Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The New Kit 12:51 - May 13 with 3806 viewsMetal_Hacker

I’m assuming we’re contracted to Umbro still ?

Did have my doubts in terms of quality moving away from adidas when we did but have to say Umbro quality is far superior IMHO

Poll: If it were one or the other

The New Kit on 12:54 - May 13 with 3232 viewsSitfcB

Yeah still Umbro for definite next season.

I’d like to think they’ll want to get them out on sale asap and not wait until the usual late July!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The New Kit on 13:01 - May 13 with 3159 viewsHelp

The New Kit on 12:54 - May 13 by SitfcB

I’d like to think they’ll want to get them out on sale asap and not wait until the usual late July!

Need the new one for this year's holiday
The New Kit on 13:05 - May 13 with 3143 viewsBasingstokeBlue

The New Kit on 12:54 - May 13 by SitfcB

Do we/they know, yet, what logo Ed wants on them? The Mathematics tour will be over, three weeks into the season.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

The New Kit on 13:08 - May 13 with 3115 viewsBossy

Rumours are that current Umbro kits might end up being Castore next season. There has been a deal signed between the Umbro licensee and Castore for professional teams.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

The New Kit on 13:13 - May 13 with 3057 viewsParisBlue

The New Kit on 13:08 - May 13 by Bossy

Rumours are that current Umbro kits might end up being Castore next season. There has been a deal signed between the Umbro licensee and Castore for professional teams.

Club have stated otherwise.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/19/club-statement--umbro/

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

The New Kit on 13:17 - May 13 with 3001 viewsMattinLondon

I’ve been quite impressed with the umbro kits. Adidas might have a better image than other manufacturers but their kits were quite dull in comparison.
The New Kit on 13:21 - May 13 with 2959 viewsBasingstokeBlue

The New Kit on 13:05 - May 13 by BasingstokeBlue

Do we/they know, yet, what logo Ed wants on them? The Mathematics tour will be over, three weeks into the season.

I'll answer my own question, in part:

Unbro already know the design -

"The Club’s new Umbro playing kits for next season were signed off prior to the end of 2023, with further news regarding next season’s shirts to be revealed in due course."

( https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/19/club-statement--umbro/)

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

The New Kit on 13:22 - May 13 with 2934 viewsHelp

Same date our contract with umbro ends. So we will be looking for a new shirt maker for our European tour
Login to get fewer ads

The New Kit on 13:23 - May 13 with 2916 viewsSitfcB

Our kits for next season would’ve been signed off around this time last year.

COYB

The New Kit on 13:25 - May 13 with 2910 viewsSitfcB

The New Kit on 13:21 - May 13 by BasingstokeBlue

I'll answer my own question, in part:

Unbro already know the design -

"The Club’s new Umbro playing kits for next season were signed off prior to the end of 2023, with further news regarding next season’s shirts to be revealed in due course."

( https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/19/club-statement--umbro/)

Think it’ll just be the same, the tour will be extended.

Portman Road dates summer 2025.

COYB

The New Kit on 13:30 - May 13 with 2816 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Can't say i agree RE the quality. The designs with Umbro have been decent, but the quality on Adidas kit is so much better, for me.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

The New Kit on 13:33 - May 13 with 2774 viewsMetal_Hacker

The New Kit on 13:30 - May 13 by JammyDodgerrr

Can't say i agree RE the quality. The designs with Umbro have been decent, but the quality on Adidas kit is so much better, for me.

I always thought the adidas material was quite wafer like in its quality. Literally see through with boring templates.

Umbro material was marginally thicker and boldly seemed better

Size wise Umbro did have me over a little though. Go a size up from adidas to get one that fits

Poll: If it were one or the other

The New Kit on 13:40 - May 13 with 2707 viewsBossy

The New Kit on 13:13 - May 13 by ParisBlue

Club have stated otherwise.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/19/club-statement--umbro/

Yes I think the kit has already been designed by Umbro but it could have a Castore logo on it instead basically.
[Post edited 13 May 13:48]

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

The New Kit on 14:14 - May 13 with 2580 viewsRimsy

Surely Nike will be sniffing around once the Umbro deal is over, with our US connections and in the Pl.

BlueBlood

The New Kit on 14:28 - May 13 with 2490 viewshype313

The New Kit on 14:14 - May 13 by Rimsy

Surely Nike will be sniffing around once the Umbro deal is over, with our US connections and in the Pl.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Under Armour rather than Nike, they have swept up college football over there and taken over Nike's stranglehold on so many sports.

Sounds like we will have Castore next season, as Burnley have announced they are, and they signed off the kits the same time as us, so it will be the new kit design, but with Castore over Umbro.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The New Kit on 14:36 - May 13 with 2382 viewsSmithersJones

The New Kit on 14:28 - May 13 by hype313

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Under Armour rather than Nike, they have swept up college football over there and taken over Nike's stranglehold on so many sports.

Sounds like we will have Castore next season, as Burnley have announced they are, and they signed off the kits the same time as us, so it will be the new kit design, but with Castore over Umbro.

The Burnley development is an odd one. When the Castore/Umbro deal was announced the press release specifically talked about the deal "marking [Castore's] emergence as a multi-brand business", ie they'd keep the Umbro brand.
What they've done with Burnley doesn't seem consistent with that.
As we've only got a year left on the current Umbro deal I wouldn't be surprised if we kept the Umbro brand for next season, then went with Castore if they won the new contract. If we went with someone else from 25/26 it's probably not a good look for Castore to only provide the kit for 1 season, particularly after Newcastle ended their Castore deal early.
The New Kit on 14:39 - May 13 with 2328 viewsBluespeed225

As long as we keep the nice shade of blue we had this year I'm easy with it. I still wake up screaming at the 02' TXU kit. Almost sky blue in comparison! I reckon they'll finally see sense and just replicate the opening day of the 72/3 seasons kit. Perfection.
The New Kit on 18:35 - May 13 with 1982 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

The New Kit on 14:39 - May 13 by Bluespeed225

As long as we keep the nice shade of blue we had this year I'm easy with it. I still wake up screaming at the 02' TXU kit. Almost sky blue in comparison! I reckon they'll finally see sense and just replicate the opening day of the 72/3 seasons kit. Perfection.

I hope the kit is relatively plain, but with a thick white v-neck, and some white pinstripes. Classy.
The New Kit on 18:41 - May 13 with 1956 viewsSheffordBlue

The New Kit on 13:05 - May 13 by BasingstokeBlue

Just hoping we don't end up advertising Ed's other venture:

https://www.tinglyteds.co.uk/

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

The New Kit on 09:34 - May 14 with 1582 viewsMattinLondon

The New Kit on 18:41 - May 13 by SheffordBlue

Just hoping we don't end up advertising Ed's other venture:

https://www.tinglyteds.co.uk/

Just imagine Sam Morsy coming at you on the pitch with an angry bear on him. I’ll be absolutely petrified.
The New Kit on 09:47 - May 14 with 1532 viewsglasso

The New Kit on 13:40 - May 13 by Bossy

Yes I think the kit has already been designed by Umbro but it could have a Castore logo on it instead basically.
[Post edited 13 May 13:48]

Pretty sure that's not the case - Castore bought the license to sell Umbro kits, but I don't think they'll be rebranding all of the shirts to their own.

The actual license wasn't bought FROM Umbro, it was previously owned by a company called GLD Group, and they bought it from them.
The New Kit on 10:53 - May 14 with 1364 viewsyorkshireblue

The New Kit on 14:28 - May 13 by hype313

I don’t think it’ll over matter that we have US connections - looking at the kits of other clubs Gamechanger/Three Lions are involved with they have an array of manufacturers - so no one relationship.
The New Kit on 11:15 - May 14 with 1303 viewsitfcjoe

The New Kit on 13:23 - May 13 by SitfcB

Our kits for next season would’ve been signed off around this time last year.

So would Burnley's who had 2 extra years left on deal so don't think I'd be mega surprised to see them badged up as Castore

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The New Kit on 11:15 - May 14 with 1301 viewsitfcjoe

The New Kit on 13:30 - May 13 by JammyDodgerrr

I agree, the bespoke Umbro designs are better but the Adidas stuff, whilst boring templates in Champ/L1, was much better quality gear.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The New Kit on 11:25 - May 14 with 1232 viewstextbackup

The New Kit on 13:01 - May 13 by Help

Need the new one for this year's holiday

Be nice to go on holiday as a premier league team supporter, always an annoyance when people talk to you about the Ipswich of old that I didn’t get to witness!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024