Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
loan rules, premiership and how it effects us 08:33 - May 16 with 1145 viewsLion

I understand that you can only have 2 English league players on loan in the premiership, whether they be prem or champ etc, I think that both could be from the same club, not sure.
But I read somewhere that you can only have 2 loan players full stop, as in even if they're from Italy or France, is that true? Does anyone know the full rules?

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 08:36 - May 16 with 1113 viewsBondiBlue

I still haven't got my head around the difference between league one scmp and championship ffp. I figure next year we'll be wondering when the cutoff for registering players for champions league squads is, so i might just skip this one.

Poll: Which would you accept?

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 08:39 - May 16 with 1094 viewsLion

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 08:36 - May 16 by BondiBlue

I still haven't got my head around the difference between league one scmp and championship ffp. I figure next year we'll be wondering when the cutoff for registering players for champions league squads is, so i might just skip this one.

Perhaps Phil Ham knows, like Kieran, he knows exactly what we need, and what we need is to understand the loan rules ;0)

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 08:53 - May 16 with 1058 viewsLion

Ok i think i have found it. ' Prem clubs cant register more than 2 players at one time. Max number in a season is 4, can only have 1 player from any club. ' It certainly makes things tougher for a newly promoted side as compared to 5 you are allowed in championship!

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 08:53 - May 16 with 1054 viewsBlueForYou

What is the allowed squad size for Premiership teams? I have no idea.
loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 08:53 - May 16 with 1063 viewsitfcjoe

You can only have 2 players on loan from Premier League clubs at any time, and they can't both be from the same club.

You can only have 4 from PL clubs in a season

You can't loan someone from a PL club who has been signed that window (i.e. Man City couldn't buy Omari and then loan him to us)

No limit on foreign loans on top of this though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 09:00 - May 16 with 997 viewsLion

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 08:53 - May 16 by itfcjoe

You can only have 2 players on loan from Premier League clubs at any time, and they can't both be from the same club.

You can't loan someone from a PL club who has been signed that window (i.e. Man City couldn't buy Omari and then loan him to us)

Hi Joe, this is the bit i was unsure of. Are you sure there is no limit in foreign loans because this is what i was hoping. After seeing how Kieran has improved our young players maybe we could have a few Barca, Madrid, PSG, Inter Milan etc players, It is the lowest risk/cheapest way to bulk out our squad. It was criminal how under the Marcus Evans era we shut down our european scouting network, particularly after we had got such gems like Gaardsoe, Fabian, Reuser, etc
[Post edited 16 May 9:01]

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 09:00 - May 16 with 989 viewsDJR

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 08:53 - May 16 by itfcjoe

I assume this means you could lend from Championship or Scottish clubs, although whether they would be of sufficient quality is another matter.

Lewis Travis would fall into this category, and such a player might be a useful back-up.

EDIT: Having dug a bit further, it looks like the limit applies to all domestic teams, including those in the Champtionship.
[Post edited 16 May 9:07]
loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 09:03 - May 16 with 955 viewsLion

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 09:00 - May 16 by DJR

I assume this means you could lend from Championship or Scottish clubs, although whether they would be of sufficient quality is another matter.

Lewis Travis would fall into this category, and such a player might be a useful back-up.

EDIT: Having dug a bit further, it looks like the limit applies to all domestic teams, including those in the Champtionship.
[Post edited 16 May 9:07]

Not sure on the championship clubs, this could also be useful for teams in our position to loan the best from burnley, Luton etc and best for them if they feel they have a great chance of bouncing straight back by saving on the wages but not losing the player...

Login to get fewer ads

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 09:16 - May 16 with 915 viewsHerbivore

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 09:00 - May 16 by Lion

Hi Joe, this is the bit i was unsure of. Are you sure there is no limit in foreign loans because this is what i was hoping. After seeing how Kieran has improved our young players maybe we could have a few Barca, Madrid, PSG, Inter Milan etc players, It is the lowest risk/cheapest way to bulk out our squad. It was criminal how under the Marcus Evans era we shut down our european scouting network, particularly after we had got such gems like Gaardsoe, Fabian, Reuser, etc
[Post edited 16 May 9:01]

It's definitely right. Burnley have 5 loan players registered this season, one from Chelsea and the rest from European sides.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 09:19 - May 16 with 905 viewsGuthrum

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 08:53 - May 16 by BlueForYou

What is the allowed squad size for Premiership teams? I have no idea.

Same as in the Championship - 25 plus non-loan under-21s.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 12:18 - May 16 with 718 viewsBasingstokeBlue

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 08:36 - May 16 by BondiBlue

Yes, that is precisely it.

See section V.7 of the Premier League Handbook...

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2024/03/04/0910e1b3-f

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 12:33 - May 16 with 670 viewsfarkenhell

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 08:53 - May 16 by Lion

Ok i think i have found it. ' Prem clubs cant register more than 2 players at one time. Max number in a season is 4, can only have 1 player from any club. ' It certainly makes things tougher for a newly promoted side as compared to 5 you are allowed in championship!

Although the last time we played in the Premier League, you were not allowed to loan any players from another Premier League club.
loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 12:42 - May 16 with 647 viewsGogs

Found this from an Everton site. Basically, assuming it’s correct:

•Maximum of 6 international loans in plus 6 out

•Unlimited international U21 loans between clubs
loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 12:52 - May 16 with 615 viewsHerbivore

loan rules, premiership and how it effects us on 12:42 - May 16 by Gogs

Found this from an Everton site. Basically, assuming it’s correct:

•Maximum of 6 international loans in plus 6 out

•Unlimited international U21 loans between clubs

Yeah, FIFA introduced the cap of 6 for international loans a while ago.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024