Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... 10:50 - May 8 with 2931 viewsBellevue_Blue

I think my stance would be permanent or bust. With the Prem regulations meaning we are unable to register more than two players on loan at any one time, I think it's vitally important we save those two spots for proven Premier League players who we might be able to get at a discounted price.

Additionally, if we are going to give Prem minutes to younger players, I'd much rather we are buying those players and creating value for Ipswich Town as opposed to Chelsea.

Potentially the chance we might be able to negotiate an option to buy which I'd definitely be for. Just not a straight loan.
[Post edited 8 May 11:30]
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:36 - May 8 with 719 viewsGlory_Hunter

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:18 - May 8 by Bellevue_Blue

Yeah so in that case I'd be much more in favour of using our resources to bring in the likes of Jay Stansfield or Ki-Jana Hoever for example who have that experience and can be assets for Ipswich Town. Obviously we would then need that bit of extra experience on top of that.

Another really good example is what Luton have done with Teden Mengi this season. Has played at PL2 level for the past two seasons, signed for Luton in the summe, has proven himself and is now at 10M + Centre Back. Whilst that could be an anomaly, there are equally likely the be players at a number of these academies with similar capabilities.

Jay Stansfield?

I considered him but I, I, I thought better of it.
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:39 - May 8 with 694 viewsPhilTWTD

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:34 - May 8 by ElderGrizzly

A loan to a 'lower end' PL club appears the next step in his career and whether we like it or not, we will be perceived as that next season.

All depends if Chelsea need to sell to avoid financial penalties this summer.

Indeed, I think we'd be the perfect club for him to come to on loan, unless someone less likely to be in a relegation battle is keen. Or Chelsea sell him and his new club has other ideas, of course.
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:40 - May 8 with 682 viewsPhilTWTD

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:33 - May 8 by wkj

Any gossip on us landing our Dutch player for the premier league?

Not yet!
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:40 - May 8 with 682 viewsBlueschev

Another season long loan. When we finish 2nd again next season we'll have all of that Champions League money so will be able to afford the fee.
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:44 - May 8 with 667 viewsipswichtillidie

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:32 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

Yes, record will be broken a few times, almost certainly. Would surprise me if we shopped a lot in the Championship - we saw what happened with Paul Hurst when he took a similar approach of buying from divisions below and the gap to the PL is even larger - but there will certainly be some, and I'm sure they'll look abroad. Think they'll want some Premier League experience as we've got very, very little in the squad as it stands.

Hutchinson seems wholly unrealistic as a permanent signing, think Chelsea would want £20 million for him and there are far bigger clubs than us looking at him. I think the idea him coming back permanently came from comments he made earlier in the season when he was asked about returning on loan next year. He said he'd be interested and it was reported by some sources as wanting to come back full stop, which was interpreted as permanently.

Omari will be an interesting one. I suspect 15-20m isn’t far off and a loan the most likely outcome if he stays as you say. There are a couple of gems in the Championship “if” we can get them I feel and agree some experienced Pros from the Prem will help the younger players massively. I think given Ashtons comments the other day that we will shop abroad although not extensively. Going to be a long summer ahead and a busy time for the site Phil which is great.
Flynn Downes back will be my one attempt as guessing one of our signings. Don’t think West Ham will keep but with a new manager that one may run and run during the window.

Gav

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:48 - May 8 with 637 viewsPhilTWTD

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:44 - May 8 by ipswichtillidie

Omari will be an interesting one. I suspect 15-20m isn’t far off and a loan the most likely outcome if he stays as you say. There are a couple of gems in the Championship “if” we can get them I feel and agree some experienced Pros from the Prem will help the younger players massively. I think given Ashtons comments the other day that we will shop abroad although not extensively. Going to be a long summer ahead and a busy time for the site Phil which is great.
Flynn Downes back will be my one attempt as guessing one of our signings. Don’t think West Ham will keep but with a new manager that one may run and run during the window.

I was thinking about Flynn was well, we showed a bit of interest last summer but I think the money side of bringing him back on loan was too much at the time so we quickly moved on. Obviously loans are limited in the PL, so perhaps a permanent switch might be more likely. Whether he'd want to come back himself, I don't know. Seemed a bit miffed about being booed when here with Southampton, but that imight ultimately not matter.
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 12:09 - May 8 with 549 viewsStewart27

The loan of Omari got us to the premier league.

You can’t have it both ways.
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 12:16 - May 8 with 540 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:48 - May 8 by PhilTWTD

I was thinking about Flynn was well, we showed a bit of interest last summer but I think the money side of bringing him back on loan was too much at the time so we quickly moved on. Obviously loans are limited in the PL, so perhaps a permanent switch might be more likely. Whether he'd want to come back himself, I don't know. Seemed a bit miffed about being booed when here with Southampton, but that imight ultimately not matter.

Would be a good signing.

I'm hoping Southampton don't get promoted for that reason.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 12:27 - May 8 with 492 viewsArnieM

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 10:58 - May 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

Theres a need t be pragmatic.

Of course we would like to create value for Ipswich rather than another club, but in reality any loan is creating value for the parent club.

Proven is good, but I trust KM's judgement, he may well have seen enough to feel that OH has the ability to be better than those proven at other clubs in the Prem.

A so called proven player, is not guaranteed to be more effective than a high quality young player who is used to the team, the manager and the surroundings.

Given we can only loan 2 players and both Omari and Sarmiento are both loanees , as is Moore... Which layer would you choose to loan again if it was possible , and which to buy? Who would be the cheaper to buy Sarmiento or Omari ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 12:48 - May 8 with 441 viewsZapers

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 11:28 - May 8 by OldFart71

It would all hinge on the sort of dosh Chelsea want for Hutchinson. I am really unsure what sort of money he'd command. People more knowledgeable than myself believe Davis to now be worth 20 million. So I'd see Hutchinson around the 15-20 million maybe ?

I often wonder if some people even read the thread. Phil has already stated that it's very unlikely that Chelsea will sell him.

No point in guesstimating, It's clearly extremely unlikely Chelsea will sell, certainly not at the figures you are mentioning.
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 12:54 - May 8 with 430 viewsDinDjarin

Chelsea paid 5m from Arsenal Academy.

No reason we cannot do the same for other promising players?
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 13:13 - May 8 with 405 viewsExiled2Surrey

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 12:16 - May 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

Would be a good signing.

I'm hoping Southampton don't get promoted for that reason.

Isn't Downes on loan at Southampton from West Ham? So the question is then whether he is a Lopetegui type of player? I have no idea the answer to that one...
I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 14:36 - May 8 with 328 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 12:54 - May 8 by DinDjarin

Chelsea paid 5m from Arsenal Academy.

No reason we cannot do the same for other promising players?

Chelsea have the ability to turn the heads of Arsenal academy players more than we do.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I'd be against loaning Omari again ... on 15:11 - May 8 with 278 viewsVegtablue

I don't see any prospect of him signing permanently this summer tbh. He's publicly stated he wants to be the best player in the world, which is ambitious lol but I applaud him for it. If he agrees / pushes to close the Chelsea chapter earlier than needed, I only see him moving to a club that's in the European mix from the outset. Otherwise he surely keeps the elite door open for another season of improvement, hopefully.

I'd love him to return to us on loan though and have hope that could happen, even if it's probably reliant on a pathway not opening up at a higher level, with Chelsea or an overseas club in European competition. If his agent doesn't find this alternative, I'm sure he'd be very happy to join up with us again and I think we'd struggle to find two better loan options; he's improving all the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024