Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich fans arrested? 17:21 - May 12 with 7929 viewsArmaghBlue

Norwich fans arrested? on 21:57 - May 12 with 1946 viewsGeoffSentence

Norwich fans arrested? on 17:24 - May 12 by Swansea_Blue

Glad they’ve got the ****ers

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/583970/yikes/#5

Looks like a bit of hyperbole there. These chaps are probably more reliable

https://www.norfolk.police.uk/news/norfolk/news/news/2024/may/two-arrested-after

"The incident happened shortly after 2pm today (Sunday 12 May 2024) when a man aged in his 60s reported being punched outside Norwich City FC’s stadium in Carrow Road. An object is also believed to have been thrown at the victim who suffered a cut to his chin.

The victim was seen by paramedics at the scene and did not require further medical treatment."

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Norwich fans arrested? on 22:19 - May 12 with 1867 viewsSitfcB

Norwich fans arrested? on 21:19 - May 12 by BLUEBEAT

Those police orifices appear to doing a really good job of guarding their van.

I’d say they’re guarding the people that are in the van.

No mention of a knife/stabbing btw..

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Norwich fans arrested? on 22:56 - May 12 with 1791 viewsLord_Lucan

Norwich fans arrested? on 22:19 - May 12 by SitfcB

Plus this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c51n4v7mvzmo
[Post edited 12 May 23:01]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Norwich fans arrested? on 07:18 - May 13 with 1556 viewsBluespeed225

Norwich fans arrested? on 20:01 - May 12 by ArnieM

Having been too carrot rood many a time, (but I stopped going a few years ago as was fed up with the agro and sh it poor policing of the home morons). So todays incident doesn’t surprise me at all. All I would say is, the return game at Elland Road will not be for the feint hearted amongst the scum fans. They may now get more than they bargain for.

The policing is the problem up there, they have no' firm' to worry about, but the police allow a lot of little scrotes to abuse family types etc from the safety of being behind their line. Could come back to haunt them.
Norwich fans arrested? on 08:30 - May 13 with 1474 viewsArnieM

Norwich fans arrested? on 07:18 - May 13 by Bluespeed225

The policing is the problem up there, they have no' firm' to worry about, but the police allow a lot of little scrotes to abuse family types etc from the safety of being behind their line. Could come back to haunt them.

Yes that’s exactly my personal experience of them. The last game I went to up there we were attacked by a group of scum fans brandishing scaffold poles as we queues to get into the station. The copper standing facing us, actually pulled out her baton and challenged US! When the scum fans charged us and one or two Town fans reacted. I wish to this day I’d taken a photo of the absurd situation confronting us which was a group of narwich fans charging a line of wiring Town fans, seeming “led” by a police officer discharging a baton! At no point did this officer turn to disburse the scum group! Leaving the ground to get to the station I couldn’t believe how close the scum fans were allowed to get to the Town fans , all stood behind a thin line of police, at no point being moved on. Ridiculous situation in my view.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwich fans arrested? on 11:17 - May 13 with 1326 viewsleitrimblue

Norwich fans arrested? on 21:19 - May 12 by BLUEBEAT

Those police orifices appear to doing a really good job of guarding their van.

You can mock, but their doing a great job. There hasn't been a report of police van stolen in Norfolk for years now.
Norwich fans arrested? on 12:51 - May 13 with 1209 viewsGeoffSentence

Norwich fans arrested? on 22:19 - May 12 by SitfcB

There are two arrestees behind the police cordon.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Norwich fans arrested? on 13:46 - May 13 with 1117 viewsnoggin

So the old fella wasn't shanked then?

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich fans arrested? on 13:46 - May 13 with 1118 viewsPlums

Norwich fans arrested? on 22:56 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

Plus this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c51n4v7mvzmo
[Post edited 12 May 23:01]

Unfortunately a huge proportion of the people who have got worked up by that original Twitter post with the guy covered in blood won't have heard or seen the police statement.

"A lie will travel half way round the world before the truth has got its boots on" or something like that.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Norwich fans arrested? on 13:51 - May 13 with 1099 viewsbluelagos

Norwich fans arrested? on 13:46 - May 13 by Plums

Unfortunately a huge proportion of the people who have got worked up by that original Twitter post with the guy covered in blood won't have heard or seen the police statement.

"A lie will travel half way round the world before the truth has got its boots on" or something like that.

I've seen a couple of people on SM stating that the guy should be done for "attempted murder" ffs

As ever the desperation to be outraged is stronger than any desire to actually find out the facts before jumping in with both feet and jumping to a conclusion.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Norwich fans arrested? on 13:54 - May 13 with 1078 viewsnoggin

Norwich fans arrested? on 13:51 - May 13 by bluelagos

I've seen a couple of people on SM stating that the guy should be done for "attempted murder" ffs

As ever the desperation to be outraged is stronger than any desire to actually find out the facts before jumping in with both feet and jumping to a conclusion.

It's laughable. He didn't even need a stitch, let alone CPR. Not downplaying the assault, which hopefully will be punished.
[Post edited 13 May 13:59]

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Norwich fans arrested? on 15:23 - May 13 with 933 viewsMelford

Norwich fans arrested? on 08:30 - May 13 by ArnieM

Yes that’s exactly my personal experience of them. The last game I went to up there we were attacked by a group of scum fans brandishing scaffold poles as we queues to get into the station. The copper standing facing us, actually pulled out her baton and challenged US! When the scum fans charged us and one or two Town fans reacted. I wish to this day I’d taken a photo of the absurd situation confronting us which was a group of narwich fans charging a line of wiring Town fans, seeming “led” by a police officer discharging a baton! At no point did this officer turn to disburse the scum group! Leaving the ground to get to the station I couldn’t believe how close the scum fans were allowed to get to the Town fans , all stood behind a thin line of police, at no point being moved on. Ridiculous situation in my view.

I remember the Simod cup game late 80's when they locked a load of us out. They herded us about for the duration of the game then ***ked off at full time and left us to fend for ourselves. These were people from Galloway's coaches, hardly top boys out for aggro.

My old man got a proper kicking from 3 of the scum while the Old Bill stood there, it was only until someone shouted "leave him, he's got a kid" that they stopped.

Hated those b@stards ever since.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Norwich fans arrested? on 15:35 - May 13 with 899 viewsbluelagos

Norwich fans arrested? on 15:23 - May 13 by Melford

I remember the Simod cup game late 80's when they locked a load of us out. They herded us about for the duration of the game then ***ked off at full time and left us to fend for ourselves. These were people from Galloway's coaches, hardly top boys out for aggro.

My old man got a proper kicking from 3 of the scum while the Old Bill stood there, it was only until someone shouted "leave him, he's got a kid" that they stopped.

Hated those b@stards ever since.

That was my first time to Carrot Rd and I didn't travel on the coaches again for close to 30 years.

The policing was fcking ridiculous - to lock out town fans (who'd traveled on the coaches) when there were empty seats in the town section - which you could clearly see - as they had made it all ticket (only for the seated section) and no tickets were to be sold on the day of the match.

Wrote to the CC and pointed out that had that been Millwall/West Ham fans he'd have likely had a riot on his hands - didn't even get a reply.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Norwich fans arrested? on 16:09 - May 13 with 858 viewsSwansea_Blue

Norwich fans arrested? on 21:57 - May 12 by GeoffSentence

Looks like a bit of hyperbole there. These chaps are probably more reliable

https://www.norfolk.police.uk/news/norfolk/news/news/2024/may/two-arrested-after

"The incident happened shortly after 2pm today (Sunday 12 May 2024) when a man aged in his 60s reported being punched outside Norwich City FC’s stadium in Carrow Road. An object is also believed to have been thrown at the victim who suffered a cut to his chin.

The victim was seen by paramedics at the scene and did not require further medical treatment."

That would be a relief to know that knives weren’t involved. (Not that it excuses people being d1ck heads of course).

I hope that it doesn’t lead to an escalation of violence at the rerun match in Leeds. It’s stupid of the victim’s relative (son?) to make up a story about being knifed, unless he was just confused. Seems an odd thing to make up if the police are right and it’s easy disproved.

Another reminder (#65,929) to not take anything at face value from unverified sources on social media.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Norwich fans arrested? on 16:07 - May 14 with 573 viewsFreddy

Norwich fans arrested? on 17:55 - May 12 by DarkBrandon

Steady on. They haven’t been found guilty. Possibly not even charged

Seems the whole incident was exgarrated by the Leeds fans son on twitter. After a police investigation and cctv surveyed it seems a can was thrown at him causing a cut to his chin.

https://www.norfolk.police.uk/news/norfolk/news/news/2024/may/man-in-50s-has-bee
Norwich fans arrested? on 20:43 - May 14 with 389 viewsMullet

Norwich fans arrested? on 20:42 - May 12 by Mullet

This you?

Ha! Love he's gone back and deleted the evidence

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024