Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd 20:03 - May 14 with 7994 viewsSitfcB

Big as in a lot of followers.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 20:56 - May 14 with 1872 viewsSwansea_Blue

We’ll get this non-stop from now on. He’s always been leaving at some point, just enjoy him while he’s here. I’d have thought he needs a year in the PL at least, but what do I know.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 20:58 - May 14 with 1856 viewsIllinoisblue

Nixon but in foreign innit.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:00 - May 14 with 1853 viewsblueislander

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 20:46 - May 14 by bazza

I don’t think you need to be an expert to see what I’m saying is fairly accurate.

It is your opinion.
A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:00 - May 14 with 1847 viewsblueasfook

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 20:29 - May 14 by bazza

With the best crop of players this country has had in decades, and the fact most other countries have some of their worst, if he doesn’t win the euros , it will be a travesty.

Southgate has done an amazing job as England coach. Only other manager to get us to a final other than Sir Alf of course. Not the best crop of players either. That would be the so-called golden generation of Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard and Co. who spectacularly underachieved under managers such as Goran Errikson and Capello. I've watched England since the 1980s and he's been the best since Sir Bobby. Even if he doesn't win the euros this summer, he would still rightly earn his place as one of England's best coaches.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:01 - May 14 with 1845 viewsIllinoisblue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 20:56 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

We’ll get this non-stop from now on. He’s always been leaving at some point, just enjoy him while he’s here. I’d have thought he needs a year in the PL at least, but what do I know.

Important: if sporting directors now come with multi million price tags (Ashworth at Newcastle) then managers must have same. Whoever wants McKenna can start the bidding at 100million if they’re serious.

62 - 78 - 81

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:05 - May 14 with 1805 viewsIllinoisblue

The translation reads as if written by a drunk AI bot:

Allowing the Suffolk club to return to the Premier League after 22 years of absence, McKenna went to get his letters of nobility. According to our information, the first concrete contacts have already taken place between its representatives and the leaders of Manchester United. Former of the house, his profile pleases and the latter would be excited at the idea of a return through the big door to the Red Devils. Unlike Southgate, McKenna would be available directly to ensure Manchester United's summer preparation. A fact that could be the justice of the peace in this thorny decision for the Mancun board.

62 - 78 - 81

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:10 - May 14 with 1759 viewsBarcaBlue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 20:15 - May 14 by Guthrum

I'm more concerned about Emery going to ManU and McKenna replacing him at Villa (this was mooted by someone even before he was there last night).

Edit: However, nothing has been said at this end (McKenna or the club) which suggests he's off imminently. Sounds keen to continue the project for now.
[Post edited 14 May 20:17]

I can't see Emery to United, from either side. Very unlikely he'd leave Villa as he's shown with Villarreal that he's one to continue a project. United will have seen his record at PSG and Arsenal and will want someone "safer". Maybe Southgate is a bit too safe for United's fans but McKenna I think would be too much of a risk right now for owners.

I imagine United will look at someone to steady the ship and that's why it'll be Southgate in all probability.
A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:14 - May 14 with 1716 viewsbazza

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:00 - May 14 by blueasfook

Southgate has done an amazing job as England coach. Only other manager to get us to a final other than Sir Alf of course. Not the best crop of players either. That would be the so-called golden generation of Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard and Co. who spectacularly underachieved under managers such as Goran Errikson and Capello. I've watched England since the 1980s and he's been the best since Sir Bobby. Even if he doesn't win the euros this summer, he would still rightly earn his place as one of England's best coaches.

I never said he’s not a good manager, just that he’s got some of the best players in my opinion in decades , and a good opportunity, if you look at where other countries are currently, and he did have flattering routes to the semi and final.
Login to get fewer ads

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:17 - May 14 with 1710 viewsstickymockwell

Not red hot favourite but I don't like it 😕

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:21 - May 14 with 1688 viewsLord_Lucan

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:17 - May 14 by stickymockwell

I've just emailed you.

I only mention it as I have this possibly misguided assumption that you aren't 100% on the ball with emails.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:25 - May 14 with 1638 viewsJ2BLUE

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 20:24 - May 14 by textbackup

About 1/3 of the way through the season a mate was working at a ‘key’ member of KMs coaching team, the wife let it out that they wouldn’t be about too long, doing the house up to rent out, as something possibly coming up for them in the north west in the summer.

I’ll probably cry a bit, or be sick, if true

Manchester is not in Merseyside

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:27 - May 14 with 1629 viewsburnbudgiesburn

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:17 - May 14 by stickymockwell

As has been said during every 'McKenna for......' post, just £300 on a long odds choice will cut their odds significantly.
A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:35 - May 14 with 1538 viewsburnbudgiesburn

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 20:56 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

Take out what we think about McKenna as godlike, to top premiership clubs he is just still a very promising young coach.

I don't see United or even a Villa gambling on a rookie manager. Even Graham Potter had top flight experience behind him.

I agree with your assessment - given the profile of the club and McKenna now he'll be linked to every top flight job going so let's get used to it. Town fans saying 'why would he go to United' are deluded though - the moment they actually want to attain his services he is goneski.
A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:41 - May 14 with 1486 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

But would he move to a mid table team?

United had workman up on the Okd Trafford roof after the defeat to Arsenal as fans were getting covered in rainwater from all the leaks. That’s Evans-esque, United are officially tin-pot these days…
A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:55 - May 14 with 1384 viewsEuropablue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 20:17 - May 14 by DarkBrandon

I think he’s ready now. Honestly.

He’s coached at the highest level. Been at the club. Knows what is required and proven himself an outstanding manager with us.

The only thing he hasn’t had to do is to manage a dressing room full of PL egos. When he arrived at PR he name-dropped coaching Ronaldo or whoever and immediately had that authority. He wouldn’t have that at Old Trafford. But another year with us wouldn’t give him that. He’ll have our dressing room fully behind him whatever happens.

He's ready, just don't say that out loud!
The thing is, Man Utd. are not ready to give McKenna a suitable environment for him to thrive in.
Aston Villa are now ahead of Utd in the pecking order, it wouldn't be too crazy to imagine us ahead of them in a couple of years if they continue to flounder and we continue our trajectory.
A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 22:09 - May 14 with 1290 viewsFrimleyBlue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:55 - May 14 by Europablue

He's ready, just don't say that out loud!
The thing is, Man Utd. are not ready to give McKenna a suitable environment for him to thrive in.
Aston Villa are now ahead of Utd in the pecking order, it wouldn't be too crazy to imagine us ahead of them in a couple of years if they continue to flounder and we continue our trajectory.

Is he ready?

He's had 2 years managing a side that was put together with certain characteristics.. he's yet to manage big time egos.

We brought in one potential issue player.. which ended in said player not even being available despite still technically being loaned to us..

KM has also had 2 seasons of success. His biggest wobbles have resulted in just 14 losses..
Now he may be the best manager ever to grace the game.. but alot is said for continuity of players.. support from a fanbase etc.

Go to utd. High expectations from the start.. how does he then cope with uk media pushing you closer to the exit door with each loss..

There's a hell of a lot he hasn't touched the surface with yet.

So many managers have run before they walked.. Potter. Rogers. Even moyes who whilst not a quick move from.everton left his successes with Everton for the big job. Of course great careers since. Altho potter still nit back in it yet.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 22:26 - May 14 with 1161 viewsGuthrum

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 21:10 - May 14 by BarcaBlue

I can't see Emery to United, from either side. Very unlikely he'd leave Villa as he's shown with Villarreal that he's one to continue a project. United will have seen his record at PSG and Arsenal and will want someone "safer". Maybe Southgate is a bit too safe for United's fans but McKenna I think would be too much of a risk right now for owners.

I imagine United will look at someone to steady the ship and that's why it'll be Southgate in all probability.

Additionally, in a league sense, is ManU a step up or down from Villa, as things stand?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Latest odds…(EDIT - Sorry, hadn’t seen earlier betting odds post) on 22:34 - May 14 with 1132 viewsBluePG

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/manchester-united/next-pe
[Post edited 14 May 22:35]

Poll: Best Dane?

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 22:48 - May 14 with 1035 viewsfooters

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 20:24 - May 14 by textbackup

About 1/3 of the way through the season a mate was working at a ‘key’ member of KMs coaching team, the wife let it out that they wouldn’t be about too long, doing the house up to rent out, as something possibly coming up for them in the north west in the summer.

I’ll probably cry a bit, or be sick, if true

I've got a bridge to sell if you want to buy it?
[Post edited 14 May 22:49]

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 22:50 - May 14 with 1028 viewsEuropablue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 20:38 - May 14 by HighgateBlue

I wouldn't go that far.

But when you look at the teams we've beaten in the major tournaments in which Southgate's England have "gone deep", frankly they are teams that we should be beating. When we've come up against decent teams we've been found wanting more often than not. And the draws opened up for us in a way that is far from guaranteed every time.

Given the teams we've been up against, and the players at our disposal, I don't really see Southgate's performance as superior to Sir Bobby's. But I am biased, obvs.

He just doesn't have the killer instinct and just isn't brave enough to go for it when we have superior players and should win in most cases.
A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 22:54 - May 14 with 980 viewsStokieBlue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 22:48 - May 14 by footers

I've got a bridge to sell if you want to buy it?
[Post edited 14 May 22:49]

If not I've got some magic beans for sale.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 00:04 - May 15 with 852 viewsBossy

It’ll happen, but not yet.
[Post edited 15 May 0:19]

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 00:44 - May 15 with 785 viewspointofblue

If he gets offered it now, he'll go. He'll probably be in a relegation battle next season and, as seen by the likes of Cooper, Kompany and Edwards, there not a great thing to have on the CV, even if expected and following superb work in the season/s before.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 08:13 - May 15 with 526 viewspennblue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 00:44 - May 15 by pointofblue

If he gets offered it now, he'll go. He'll probably be in a relegation battle next season and, as seen by the likes of Cooper, Kompany and Edwards, there not a great thing to have on the CV, even if expected and following superb work in the season/s before.

He would completely shaft us if he left now, he would likely take Leif and Omari too. He would not do that to us. He has integrity, he will exit when it is a good time for him and the club.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 08:16 - May 15 with 519 viewsStokieBlue

A pretty big Twitter account is posting nasty things about McKenna and Man Utd on 08:13 - May 15 by pennblue

He would completely shaft us if he left now, he would likely take Leif and Omari too. He would not do that to us. He has integrity, he will exit when it is a good time for him and the club.

I think you need a dose of realism.

If he offered the Man United job he will take it.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024