Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playoff game tonight 09:29 - May 16 with 3718 viewstextbackup

I’m going, early goal from Leeds, 2-0 at half time.
3-0 FT

I don’t think scum will offer anything going forwards and be out of the match before it’s even started.

However, if they somehow manage to take it to penalties - they’ll win!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Playoff game tonight on 09:35 - May 16 with 2448 viewsMattinLondon

Leeds certainly have the ability to see off Norwich but I do question their mentality. Without pressure they can dominate most teams in the championship. But when the pressure gets applied they don’t appear to turn-up. Norwich are a functional team who are capable of upsetting teams.

I’m not sure whether it’ll be that convincing a win for Leeds.

And with that they’ll win 5-0.
Playoff game tonight on 09:37 - May 16 with 2437 views_clive_baker_

Norwich are sh1t away. What is it, 2 wins in their last 10 or something away from home?

Leeds will hump them.
Playoff game tonight on 09:44 - May 16 with 2407 viewsBlueBadger

Nah. Norwich are rubbish but Leeds are utterly shot, mentally.
0-0 with Leeds scraping through on pens after cheat Sainz misses one and cries on the telly.
[Post edited 16 May 9:44]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Playoff game tonight on 09:57 - May 16 with 2343 viewsHelp

I'm going all guardian. Either another bore fest as neither team wants to lose or a 4.4 goal feast as both teams go hammer and tongs.
Playoff game tonight on 09:57 - May 16 with 2338 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Going to pens imo.

Leeds look absolutely spent. Awful going forwards. Norwich will be able to sit in and try an play on the counter. Exactly the sort of football Leeds struggle to play against.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Playoff game tonight on 10:00 - May 16 with 2315 viewslizzibee

Leeds will be up for this. They won't make the same mistakes as they did at the away leg or QPR - too much hangs on this. Their team is miles better than the scum's who offer very little. I see nothing but a convincing win for Leeds
Playoff game tonight on 10:00 - May 16 with 2310 viewslizzibee

Playoff game tonight on 09:44 - May 16 by BlueBadger

Nah. Norwich are rubbish but Leeds are utterly shot, mentally.
0-0 with Leeds scraping through on pens after cheat Sainz misses one and cries on the telly.
[Post edited 16 May 9:44]

Sainz crying - that's something I can definately get behind
Playoff game tonight on 10:01 - May 16 with 2290 viewsArnieM

Hoping is a 10-0 stuffing for the budgies myself ... I can hope eh !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Playoff game tonight on 10:02 - May 16 with 2284 viewswkj

I honestly don't care who wins at this point, as long as the game is better than the crap we saw on the weekend. That was embarrassing, even for the neutral.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Playoff game tonight on 10:07 - May 16 with 2268 viewsLankHenners

Bit torn on it - on one hand, Norwich's want to not really try to play football has seen them just sit there waiting to be beaten against top teams away from home, but on the other that approach is the sort of thing Leeds have struggled with in recent weeks and look a bit lost trying to break it down.

Can see a bore draw going to pens if I'm honest, though if Leeds can get ahead early they should be able to hold them off with some degree of comfort.

Taking away the rivalry, it's a real shame Hull or Coventry couldn't do enough to nip into 6th from an entertainment point of view - Norwich really are an awful watch.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Playoff game tonight on 10:13 - May 16 with 2229 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

The Deliverance lot are going to scrape their way through aren’t they. Leeds have melted away mentally and physically, without an earlyish goal I can see the locals getting restless. 0-1 Norwich, but hopefully West Brom will beat them with a goal in the 98th minute at Wembley.

I should hope for a Southampton promotion since they provided 6 points to us this season. I just can’t stand Martin though…
Playoff game tonight on 10:16 - May 16 with 2195 viewsSitfcB

MOT ALAW

If Leeds are up for it and their front four are on it then it could be 4/5-0 hopefully.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Playoff game tonight on 10:16 - May 16 with 2198 viewsyorkshireblue

The budgies flew up yesterday, and are apparently staying in a hotel near my office. I do hope this means I won’t see any of their fans hanging around when I drive past later.

I think it’ll go one of two ways…

Budgies set up with a low block, hoping for the crowd to get restless and something from Sara to nick a win or take it to Penalties. Remember Wagner got Huddersfield promoted without winning a game in 90 mins or scoring a goal in their play-off win.

Or, if Leeds score early I can see the preverbal floodgates opening and it being quite a convincing win.
Playoff game tonight on 10:19 - May 16 with 2160 viewsCoastalblue

Playoff game tonight on 09:37 - May 16 by _clive_baker_

Norwich are sh1t away. What is it, 2 wins in their last 10 or something away from home?

Leeds will hump them.

Leeds aren't much better at home currently are they?

I think Leeds need an early goal and that will open the game up and probably get them playing a bit, the longer it goes without a goal then the more you think Norwich have it in them to nick it somehow as Leeds revert to type.

Fully expect Wagner to set them up to play that way and probably with one eye on penalties.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Playoff game tonight on 10:19 - May 16 with 2159 viewsbluelagos

I see a tight game - two nervous teams unable to make clear cut chances, with Leeds edging it, possibly in extra time.

Whoever wins I fancy WBA/S'oton to win at Wembley.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Playoff game tonight on 10:33 - May 16 with 2069 viewsSteve_M

Playoff game tonight on 10:07 - May 16 by LankHenners

Bit torn on it - on one hand, Norwich's want to not really try to play football has seen them just sit there waiting to be beaten against top teams away from home, but on the other that approach is the sort of thing Leeds have struggled with in recent weeks and look a bit lost trying to break it down.

Can see a bore draw going to pens if I'm honest, though if Leeds can get ahead early they should be able to hold them off with some degree of comfort.

Taking away the rivalry, it's a real shame Hull or Coventry couldn't do enough to nip into 6th from an entertainment point of view - Norwich really are an awful watch.

Yeah, I'm not expecting a thrilling match tonight, nor tomorrow for that matter. I keep remembering how dull Wagner's Huddersfield were when they got promoted via the play-offs in 2017 - one own goal in three matches.

So, with that in mind and early goal for Leeds would be very welcome.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Playoff game tonight on 10:35 - May 16 with 2040 viewsMetal_Hacker

As much as I hate to say it , it’ll be an easy United win tonight

Scum will offer nothing other than being bridesmaids

3-0

Only for Southampton to beat Leeds in the final

Poll: If it were one or the other

Playoff game tonight on 10:35 - May 16 with 2037 viewsgainsboroughblue

Wouldn't put it past Nodge to sh1thouse it to penalties and go through. Wagner has form for this.

This is a night where the Elland Road crowd may have to drag Leeds through because the team on their own couldn't win a raffle at the moment.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Playoff game tonight on 10:35 - May 16 with 2034 viewsdavblue

They've had so many big moments go their way over the last 14 years, that's due to end. (I hope)

Not sure i would be hugely keen on travelling up there tonight as an away supporter after Sunday. You will get some knuckle draggers looking for a spot of revenge.
Playoff game tonight on 10:39 - May 16 with 1955 viewsdavblue

Playoff game tonight on 10:19 - May 16 by Coastalblue

Leeds aren't much better at home currently are they?

I think Leeds need an early goal and that will open the game up and probably get them playing a bit, the longer it goes without a goal then the more you think Norwich have it in them to nick it somehow as Leeds revert to type.

Fully expect Wagner to set them up to play that way and probably with one eye on penalties.

if Norwich get their noses in front they will retreat and play on the counter.

1st Goal is a big thing for both sides tonight. If Leeds get ahead then Norwich will have to come out a bit more.
Playoff game tonight on 10:39 - May 16 with 1956 viewsgainsboroughblue

Playoff game tonight on 10:35 - May 16 by davblue

They've had so many big moments go their way over the last 14 years, that's due to end. (I hope)

Not sure i would be hugely keen on travelling up there tonight as an away supporter after Sunday. You will get some knuckle draggers looking for a spot of revenge.

That is very possible, equally it may turn out to all be mouth and internet talk and nothing will happen.

A few of our scrotes may be relieved we don't have Cardiff coming down here next season by the same token.
[Post edited 16 May 10:40]

Playoff game tonight on 10:40 - May 16 with 1916 viewsdavblue

Playoff game tonight on 10:39 - May 16 by gainsboroughblue

That is very possible, equally it may turn out to all be mouth and internet talk and nothing will happen.

A few of our scrotes may be relieved we don't have Cardiff coming down here next season by the same token.
[Post edited 16 May 10:40]

yeah, it will be well policed, it will be the people who are walking by themselves with colours on that i worry about.
Playoff game tonight on 10:44 - May 16 with 1892 viewsgainsboroughblue

Playoff game tonight on 10:40 - May 16 by davblue

yeah, it will be well policed, it will be the people who are walking by themselves with colours on that i worry about.

Yeah. That's the concerning thing. The actions of one, or a few people who probably won't even be there (or possibly weren't even at the game itself Sunday) have put innocent people at risk, and put a few people off travelling full stop. Shame.

Playoff game tonight on 10:46 - May 16 with 1862 viewstextbackup

Playoff game tonight on 10:07 - May 16 by LankHenners

Last paragraph, my thoughts too.

Gutted Hull missed out

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Playoff game tonight on 10:49 - May 16 with 1848 viewsBiGDonnie

Leeds have been so rubbish recently, I can see the budgies doing it.

Praying for WBA or Southampton to do em in the final.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024