Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With all this McK to Man U speculation it does put the club itself . . 07:05 - May 16 with 759 viewsBattersea_Blue

in a tricky situation on how to handle it.

Ashton and McK have obviously built up a tremendous working relationship over the last couple of seasons. I'd like to think enough of a relationship where they can be open with each other. McK wouldn't be human if his head isn't somewhat turned by all the media covering this speculation and I'd hope that McK and Ashton can have a frank discussion about it.

The main reason I hope this is the case is because if they haven't, what do Ashton and the owners do? No doubt quietly the powers that be will have discussed the "what if's", in fact, as a matter of course, as in every business, they should be doing regular risk assessments and top of that risk assessment for ITFC would be losing the manager that's got us 2 successive promotions.

But how far do they take it? Sure, put a list together, but can they take that any further? By that I mean having confidential, off-the-record conversations with people at the top of that list? That's a risk on it's own, as if anything crept out publicly it would damage the club and no doubt McK wouldn't think highly of it.

So I hope the McK and Ashton discussion has taken place, very recently. It could be they both know what the outcome of all this is going to be and are planning accordingly. Us, as fans, will obviously speculate, which again does no good and just stirs things up further (I do see the irony).

As other posters have said on other threads, the ideal would be for McK to come out (not in that sense) and clearly commit to ITFC. Yes, he's said he loves it here, is proud to be manager of this football club and that the club has some exciting times ahead. That's really nice to hear, but it's not committing to stay and see it through.

If he doesn't do that, the speculation is obviously fuelled.

A really tricky situation and I don't envy Ashton and the owners having to deal with it. Catch 22 in many ways and if it wasn't Man Utd perhaps easier to handle.

As an aside, the RedCafe Man U fans site is actually very good. A sensible thread on "Tuchel or McKenna", which is a really sensible discussion amongst their fans with some good points made. One that struck me and could be a factor in Keiran's decision (if it does go that far) is the likelihood that the Man U "manager" or "head coach" or whatever he's called is unlikely to have much say in recruitment. I would think McK would not be happy with that at all. At ITFC he has far more "say" in what goes on, in all aspects, than he would at Utd, which could therefore impact his overall performance and ability to do the job the way he'd like.
With all this McK to Man U speculation it does put the club itself . . on 07:10 - May 16 with 713 viewsBondiBlue

We'd be smart to be identifying our man and sounding him out. And his staff that would come with him. Out of respect to mckenna, tell him that we are doing it and maybe even get his input. We can't expect transparency from him unless we give him the same.

Now we're premier league, plenty of good managers would jump at the chance.
[Post edited 16 May 7:11]

Poll: Which would you accept?

With all this McK to Man U speculation it does put the club itself . . on 09:50 - May 16 with 466 viewsGuthrum

We don't actually know how much reality there is behind the stories. Whether it's general speculation around the obvious candidates*, ManU sounding out a future prospect, or a concrete offer in the pipeline. It may only be at the stage of informal feelers being put out, no situation to deal with yet, may never materialise this summer.

McKenna may well have no questions to answer at this point and therefore still be fully focussed on Ipswich (or on holiday with his family, but probably still fully focussed on Ipswich).

* Hot-shot young manager, good playing style, existing ManU connections.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

With all this McK to Man U speculation it does put the club itself . . on 10:02 - May 16 with 414 viewstextbackup

KM is a bloody good bloke

MA is a bloody good CEO

Both are wet, MA will have already spoken in private about how in demand KM will be with KM. and I’d be amazed if KM hasn’t already given MA some indication of where he stands. As in he’s staying regardless, or if team X make an approach he’d like to talk.

And if that is the case MA will have told KM he’d likely sound out others.

Everything in this world breaks down when people don’t communicate. And with those two I just can’t imagine them not communicating over something so important to them both.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

With all this McK to Man U speculation it does put the club itself . . on 10:15 - May 16 with 374 viewsBluespeed225

And Man U are still peed off about Scott Duncan, ideal chance to turn the tables.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024