ... on 08:27 - May 8 with 1414 viewsbluelagos

I think the two Leicester games were super important. The confidence from going toe to toe with the leaders and matching them (in both games) was massive.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

An underrated moment in our season ... on 09:08 - May 8 with 1273 viewsDinDjarin

Ldapo coming off the bench to score twice v Cardiff after we were 2 - 0 down.
An underrated moment in our season ... on 09:18 - May 8 with 1215 viewsGarv

No striker and no Morsy.

Like you say coming off a dry spell in terms of goals that was a big win.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

An underrated moment in our season ... on 09:25 - May 8 with 1168 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, and to look at squad members they all had their moments - Ladapo v Cardiff, Harness v Birmingham etc

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

An underrated moment in our season ... on 09:28 - May 8 with 1131 viewsTractorCam

With all the drama, Omari's winner against Rotherham after just conceding a last minute equaliser has gone slightly forgotten. Another big moment.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

An underrated moment in our season ... on 09:35 - May 8 with 1036 viewsKeno

An underrated moment in our season ... on 09:28 - May 8 by TractorCam

With all the drama, Omari's winner against Rotherham after just conceding a last minute equaliser has gone slightly forgotten. Another big moment.

The 1-0 away at Southampton was a long time ago but seemed huge at the time

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

An underrated moment in our season ... on 09:49 - May 8 with 970 viewssaffers12

Agree, did feel that game there was a lot of pressure and were struggling at that time
An underrated moment in our season ... on 09:51 - May 8 with 955 viewsellaandred

So many memorable moments this season, I forgot all about Jackson's goal.
Just reminded myself on You Tube.
Great finish
Good post !! These memory joggers are great to remind me of a truly fantastic season.
Login to get fewer ads

An underrated moment in our season ... on 10:12 - May 8 with 835 viewsBloomBlue

Agreed. Although I still feel Broadhead's first goal away against Sunderland in that first game was massive. We looked very nervous in that first half, but had created the better chances, to go in leading 1-0 at half time changed the belief in the players.

Similar was Ladapo v Cardiff, to get that result from the losing position we found ourselves in spread confidence in the team and fans
An underrated moment in our season ... on 10:21 - May 8 with 754 viewsdryas

I agree with Lagos - those two draws against Leicester must have given so much confidence to the squad. At Leicester we dominated that second half IMHO.
An underrated moment in our season ... on 10:42 - May 8 with 661 viewsLankHenners

Think it's worth giving JD a shoutout as well here - was a big part of keeping Sunderland out on the opening day when they were looking pretty relentless. As was mentioned at the time the one occasion they got past him in the 2nd half was just after he'd been laying on the ground for 5 minutes having taken a big whack to the head.

I think Clarke's come on really well in the defensive side of his game (and coincidentally think Sunderland at home showcased that), but maybe a bit of a blessing in disguise that he was unavailable that day as someone of Donacien's ability as a defender got us over the line.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

An underrated moment in our season ... on 12:06 - May 8 with 490 viewsTractorFrog

An underrated moment in our season ... on 10:42 - May 8 by LankHenners

Think it's worth giving JD a shoutout as well here - was a big part of keeping Sunderland out on the opening day when they were looking pretty relentless. As was mentioned at the time the one occasion they got past him in the 2nd half was just after he'd been laying on the ground for 5 minutes having taken a big whack to the head.

I think Clarke's come on really well in the defensive side of his game (and coincidentally think Sunderland at home showcased that), but maybe a bit of a blessing in disguise that he was unavailable that day as someone of Donacien's ability as a defender got us over the line.

I think Janoi Donacien deserves most credit for the fact that this assymetric wing back system initially seemed to be chosen in early 2022 because Donacien played his role so well. In that team with potential but not as brilliant as the current one, I feel the formation was sort of built around Donacien (and to a lesser extent Burns). The signing of Davis was then crucial and now the team feels most built around him, and Clarke eventually could play Donacien’s role even better, but I just think in the second half of 2021/22, this team was built around Janoi Donacien, and now with a similar system it is a Premier League side.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024