Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? 17:13 - May 10 with 11091 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Lot of boycotting. Israel televote landslide victory incoming and the future of Eurovision to be put into huge doubt in the aftermath. Chaos.

They’re 2/1 now to win outright after being 40/1 yesterday lunchtime before the semi final vote in Italy was leaked. The Dutch bloke being likely kicked out for punching one of the Israeli delegation today too for mocking his dead dad adds to the shenanigans.

It’s always political. We all know that. But this is way worse this year. The Israeli singer was booed throughout and yet the crowd noise was muzzled and replaced with fake cheers over the tv which seems to have increased the tensions.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:15 - May 10 with 3814 viewsJ2BLUE

I think we should let Russia enter.

It's everything Putin hates.

Are Israel really going to win the vote? I thought they would get hammered

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:16 - May 10 with 3819 viewsWacko

Apparently the only reason Israel got such a big vote was because they came directly after Italy’s performance and the Italians mistakenly thought they were voting for their home gal. So I wouldn’t read too much into the odds if they reflect that

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:25 - May 10 with 3753 viewsMK1

Why isn't it called Eurosound?
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:27 - May 10 with 3727 viewsNthQldITFC

I'd rather have a season ticket at Carrow Road, and be contractually obliged to use it. In person.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:30 - May 10 with 3702 viewsHerbivore

Eurovision is absolute dogsh!t.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:30 - May 10 with 3710 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:16 - May 10 by Wacko

Apparently the only reason Israel got such a big vote was because they came directly after Italy’s performance and the Italians mistakenly thought they were voting for their home gal. So I wouldn’t read too much into the odds if they reflect that

I read the main Eurovision forum and genuinely haven’t heard that theory. Surely the Italians would know they can’t vote for their own act?

Italy performed in the semi final but were automatic qualifiers anyway so nobody would vote for them when it would be pointless and impossible. I’m doubtful tbf.

The rumour mill is that the pro Israel community around Europe who don’t watch Eurovision have united in a campaign to vote for the Israeli girl. It’s a coordinated f-u to the protests in support of Palestine outside her hotel and the decision to let Israel participate this year.

Unfortately, the likes of Tommy Robinson etc are tweeting about it too (‘the lefties and the queers’) so his mob will also be voting Israel now it appears.

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:30 - May 10 with 3700 viewsMK1

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:27 - May 10 by NthQldITFC

I'd rather have a season ticket at Carrow Road, and be contractually obliged to use it. In person.

As toilet roll.
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:32 - May 10 with 3694 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:30 - May 10 by Herbivore

Eurovision is absolute dogsh!t.

That’s your opinion.

I don’t post about my thoughts on the singing etc on here as it’s unnecessary grief. And people would jump all over it like you just did.

But in this case, seeing as it’s now made mainstream news this controversy, and d**kheads like Tommy Robinson are tweeting about it, it seemed worthy of a discussion. If that’s ok with you?

Login to get fewer ads

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:34 - May 10 with 3651 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:27 - May 10 by NthQldITFC

Again. Another one who doesn’t realise what the thread is about.

I’m not asking for people’s thoughts on the semi finals this year or tomorrow’s final or the singers. But instead about the chaos and the controversy that has occurred politically with the Isreal situation.

Could be utter chaos tomorrow night. Could have half the counties boycotting (UK included) if Joost (the Dutch singer who spoke up yesterday and then seemingly had an altercation with one of the Israeli delegation mocking his dead dad) is kicked out as appears to be the case.

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:37 - May 10 with 3637 viewsgiant_stow

I saw via twitter, the protestors outside the Isreali girl's hotel - can't have been nice. All seems to have gone to plop with the dutch fella.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 18:11 - May 10 with 3494 viewsHerbivore

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:32 - May 10 by The_Romford_Blue

That’s your opinion.

I don’t post about my thoughts on the singing etc on here as it’s unnecessary grief. And people would jump all over it like you just did.

But in this case, seeing as it’s now made mainstream news this controversy, and d**kheads like Tommy Robinson are tweeting about it, it seemed worthy of a discussion. If that’s ok with you?

You can discuss what you like, mate, and I can offer my opinion as I like too. That's what the forum is for.

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 18:26 - May 10 with 3429 viewsWacko

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:30 - May 10 by The_Romford_Blue

I read the main Eurovision forum and genuinely haven’t heard that theory. Surely the Italians would know they can’t vote for their own act?

Italy performed in the semi final but were automatic qualifiers anyway so nobody would vote for them when it would be pointless and impossible. I’m doubtful tbf.

The rumour mill is that the pro Israel community around Europe who don’t watch Eurovision have united in a campaign to vote for the Israeli girl. It’s a coordinated f-u to the protests in support of Palestine outside her hotel and the decision to let Israel participate this year.

Unfortately, the likes of Tommy Robinson etc are tweeting about it too (‘the lefties and the queers’) so his mob will also be voting Israel now it appears.

You may be right. But this co-ordinated f-up isn't really that big a deal as the public vote is only 50% of the total. I can imagine the juries countering that strongly

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 18:31 - May 10 with 3405 viewsPlums

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:30 - May 10 by The_Romford_Blue

I thought Yaxley-Lennon and his ilk weren't in favour of politics and sport mixing. Perhaps music is held to a different standard by the master race?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 18:45 - May 10 with 3353 viewsVanSaParody

I have a sneaking suspicion that the songs being sung outside the venue are better than anything you'll hear inside the venue
Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 18:54 - May 10 with 3312 viewsMullet

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 18:11 - May 10 by Herbivore

You can discuss what you like, mate, and I can offer my opinion as I like too. That's what the forum is for.

I cannot wait for Eurovision. Snacks to be decided tomorrow. Will be almost as good as last weekend!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 19:13 - May 10 with 3253 viewsHerbivore

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 18:54 - May 10 by Mullet

I cannot wait for Eurovision. Snacks to be decided tomorrow. Will be almost as good as last weekend!

I mean, at least you've taken a step up from The Smiths.

I want Johnny Logan to win.... on 19:15 - May 10 with 3242 viewsBloots

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 18:54 - May 10 by Mullet

....or Bardot.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 19:16 - May 10 with 3234 viewsNthQldITFC

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 17:34 - May 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Again. Another one who doesn’t realise what the thread is about.

I’m not asking for people’s thoughts on the semi finals this year or tomorrow’s final or the singers. But instead about the chaos and the controversy that has occurred politically with the Isreal situation.

Could be utter chaos tomorrow night. Could have half the counties boycotting (UK included) if Joost (the Dutch singer who spoke up yesterday and then seemingly had an altercation with one of the Israeli delegation mocking his dead dad) is kicked out as appears to be the case.

Apologies Rommers, you're right, I didn't actually read your post, only the title. It won't happen again (although it probably will).

So it might be worth tuning in with the sound off to see if it all kicks off?

I'm out tomorrow night.... on 19:18 - May 10 with 3216 viewsBloots

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 19:16 - May 10 by NthQldITFC

Apologies Rommers, you're right, I didn't actually read your post, only the title. It won't happen again (although it probably will).

So it might be worth tuning in with the sound off to see if it all kicks off?

....but I'm gonna tape it.

(yes, I still say "tape it". Deal with it)

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 20:49 - May 10 with 3092 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How was their neighbour Lebanon's entry recieved?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 20:54 - May 10 with 3066 viewsSwansea_Blue

No interest in it whatsoever, but is anything free from Israel/Palestine tribalism these days? (And I don’t get that either).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:00 - May 10 with 3033 viewsIPSWICHINIO

According to Swedish media, the Dutch contestant may get kicked because he allegedly assaulted a female who was working on the production crew and it has nothing to do with Israel.
I'm out tomorrow night.... on 21:03 - May 10 with 3010 viewsNthQldITFC

I'm out tomorrow night.... on 19:18 - May 10 by Bloots

....but I'm gonna tape it.

(yes, I still say "tape it". Deal with it)

I might just listen to it on the wireless with the sound turned off.

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:08 - May 10 with 2988 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 21:00 - May 10 by IPSWICHINIO

According to Swedish media, the Dutch contestant may get kicked because he allegedly assaulted a female who was working on the production crew and it has nothing to do with Israel.

I'm sure within the hour social media will be awash with speculation that the female member of the production crew is secretly a Mossad agent. Or she ate a bagel once. Or she owns a Barbra Streisand album.

No Jews = No News.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 23:16 - May 10 with 2783 viewsClapham_Junction

Eurovison - Anyone followed it this week? on 20:49 - May 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

How was their neighbour Lebanon's entry recieved?

Lebanon is eligible to enter Eurovision (and were planning to in 2005) but haven't been allowed as they refuse to show the Israeli entry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024