Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re-watched Town in 50 earlier 16:48 - May 14 with 2580 viewstextbackup

One thing I noticed, I didn’t see Morsy in the changing room whilst the drink was sprayed everywhere, but AAH was… then Morsy does appear and takes beer to the beer…

Then when lifting the trophy someone sprays him right in the face…

I’m assuming as a practicing dedicated Muslim you can’t pick and chose the moments you break from your beliefs. Must be bloody hard in those situations for all involved.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 16:50 - May 14 with 2530 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm sure I saw a video of Hutchinson being interviewed on the open top parade (by Sky I think), and Morsy was in the background 100% holding and sipping from a beer bottle, which I presume was 0%?

EDIT - I'm sure someone said before that the bottles used during the trophy lift don't actually have alcohol in?

Him and Camara both had towels over their heads during the celebrations against Exeter in the changing room as well. Fair play to them.
[Post edited 14 May 16:51]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:05 - May 14 with 2406 viewstextbackup

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 16:50 - May 14 by Kieran_Knows

I'm sure I saw a video of Hutchinson being interviewed on the open top parade (by Sky I think), and Morsy was in the background 100% holding and sipping from a beer bottle, which I presume was 0%?

EDIT - I'm sure someone said before that the bottles used during the trophy lift don't actually have alcohol in?

Him and Camara both had towels over their heads during the celebrations against Exeter in the changing room as well. Fair play to them.

On the bus he defo had a bottle of water, as my first thought was ‘fck me, his liver compared to Clarke’s right now’ 😂

Yes they did have the towels didn’t they (still, it soaks through) sure it makes sense tho

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:08 - May 14 with 2372 viewsGlasgowBlue

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 16:50 - May 14 by Kieran_Knows

Looked like Peroni 0% on the bus. He had his hands over the bottle.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:24 - May 14 with 2302 viewsZx1988

I've thought similar about Sam over the last week or so.

Given that alcohol plays such a massive role in celebrations in the western world, I wouldn't be surprised if the celebrations have been a bit of a strange environment for him given the amount of alcohol being consumed, and with it having almost been the primary focus at times.

It was good to see that there was a batch of non-alcoholic beer in the changing rooms, though. Not that it comes as any sort of surprise, given how well the club is run these days.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:27 - May 14 with 2281 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

I can confirm SM doesn't drink.

Also he and Ali AH went to Dubai instead of Vegas.
[Post edited 14 May 17:28]
Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:28 - May 14 with 2265 viewsGlasgowBlue

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:24 - May 14 by Zx1988

Given that alcohol plays such a massive role in celebrations in the western world, I wouldn't be surprised if the celebrations have been a bit of a strange environment for him given the amount of alcohol being consumed, and with it having almost been the primary focus at times.

It was good to see that there was a batch of non-alcoholic beer in the changing rooms, though. Not that it comes as any sort of surprise, given how well the club is run these days.

He was born and raised in Wolverhampton. I Doubt it's something he hasn't seen numerous times before in his lifetime, so not really a strange environment for him.

His faith is very important to him but likewise he will also respect the way other people like to celebrate.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:31 - May 14 with 2237 viewstextbackup

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:24 - May 14 by Zx1988

We all know how horrible you can feel after a session, especially back to back to back sessions (sorry I’m assuming you’re a drinker here) but he will have felt fresh, alert, amazing that entire 3/4/5 day period.

Where as the drinkers will have had the beer fear, been sick, felt rough as arseholes!

Then to have a trip to vegas vs a trip away like he and AAH have enjoyed, lovely food and relaxation… I know the body will recover, but he’s likely already back training daily to some degree.

(I’d of course be with the likes of Clarke if I was in this squad, but I’d be envious of SM 😀)

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:32 - May 14 with 2218 viewstextbackup

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:27 - May 14 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

I think that’s been apparent since his arrival here

Login to get fewer ads

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:36 - May 14 with 2170 viewstextbackup

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:28 - May 14 by GlasgowBlue

He was born and raised in Wolverhampton. I Doubt it's something he hasn't seen numerous times before in his lifetime, so not really a strange environment for him.

His faith is very important to him but likewise he will also respect the way other people like to celebrate.

Whilst on faith, I wonder what rules/implications are in place for the rainbow weekend in the premier league. (Because I don’t believe SM wears the rainbow armband. Personally I don’t care either way, but…. The PM might)

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:40 - May 14 with 2114 viewsEuropablue

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:28 - May 14 by GlasgowBlue

That's exactly how it should be. If you can respect the way others do things, it makes it very easy to be accommodating for people who have different beliefs and customs.
Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:44 - May 14 with 2066 viewsScottCandage

IIRC from last year, Sam gave the rest of the squad a few minutes to celebrate with alcohol and he stayed out of the room, then when he came in, they celebrated with him and respected his wishes.
Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:45 - May 14 with 2043 viewsEuropablue

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:31 - May 14 by textbackup

We all know how horrible you can feel after a session, especially back to back to back sessions (sorry I’m assuming you’re a drinker here) but he will have felt fresh, alert, amazing that entire 3/4/5 day period.

Where as the drinkers will have had the beer fear, been sick, felt rough as arseholes!

Then to have a trip to vegas vs a trip away like he and AAH have enjoyed, lovely food and relaxation… I know the body will recover, but he’s likely already back training daily to some degree.

(I’d of course be with the likes of Clarke if I was in this squad, but I’d be envious of SM 😀)

Getting a bit drunk every so often can make you feel a whole better if it helps you let off some steam, especially if it is just once a year when you've got something to celebrate!
Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:46 - May 14 with 2013 viewstextbackup

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:45 - May 14 by Europablue

Getting a bit drunk every so often can make you feel a whole better if it helps you let off some steam, especially if it is just once a year when you've got something to celebrate!

Absolutely

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:47 - May 14 with 2000 viewsEuropablue

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:36 - May 14 by textbackup

Whilst on faith, I wonder what rules/implications are in place for the rainbow weekend in the premier league. (Because I don’t believe SM wears the rainbow armband. Personally I don’t care either way, but…. The PM might)

It's weird telling people how they should feel about other people and how they live. We should keep our opinions to ourselves in certain situations, but we shouldn't have a political agenda forced on us in the workplace either.
Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 18:04 - May 14 with 1896 viewsSitfcB

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:27 - May 14 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

Thank you for confirming a devout Muslim doesn’t drink.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 18:11 - May 14 with 1854 viewsStourbridgeblue

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:05 - May 14 by textbackup

On the bus he defo had a bottle of water, as my first thought was ‘fck me, his liver compared to Clarke’s right now’ 😂

Yes they did have the towels didn’t they (still, it soaks through) sure it makes sense tho

Well Harry Clarke went on a bender and ended up having surgery on his legs!

Poll: What do you want on Sunday?

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 18:21 - May 14 with 1787 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 18:04 - May 14 by SitfcB

Thank you for confirming a devout Muslim doesn’t drink.

No need for that. You are suggesting every person of faith follows everything their faith tells them too. That's not the case.
Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 19:10 - May 14 with 1512 viewstcblue

I know its not the same thing as it being faith related, but plenty of people don't use alcohol.

You just get used to those scenarios. While not being a professional footballer, my work involves arguably a bigger drinking culture, with a lot more people than a squad of players. It's weirder for other people than it is for yourself, and hopefully on the whole most people accept it.
Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 19:37 - May 14 with 1385 viewsHipsterectomy

I remember Morsy being invited onto Talksport last season to discuss our promotion win and the first question that was asked was basically 'how drunk did you get?'

I would have thought a 30 second google would make that question redundant for an invited guest, but maybe I'm expecting too much from Talksport

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 20:00 - May 14 with 1237 viewsmonkeymagic

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 19:10 - May 14 by tcblue

I know its not the same thing as it being faith related, but plenty of people don't use alcohol.

You just get used to those scenarios. While not being a professional footballer, my work involves arguably a bigger drinking culture, with a lot more people than a squad of players. It's weirder for other people than it is for yourself, and hopefully on the whole most people accept it.

Someone once said to me as a piece of intended advice that I should “never trust a teetotaller”. Thus instantly mistrusting over 2b people!
Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 08:28 - May 15 with 756 viewsChurchman

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 19:37 - May 14 by Hipsterectomy

I remember Morsy being invited onto Talksport last season to discuss our promotion win and the first question that was asked was basically 'how drunk did you get?'

I would have thought a 30 second google would make that question redundant for an invited guest, but maybe I'm expecting too much from Talksport

You are asking far too much of Talksport. They don’t come across as the sharpest on the rare occasions I choose to listen. Plenty of arrogance though which means basic research is possibly something for others.

I think given Sam Morsy’s upbringing, beliefs and faith he knows the score with his team mates and how to deal with it. He certainly comes across that way.
Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 08:51 - May 15 with 707 viewsITFC_Forever

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 17:44 - May 14 by ScottCandage

IIRC from last year, Sam gave the rest of the squad a few minutes to celebrate with alcohol and he stayed out of the room, then when he came in, they celebrated with him and respected his wishes.

Yep, that's how it seemed.... Sam was probably round the corner doing his thing when the rest of them were spraying the beer around, then joined them once they'd stopped, and then enjoyed a bottle of 0%.

I raised the point about the champers on the pitch and him getting covered in it, but someone suggested it was probably 0% as well, hence why he was more than happy to get covered in it.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 08:59 - May 15 with 676 viewsDurovigutum

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 08:51 - May 15 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, that's how it seemed.... Sam was probably round the corner doing his thing when the rest of them were spraying the beer around, then joined them once they'd stopped, and then enjoyed a bottle of 0%.

I raised the point about the champers on the pitch and him getting covered in it, but someone suggested it was probably 0% as well, hence why he was more than happy to get covered in it.

I think it is more the skipper getting pulled to one side for media duties? The lead broadcasters will all want their two minutes. I suspect the champagne is all 0% - it gets sprayed not drunk so might as well buy the cheap stuff with no duty.
Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 09:10 - May 15 with 638 viewsITFC_Forever

Re-watched Town in 50 earlier on 08:59 - May 15 by Durovigutum

I think it is more the skipper getting pulled to one side for media duties? The lead broadcasters will all want their two minutes. I suspect the champagne is all 0% - it gets sprayed not drunk so might as well buy the cheap stuff with no duty.

They were spraying beer and anything else that came to hand in the dressing room immediately after they got back from the pitch invasion.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024