Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don Goddman… 17:38 - May 12 with 1924 viewsITFCBluenose

I know we are all having a dig at Don Goodman (personally I can’t bear his commentary stating the obvious and missing key moments despite replays).

My gripe is with Kevin Philips - does anyone still have the Sunderland game on their Sky box? Listen to his commentary and comments about Ipswich! He needs to be pulled up, but I can’t find any recent activity on Twitter?

Poll: Which striker would you sign from Wolves -Sylvan Ebanks-Blake or Kevin Doyle

Don Goddman… on 17:40 - May 12 with 1872 viewsKeno

Phillips may have something to do with his not signing here

Cant remember the full story but he was to join us but didnt

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Don Goddman… on 19:47 - May 12 with 1647 viewsAlanG296

Don Goddman… on 17:40 - May 12 by Keno

Goodman was also close to signing for us but I think we wouldn't pay him what he wanted.
Would explain their attitude to us. Either that or they're just crap pundits.
Don Goddman… on 19:57 - May 12 with 1610 viewsbournemouthblue

What was Kevin Phillips saying?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Don Goddman… on 20:56 - May 12 with 1471 viewssolemio

Kevin Philips was a Baldock Town player.

What do you mean. you didn't want to know that? You did really.
Don Goddman… on 21:00 - May 12 with 1446 viewsChrisd

This is all rather embarrassing, comments have been made and we don’t agree with them, who really cares?! We’ve been promoted, that speaks loud and clear. All this he said, she said nonsense what really is the end game here?! In fact, Don Goodman was very complimentary about us during our last game against Huddersfield Town, just seems so pointless.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Don Goddman… on 21:02 - May 12 with 1432 viewsfooters

Have you tried writing to your MP?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Don Goddman… on 21:04 - May 12 with 1423 viewsNthQldITFC

Don Goddman… on 21:02 - May 12 by footers

Have you tried writing to your MP?

I called my congressman, but he said "Nope!"

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Don Goddman… on 21:07 - May 12 with 1398 viewsVaughan8

Don Goddman… on 21:00 - May 12 by Chrisd

This is all rather embarrassing, comments have been made and we don’t agree with them, who really cares?! We’ve been promoted, that speaks loud and clear. All this he said, she said nonsense what really is the end game here?! In fact, Don Goodman was very complimentary about us during our last game against Huddersfield Town, just seems so pointless.

He's complimentary when it's all but sealed we're going up. He's doing for his own gain, to perceive he knows what he's talking about, which clearly is not the case. He was almost crying in the QPR Leeds game, it was embarrassing (and funny).

Quite frankly, I wish more commentators and pundits were called out for things they say. Most talk absolute nonsense. Just happens Don is amongst the worst, which is quite a feat.
Login to get fewer ads

Don Goddman… on 21:09 - May 12 with 1385 viewsTrumptonBlue

We couldn’t sign him because the fee would have to go to a tribunal, and we already had one of those lined up for Tony Vaughan’s move to Manchester City. A club could only have one tribunal deal on the go at any one time, or something.

Anyhow, I doubt Phillips is too bothered about not signing for us. Things went pretty well for him at Sunderland.
Don Goddman… on 21:13 - May 12 with 1339 viewsChrisd

Don Goddman… on 21:07 - May 12 by Vaughan8

He's complimentary when it's all but sealed we're going up. He's doing for his own gain, to perceive he knows what he's talking about, which clearly is not the case. He was almost crying in the QPR Leeds game, it was embarrassing (and funny).

Quite frankly, I wish more commentators and pundits were called out for things they say. Most talk absolute nonsense. Just happens Don is amongst the worst, which is quite a feat.

Really?! That’s every footballing TV pundit then. There’s really bigger things to be worried about quite honestly.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Don Goddman… on 21:23 - May 12 with 1281 viewsRIPbobby

Don Goddman… on 21:07 - May 12 by Vaughan8

Not just Don, Hinchcliffe didn't like us either. They were just playing the averages. The town of Ipswich is much smaller than the cities of Leicester and Leeds so they took their chances to avoid the least. Which was us. Funnily enough Leeds fans have been moaning about him too.
Don Goddman… on 21:41 - May 12 with 1199 viewsbazza

Don Goddman… on 21:04 - May 12 by NthQldITFC

I called my congressman, but he said "Nope!"

I’d like to help you son, but your to young to vote..
Don Goddman… on 14:35 - May 13 with 752 viewsBluespeed225

Think he was actually on his way here, had done the medical etc, then got a call saying, no, your going to Sunderland.
Don Goddman… on 15:23 - May 13 with 667 viewsJimmyJazz

Don Goddman… on 21:13 - May 12 by Chrisd

Really?! That’s every footballing TV pundit then. There’s really bigger things to be worried about quite honestly.

While I agree with you, don't you think Sky need to freshen up their non-FPL co-commentators? How long have both Goodman and Hinchcliffe been doing this now?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Don Goddman… on 17:46 - May 13 with 551 viewsBattersea_Blue

Don Goddman… on 14:35 - May 13 by Bluespeed225

Think he was actually on his way here, had done the medical etc, then got a call saying, no, your going to Sunderland.

He had the medical and passed it. Personal terms were agreed.

It fell down because of an extra £25k on the fee that Watford wanted that we weren’t prepared to pay.

Real shame that fell through.
Don Goddman… on 18:01 - May 13 with 493 views_clive_baker_

Not a dig at you bluenose but my bigger gripe is people complaining about commentators or club bias or any of that. Of course they should be impartial but Goodman is from Leeds, it's not a huge surprise if he had a preference that occasionally he didn't hide too well.

When its Brazil or Chambers or Bent on national media its often quite partisan in our favour and nobody grumbles about it.

Maybe it helps that I've not watched too many games on SKY this season as a) I don't have it and b) I've been fortunate to go to a lot of them, but quite honestly I would prefer people just rise above it. Ex pros being sh1t pundits isn't anything new. I thought Woolfy's comments were a bit cringe tbh, if I were a pro and just been promoted to the premier league I think Don Goodman would be so far down my list in terms of head space.
Don Goddman… on 18:33 - May 13 with 452 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Phillips was in the building but we couldn't get the job done, dunno if we were being cheap or he was asking foe mega bucks but whilst we were haggling Sunderland offered him what he wanted.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024