Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone remember 12:15 - May 12 with 1030 viewsDeepBlueSea

Neil Thompson’s free kick against Portsmouth I think? I have in my head that he made it 3-2, but might have been 2-1. He had a decent left peg on him. Did Taricco take his place in the team or am I mixing eras?
Anyone remember on 12:19 - May 12 with 1010 viewsgainsboroughblue

You are pretty much right.

The Pompey free-kick was 3-2. Great hit. He played a handful of games in 95-96, leaving for Barnsley midway through I think. By which time, Treacle had nailed down the left back spot.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Anyone remember on 12:20 - May 12 with 1001 viewssmithy69

Neil Thompson’s left peg was a thing Of wonder
Anyone remember on 12:25 - May 12 with 979 viewsDeepBlueSea

Anyone remember on 12:19 - May 12 by gainsboroughblue

The Pompey free-kick was 3-2. Great hit. He played a handful of games in 95-96, leaving for Barnsley midway through I think. By which time, Treacle had nailed down the left back spot.

Ah, thanks for the info, mate.

I often wonder which piece of actually important information my brain elected to get rid of, in order to keep the Thompson memory available!
Anyone remember on 12:31 - May 12 with 969 viewsgainsboroughblue

Anyone remember on 12:25 - May 12 by DeepBlueSea

Ah, thanks for the info, mate.

I often wonder which piece of actually important information my brain elected to get rid of, in order to keep the Thompson memory available!

He still managed to play in the Prem (after he left) before Treacle though so there is that crumb of comfort! 2 or 3 games before being shipped out to York City.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Anyone remember on 13:14 - May 12 with 922 viewsSteve_M

Anyone remember on 12:19 - May 12 by gainsboroughblue

There was another free kick, in a cup tie at Fratton Park I think, in a 1-0 win.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone remember on 13:49 - May 12 with 893 viewsFifeITFC

[Post edited 12 May 13:50]

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Anyone remember on 14:01 - May 12 with 849 viewsStevieH

Anyone remember on 13:14 - May 12 by Steve_M

There was another free kick, in a cup tie at Fratton Park I think, in a 1-0 win.

Free kick 0:45

Anyone remember on 14:41 - May 12 with 815 viewsBluespeed225

Anyone remember on 13:49 - May 12 by FifeITFC

I was not far from the low camera angle, North end of the west lower in those days. His corners were a weapon, and the 'half an Omari' celebration defied the laws of physics as his arse should have actually acted as a counter weight, but once over the apex it increased the speed of rotation.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone remember on 14:55 - May 12 with 783 viewsAsa

I was right behind that free kick. If the net wasn’t there it would have hit me.

One of three goals that have been absolutely right towards me. That, Celina’s chip v Crewe and McGugan’s ridiculous free kick at Forest.

Knew the second Thommo hit that it was going in. Such a quality strike.
Anyone remember on 15:03 - May 12 with 758 viewsDeepBlueSea

Anyone remember on 13:49 - May 12 by FifeITFC

Amazing @FifeITFC, I had no idea the video existed!
Anyone remember on 19:01 - May 12 with 638 viewsRadlett_blue

Anyone remember on 12:31 - May 12 by gainsboroughblue

He still managed to play in the Prem (after he left) before Treacle though so there is that crumb of comfort! 2 or 3 games before being shipped out to York City.

Thompson was 33 when he left us so surely in the Autumn of his career. If we can get through a thread about him without anyone mentioning that he used to be a nappy salesman I'll be happy!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anyone remember on 23:19 - May 12 with 537 viewsCoastalblue

Anyone remember on 19:01 - May 12 by Radlett_blue

Thompson was 33 when he left us so surely in the Autumn of his career. If we can get through a thread about him without anyone mentioning that he used to be a nappy salesman I'll be happy!

I literally just logged in to say do you mean former nappy salesman Neil Thompson?

He's at Wendies now isn't he?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anyone remember on 07:42 - May 13 with 454 viewsChurchman

‘Decent left peg’? Too right he did. Thompson had a howitzer of a shot on him. Took a good corner too.

Neil was a proper, steady full back. He made over 200 appearances and scored the odd cracking goal. The one at Southend in 92 leaps to mind along with that killer goal at Norwich in the Sky game that year.

Good player.
Anyone remember on 08:03 - May 13 with 430 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone remember on 14:01 - May 12 by StevieH

Free kick 0:45

How spindly are the posts and bar at Fratton Park then?!

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone remember on 10:20 - May 13 with 375 viewsBluespeed225

Anyone remember on 08:03 - May 13 by ITFC_Forever

How spindly are the posts and bar at Fratton Park then?!

Worth posting on the FB 'goal nets and stanchions' page thats enjoyed by some of us on here! The home goal also includes the white sticks which feature a lot on there. We do get derided for them, but would get extra credit for the ball staying in the net.
Anyone remember on 12:05 - May 13 with 330 viewswkj

Slightly related, I used to sit behind the goal just above crossbar level in the Churchman's. I used to fear for my life when Mark Venus was taking a freekick toward us.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024