Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today 14:49 - May 12 with 4511 viewssmithy69

How would you spend it

Who would they be, and why. We aren’t going to be paying people 50k a week IMO so salary has To be sensible aswell

For me it would be Ben Sheaf and Flynn Downes. Some legs In the middle of the park as we look to the future. Think they would both learn alot of Morsy aswell
[Post edited 12 May 14:52]
If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 20:46 - May 12 with 921 viewssmithy69

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 19:54 - May 12 by BloomBlue

But Downes is on 50k a week at West Ham

He isn’t on 50k a week. No where near that
If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 22:39 - May 12 with 838 viewsReusersTown

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 15:39 - May 12 by Herbivore

We were going nowhere in League 1, hardly surprising he was interested in leaving to join Palace. I don't see that as a reason to not go back in for him now.

He was a complete pr*ck the way he went about it, seemed like he was trying to get sent off practically every game, to the point he ended up injuring himself!
If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 07:09 - May 13 with 761 viewsBloomBlue

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 20:46 - May 12 by smithy69

He isn’t on 50k a week. No where near that

2 things:

If people believe Nketiah is on £100k a week at Arsenal as reported, then Downs will be around £50k a week at West Ham. No agent would allow much less.

Rhodes, when he moved to Boro he demanded prem wages and was on £30k a week, and that was in 2016. Prem wages have increased since then.
If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 07:46 - May 13 with 737 viewshatch

I’d get us either two CBs or a CB and a RB. Our defence needs upgrading more than our midfield and attacking options.

Not sure on who though - Adam Webster is a ball playing defender who could be fading from the picture a little at Brighton?

Jayden Boyle at right back?
If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 07:52 - May 13 with 727 viewstextbackup

Hamer and Walker-peters

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 07:55 - May 13 with 712 viewsjoepublic

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 07:52 - May 13 by textbackup

Hamer and Walker-peters

I was going to say Hayden Hackney and Latte Lath from Borough but I actually prefer your two.

Poll: If you had to choose one other team to join us in the automatic places?

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 08:05 - May 13 with 699 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sheaf and summerville.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 09:53 - May 13 with 631 viewsRimsy

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 15:36 - May 12 by ITFCMonk

Hutchinson & Sarmiento.

We all know why

This. We know what we'd be getting.

BlueBlood

Login to get fewer ads

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 09:54 - May 13 with 624 viewsHerbivore

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 08:05 - May 13 by FrimleyBlue

Sheaf and summerville.

Doubt you'd get both for £30m, think Summerville will go for about that on his own.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 09:57 - May 13 with 613 viewsKieran_Knows

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 07:55 - May 13 by joepublic

I was going to say Hayden Hackney and Latte Lath from Borough but I actually prefer your two.

Hackney's a good shout to be fair. Could definitely see him being someone we would be interested in.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 09:59 - May 13 with 605 viewsKieran_Knows

Spend the bulk of it on Omari, and then get in touch with Arsenal and see if they'll let us have Smith-Rowe on loan for the season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 10:10 - May 13 with 579 viewsrickw

#1 Omari
#2 Downes - if Southampton don't go up as if they do I guess he'd prefer to stay there. If not then Sheaf

Also Ashton will have to work his magic to get both for 30m, but Hirst was 1/6th the price of Ellis Simms so it's not beyond him!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 10:26 - May 13 with 556 viewscrouchendyachtclub

Brereton Diaz
Hamer
Sheaf
Downes
Rodon
Hutchinson

All players I think we should (and probably do) have at least a passing interest in.

I've enjoyed Sinclair Armstrong and Latte Lath this season too but not quite sure that Armstrong at least fits what we need.

I think we have major gaps through the middle of the park and will need to strengthen CM, CB and RB at a minimum to sure up at the back. Can see us spending about £50m total. Luton went up and spent £20m which I would see as the baseline but they have also spent on ground, have a smaller fan base and are less commercially evolved than we are so can definitely see MA spending more so long as it's all budgeted.

Next years target is surely a double header, stay in the league but also show enough ambition that McKenna feels like he can still achieve his goals with us, rather than feeling the pull of a Brighton, Everton or West Ham at some point.
If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 14:39 - May 13 with 442 viewsMVBlue

Wily Boly - Nottingham Forest
Cédric Kipré D - West Brom
Jacob Greaves - Hull

My money would go on defenders
and Hutchinson and a striker/Kieffer Moore signed

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/statistics/players/best-football-players/ba

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 15:20 - May 13 with 412 viewstextbackup

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 07:55 - May 13 by joepublic

It’s very likely yours would be better, because I’ve proved myself time after time that I know very little about football 😂

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 15:45 - May 13 with 378 viewsPilgrimblue

If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 20:24 - May 12 by Herbivore

If Saints don't go up and we go in for him, absolutely he'd join us.

My money is on Saints going up so no point in discussing.

I’m sure we’ve already targeted the players we want and leave the loans for now
If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 15:49 - May 13 with 359 viewsParky

Ben Johnson on a free after being released from West Ham, as I think right-back is probably our weakest area for the Prem and then spend the rest of your budget on Hutchinson!
If you had £30m to spend on 2 players today on 16:26 - May 13 with 320 viewsOldFart71

If for instance you spent a significant amount on Hutchinson you would have to be sure he could perform to the same level in the Premier League therefore I wouldn't spend more than half, 15 million on him. Sarmiento whilst having done great for us has been a bit part player and his full potential may not be to the fore yet and as such a figure of sub 10 million. Unless we have our sights on a few loan players or cheaper one's from a lower division or from abroad I think another 10 mill may have to be added to the 30 mill.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024