Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Natalie Elphicke... 13:14 - May 8 with 7939 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Can't Starmer just refuse to take her and send her back to the swivel-eyed nut-job benches?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Natalie Elphicke... on 19:25 - May 8 with 1152 viewslowhouseblue

Natalie Elphicke... on 19:19 - May 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Further privatisation of the NHS, that sort of stuff right Lowers mate?

if that's what you want your best bet is to keep the tories in power. probably help to find a way to stop their mps defecting perhaps, mate?
[Post edited 8 May 19:47]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Natalie Elphicke... on 19:49 - May 8 with 1078 viewsBlueBadger

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:06 - May 8 by lowhouseblue

you really don't want a starmer government do you. the stronger the party gets the more unhappy you become. fingers crossed that galloway will put someone up for you to waste your vote on.

How's the weather there in Stockholm? Honestly mate, Cameron's Tories with a red rosette is not the radical change this country needs.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Natalie Elphicke... on 19:56 - May 8 with 1052 viewslowhouseblue

Natalie Elphicke... on 19:49 - May 8 by BlueBadger

How's the weather there in Stockholm? Honestly mate, Cameron's Tories with a red rosette is not the radical change this country needs.

how's that corbyn government working out for you? enjoying the free broadband?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Natalie Elphicke... on 19:59 - May 8 with 1040 viewsDJR

I was going to joke that Labour would be courting Farage next, but it's not as farfetched as you might think.

[John McDonnell] expressed alarm when told [on LBC] that, at his post-PMQs briefing, Starmer’s spokesperson would not rule out Labour letting Nigel Farage join the party. He was responding to a question about whether the former Ukip leader would also be allowed in.

Even though the possibility of Farage wanting to join Labour is probably zero, or lower, when told by Marr about the briefing McDonnell said:

I don’t know who that Labour spokesperson was but they need a proper briefing on what Labour history is and what Labour values are. And we’re certainly not allowing into the party the likes of Nigel Farage who’s been nothing as far as I’m concerned [but] the major cause of division of society.
Natalie Elphicke... on 20:04 - May 8 with 1008 viewsgiant_stow

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:16 - May 8 by Herbivore

Proudly trumpeting that you have no principles isn't the flex you think it is, mate.

thats not what he said, being fair about it.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Natalie Elphicke... on 20:05 - May 8 with 1003 viewsDJR

The crazy thing with this is that Labour accept into the party a fairly extreme member of a different party, whilst at the same time preventing people from standing for office for things like liking a tweet by Caroline Lucas.

https://www.voice-online.co.uk/news/uk-news/2022/10/15/uproar-as-labour-block-ac
[Post edited 8 May 20:07]
Natalie Elphicke... on 20:27 - May 8 with 944 viewsfooters

Natalie Elphicke... on 20:04 - May 8 by giant_stow

Not literally but it neatly sums his 'politics' and leftist credentials up.

Ever wonder why he's bezzies with the board's Tory fanboy?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Natalie Elphicke... on 20:33 - May 8 with 936 viewsKievthegreat

Login to get fewer ads

Natalie Elphicke... on 20:40 - May 8 with 925 viewsBlueschev

Natalie Elphicke... on 19:23 - May 8 by Swansea_Blue

Because the ‘game’ of politics to them is the only thing that matters from what I’ve seen. They are FAR more interested in sticking it to the other side than they are in improving things for the people of these lands, and it’s getting worse. There’s some reasoning in that though, as if you don’t win an election you’ve got very little chance of changing much (bar their committee work). So they need a ruthless streak and have to play games like today, but they shouldn’t also lose sight of what people expect them to stand for. The second part is getting forgotten a bit. Starmer’s Labour is looking less and less a Labour Party as the months roll by (although a harder line immigration stance would be traditional working class).

So it seems that all the arguing on here is comparing apples to pears. It’s not a case of Labour choosing between playing politics to damage the opposition OR sticking to their political principles. It’s not that one is better than the other. They need to find a way to do both, or it’ll further undermine confidence in politics as a whole. If you know a party or an MP won’t stand by their principles and (manifesto) pledges, what’s the point of even voting? If they can’t win, what’s the point of voting for them too.
[Post edited 8 May 19:27]

It’s very much like comparing apples to pairs. Slightly different shape, but look, smell and taste very similar indeed.
Natalie Elphicke... on 21:00 - May 8 with 891 viewsHerbivore

Natalie Elphicke... on 20:04 - May 8 by giant_stow

Read his posts in this thread, mate. I'm being fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Natalie Elphicke... on 21:16 - May 8 with 854 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Natalie Elphicke... on 19:25 - May 8 by lowhouseblue

if that's what you want your best bet is to keep the tories in power. probably help to find a way to stop their mps defecting perhaps, mate?
[Post edited 8 May 19:47]

Lowers meet Wes, Wes meet Lowers.
Your mate Tony has plenty of form too.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Natalie Elphicke... on 21:32 - May 8 with 821 viewsfooters

Natalie Elphicke... on 21:16 - May 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Lowers meet Wes, Wes meet Lowers.
Your mate Tony has plenty of form too.

I heard what the NHS needs is more privitisation

That'll sort it.

Natalie Elphicke... on 21:36 - May 8 with 814 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A former shadow minister said: “Many of us didn’t fight Momentum only to see our leader welcome Reform in the front door.”

One Labour MP said there was significant anger among some women in the party about the decision to admit Elphicke. “Most of us on the backbenches struggle to get any contact at all from the Labour leader or his team – perhaps if we were to stand in front of a few more flags or join the [European Research Group]?”

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Natalie Elphicke... on 21:40 - May 8 with 800 viewspointofblue

Natalie Elphicke... on 21:36 - May 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

A former shadow minister said: “Many of us didn’t fight Momentum only to see our leader welcome Reform in the front door.”

One Labour MP said there was significant anger among some women in the party about the decision to admit Elphicke. “Most of us on the backbenches struggle to get any contact at all from the Labour leader or his team – perhaps if we were to stand in front of a few more flags or join the [European Research Group]?”

Perhaps the female MPs should deflect to the Conservatives, give it a week, and then return? They may get attention then.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Natalie Elphicke... on 21:48 - May 8 with 783 viewsZx1988

An interesting alternative opinion on the reasoning/strategy behind welcoming Elphicke:

I don't really know how true this rings, but it's far from the first time I've seen commentators referring to Starmer as wanting to be the next Attlee.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Natalie Elphicke... on 21:53 - May 8 with 769 viewsfooters

Natalie Elphicke... on 21:48 - May 8 by Zx1988

An interesting alternative opinion on the reasoning/strategy behind welcoming Elphicke:

I don't really know how true this rings, but it's far from the first time I've seen commentators referring to Starmer as wanting to be the next Attlee.

"the next Attlee"

AHAHAHAAHAHA

Natalie Elphicke... on 22:12 - May 8 with 732 viewsBlueBadger

Natalie Elphicke... on 19:56 - May 8 by lowhouseblue

how's that corbyn government working out for you? enjoying the free broadband?

I'm on the record with my views on the Dear Leader mate. Bloke's an incompetent bigot. Doesn't mean that we should defend Labour happily accepting the likes of Elphicke and Poulter into their ranks tho.

It's like being happy you've signed Lee Bowyer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Natalie Elphicke... on 22:29 - May 8 with 695 viewsmalbec_blue

Natalie Elphicke... on 20:27 - May 8 by footers

Not literally but it neatly sums his 'politics' and leftist credentials up.

Ever wonder why he's bezzies with the board's Tory fanboy?

Seems about right tbf.
Natalie Elphicke... on 22:30 - May 8 with 693 viewsmalbec_blue

Natalie Elphicke... on 18:02 - May 8 by Herbivore

Is having principles not a priority in politics? Not for you or either of the main parties it seems.

It's almost like that Darth bloke had a point.
Natalie Elphicke... on 23:00 - May 8 with 651 viewslowhouseblue

Natalie Elphicke... on 22:12 - May 8 by BlueBadger

I'm on the record with my views on the Dear Leader mate. Bloke's an incompetent bigot. Doesn't mean that we should defend Labour happily accepting the likes of Elphicke and Poulter into their ranks tho.

It's like being happy you've signed Lee Bowyer.

this is how it works. elphicke knows her career has only months left. she wants, as she leaves, to inflict as much damage on sunak as she possibly can. to enable that starmer lets her sit on the opposition benches and has his photo taken with her. she will never attend a meeting of the plp, never mix with labour mps, never see starmer again, never run as a labour candidate, and probably spend minimal time in the house between now and the election. she has damaged sunak, and starmer has maximised the sense of chaos and collapse surrounding the government. what's not to like? it's a publicity stunt. it's really not complicated - she isn't, and does not want to be, involved in labour in any other way. people would only get precious about this because they want to attack starmer. the only beneficiaries of attacks on starmer are the tories.

Natalie Elphicke... on 23:49 - May 8 with 592 viewsBlueBadger

Natalie Elphicke... on 23:00 - May 8 by lowhouseblue

this is how it works. elphicke knows her career has only months left. she wants, as she leaves, to inflict as much damage on sunak as she possibly can. to enable that starmer lets her sit on the opposition benches and has his photo taken with her. she will never attend a meeting of the plp, never mix with labour mps, never see starmer again, never run as a labour candidate, and probably spend minimal time in the house between now and the election. she has damaged sunak, and starmer has maximised the sense of chaos and collapse surrounding the government. what's not to like? it's a publicity stunt. it's really not complicated - she isn't, and does not want to be, involved in labour in any other way. people would only get precious about this because they want to attack starmer. the only beneficiaries of attacks on starmer are the tories.

Go to bed centrist dad, you're drunk.

Natalie Elphicke... on 00:11 - May 9 with 560 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Natalie Elphicke... on 14:00 - May 8 by NthQldITFC

ah, but will she be a Boon to the left.

It will be a Rocky* ride, for sure!

Ho-ho! Or should that be "Hi Ho! (Silver)"

I loved Boon- it was the Brummie Minder. Almost completely ripped off the whole format, right down to the bald bloke who ran the bar who was the only one they could trust. But in Boon, it was a hotel.

A friend had their wedding reception there in about 1996, and they still had framed photos of the cast up in the reception area.

* Neil Morrissey's character, Boon's sidekick.
Natalie Elphicke... on 01:08 - May 9 with 541 viewsClapham_Junction

My favourite bit was the fact that she has been given a role advising Labour on housing policy - anyone who has read Private Eye in the last couple of years will know why!
Natalie Elphicke... on 03:22 - May 9 with 516 viewsZapers

Natalie Elphicke... on 23:49 - May 8 by BlueBadger

Go to bed centrist dad, you're drunk.

The usual resort to abuse, just because he's smart enough to work it out.

What you want, and others like footers, Herb and slave is never going to happen in the UK.
Natalie Elphicke... on 06:58 - May 9 with 446 viewsGlasgowBlue

Natalie Elphicke... on 13:38 - May 8 by itfcjoe

Yep, not exactly a stellar history there for the instant little boost it gives p155ing off the opposition

In fairness it seems to have upset the right people.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024