Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away fans at Portman Rd 13:00 - May 13 with 1824 viewsportmanroadblue

with 21000 season tickets sold, was wondering if the club have taken into consideration the extra away allocations? have they kept blocks back near the current away fans or kept 1000 seats elsewhere in the ground? Lower Cobbold maybe? not heard anyone being asked to move their season tickets? maybe we are able to keep the current away allocation?
Away fans at Portman Rd on 13:08 - May 13 with 1723 viewsDennyx4

I haven’t heard anything either, but would make sense to utilise the bottom of the Cobbold for the extra seats, as can’t imagine there will be too many season ticket holders there.
Away fans at Portman Rd on 13:26 - May 13 with 1594 viewsSitfcB

Hardly any season ticket holders in block S so may well hand that back to away fans.

Expect people will start hearing about moves asap as there will be people around the press box that’ll have to be moved as well I reckon.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Away fans at Portman Rd on 13:47 - May 13 with 1490 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Mark Ashton said he will shortly be communicating to supporters about this.

We need to find a home for an extra 1,000 away supporters. S block is probably only another 400 or so. I doubt the club will want to use E block for away fans, as these are prime seats and we can only charge away fans £30 next season.
Away fans at Portman Rd on 13:56 - May 13 with 1416 viewsNeedhamChris

Away fans at Portman Rd on 13:47 - May 13 by LA_Tractor_Boy

Mark Ashton said he will shortly be communicating to supporters about this.

We need to find a home for an extra 1,000 away supporters. S block is probably only another 400 or so. I doubt the club will want to use E block for away fans, as these are prime seats and we can only charge away fans £30 next season.

Sir Alf you'd imagine...

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Away fans at Portman Rd on 14:49 - May 13 with 1261 viewsexeterblue10

Away fans at Portman Rd on 13:56 - May 13 by NeedhamChris

Sir Alf you'd imagine...

That was my thinking too. There's probably about 3000 seats in the SAR lower - close to the station and the away coach park, plus the stand caters for disabled fans whereas currently disabled away fans have to go in the West Stand. The new turnstiles and extra space at the back of the stand would make crowd control/segregation easier than before but the stairwells to the upper level would have to be separated from the lower concourse and then there's the boxes at the back of the lower tier to think about. Personally it would be a real shame to have away fans behind that goal - just because Churchman's has always been a home stand.
[Post edited 13 May 14:50]
Away fans at Portman Rd on 14:50 - May 13 with 1227 viewsyesjohn99

Away fans at Portman Rd on 14:49 - May 13 by exeterblue10

That was my thinking too. There's probably about 3000 seats in the SAR lower - close to the station and the away coach park, plus the stand caters for disabled fans whereas currently disabled away fans have to go in the West Stand. The new turnstiles and extra space at the back of the stand would make crowd control/segregation easier than before but the stairwells to the upper level would have to be separated from the lower concourse and then there's the boxes at the back of the lower tier to think about. Personally it would be a real shame to have away fans behind that goal - just because Churchman's has always been a home stand.

That would really put the cat amongst the pigeons!
Away fans at Portman Rd on 14:57 - May 13 with 1179 viewsunbelievablue

North used to have away fans...times change!

I think this is the long term plan, half of Sir Alf.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Away fans at Portman Rd on 15:07 - May 13 with 1119 viewsSitfcB

I really don’t see away fans being moved until the Cobbold is demolished.

I’m not 100% but I think the Premier League subsidise the price cap tickets to make up the shortfall? In our case it’s only £6 per adult ticket anyway.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Away fans at Portman Rd on 15:16 - May 13 with 1039 viewsbluelagos

Away fans at Portman Rd on 15:07 - May 13 by SitfcB

I’m not 100% but I think the Premier League subsidise the price cap tickets to make up the shortfall? In our case it’s only £6 per adult ticket anyway.

Think it's a cap rather than a subsidy, and it seems Uefa have introduced one too.

"After a great deal of lobbying and hard work by FSE and fan groups, UEFA announced a cap for fixtures in the 2019/20 season of €70 in the Champions League and €45 in the Europa League."

https://thefsa.org.uk/our-work/ticket-prices/

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Away fans at Portman Rd on 15:40 - May 13 with 939 viewsbluefunk

I think the away allocation won’t change much, as there’s a get out clause related to segregation, so it would make sense to leave things as they are, other than maybe permanently setting aside the bottom tier seats. Why make the atmosphere more welcoming to the away side,, we’ll probably need all the help we can get.
Away fans at Portman Rd on 15:48 - May 13 with 877 viewsVegtablue

Away fans at Portman Rd on 15:40 - May 13 by bluefunk

I think the away allocation won’t change much, as there’s a get out clause related to segregation, so it would make sense to leave things as they are, other than maybe permanently setting aside the bottom tier seats. Why make the atmosphere more welcoming to the away side,, we’ll probably need all the help we can get.

Wouldn't want them getting the majority of Cobbold lower for this reason, better to be in an end or a corner. Hopefully we can get away with V1, V2 and S.
Away fans at Portman Rd on 15:56 - May 13 with 834 viewsRadlett_blue

When you are guaranteed £100m of TV income next season, the cost of 3,000 away tickets at £30 is only £1.7m a season so I think we can afford this one.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Away fans at Portman Rd on 16:02 - May 13 with 800 viewsElderGrizzly

On of our main corporate suites is in the SAR, so I can't see this happening. A few hundred people at PL prices for hospitality aren't going to be moved.

There is apparently a get out on the 3,000 where if due to segregation you can't give 10% or 3,000 it is allowed. I'd imagine we'd use some of that mitigation here and get V1, V2 and S and leave it at that.

Bringing away fans into E also puts them directly behind the most expensive 'normal' seats in Block D, so can't see that working every week.
Away fans at Portman Rd on 17:11 - May 13 with 630 viewsArnieM

I’d stick the additional away fans in lower Cobbold …

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024