Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… 19:18 - May 17 with 6975 viewsStudentBlue

Providing Southampton don’t get promoted, Harwood-Bellis is set to be our first signing of the summer at £20m.

Poll: How will you be voting tomorrow?

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 20:20 - May 17 with 1725 viewsVaughan8

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 19:28 - May 17 by StudentBlue

Burnley transfers ahead of the 2023/24 Premier League season:

Amdouni - £18m
Trafford - £17m
Ramsey - £16.5m
Beyer - £15m
Berge - £14m

Looking at that, Burnley did spend a lot didn't they. Quite worrying the prices.

I know Trafford was good for England u21s but he wasn't that great for Bolton I didn't think when I saw him....

However, he is young so will keep some value.

Will we buy someone for £20m? Possibly, but doubt a centre back.
Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 20:36 - May 17 with 1665 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 19:19 - May 17 by textbackup

The day we make a £20m signing is the day I won’t recognise the world anymore.

It’s not happening. Don’t be silly

Alan Nixon reported a few weeks back that Saints have an obligation to buy him for 15 million if they get promoted and that we were ready to step in if they didn’t go up.

May still be BS but I have read it from a semi reasonable source

Poll: Our final position

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 20:50 - May 17 with 1598 viewsStudentBlue

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 20:36 - May 17 by southnorfolkblue

Alan Nixon reported a few weeks back that Saints have an obligation to buy him for 15 million if they get promoted and that we were ready to step in if they didn’t go up.

May still be BS but I have read it from a semi reasonable source

Indeed, been bubbling away for a few weeks and now our Premier League status is secure…

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 20:53 - May 17 with 1579 viewsSimonds92

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 19:20 - May 17 by MK1

We ain't signing anyone for £20M this season. Keep your expectations real.

£20m is the price for average players in the prem. I'll be very surprised if we don't break that milestone. Even if we're buying top championship talent, you can expect we'll be spending 20-25m easily.
Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 20:57 - May 17 with 1539 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 20:08 - May 17 by StudentBlue

Transfers are always in the balance until the player signs on the dotted line.

Ashton refers to the tricky nature of the Kieffer Moore deal in the latest TownTV video - was in the balance until the end of the window and could easily have fallen through.

Have you EVER got one right though?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 20:58 - May 17 with 1538 viewscressi

I've watched him a few times 20 million not a chance for that sort of money.
Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 21:03 - May 17 with 1514 viewsWakh

Didn’t Brighton pay around £20m for Webster 5 years ago
Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 21:03 - May 17 with 1516 viewsStudentBlue

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 20:57 - May 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

Have you EVER got one right though?

DEF INFO - PLAYER INCOMING by StudentBlue 1 Feb 2021 10:31
Heard from a very well placed source (can’t give details) that Troy Parrott is close to signing on loan.

Decent young striker.

Login to get fewer ads

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 21:32 - May 17 with 1407 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 21:03 - May 17 by StudentBlue

DEF INFO - PLAYER INCOMING by StudentBlue 1 Feb 2021 10:31
Heard from a very well placed source (can’t give details) that Troy Parrott is close to signing on loan.

Decent young striker.

So you read something on twitter and posted it on here 10 minutes later. Well done, have a biscuit.

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 21:51 - May 17 with 1317 viewsStudentBlue

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 21:32 - May 17 by The_Flashing_Smile

So you read something on twitter and posted it on here 10 minutes later. Well done, have a biscuit.

See bottom of page 2 - Phil confirms that there is something in it and it hadn’t broken on social media by that point.

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 21:55 - May 17 with 1264 viewsFrimleyBlue

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 21:51 - May 17 by StudentBlue

See bottom of page 2 - Phil confirms that there is something in it and it hadn’t broken on social media by that point.

Did you miss this one on page one.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 22:34 - May 17 with 1200 viewsVegtablue

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 21:55 - May 17 by FrimleyBlue

Did you miss this one on page one.

Lol quite. And some of the past assertions have been ludicrous. McGinley's transfer window "swung" from the top of the English Championship to the bottom of the Scottish one! 🙄

This claim is at least conceivable, but obviously not the claim of requisite insight to make said post. On the small chance they do have a source, that source either doesn't trust them, doesn't like them, likes to mess them about, or is as low level and uninformed as legitimate sources can possibly get.
Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 07:00 - May 18 with 991 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 21:51 - May 17 by StudentBlue

Why are you lying when we can all see it was posted on social media at 10:20 and you posted it on TWTD at 10:31?

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 07:08 - May 18 with 981 viewsHerbivore

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 19:50 - May 17 by MK1

I think one or two £10M signings are possible. The rest will be considerably less.

Think we're likely to sign at least a couple that are more in the £15m price bracket. We need to improve the squad and that won't come cheap. I'd be surprised if £10m is the highest we spend on a player, but even if it is that still more than doubles our existing transfer record.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 07:11 - May 18 with 976 viewsHerbivore

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 07:00 - May 18 by The_Flashing_Smile

Why are you lying when we can all see it was posted on social media at 10:20 and you posted it on TWTD at 10:31?

This current 'rumour' is similarly not a new one and clearly not based on any solid info. I don't know why some people are so desperate to pretend they're ITK. It's really weird.

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 07:44 - May 18 with 950 viewscressi

It was on a web site who get very little right they have 20 rumours a month and occasionally one comes off.
Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 08:42 - May 18 with 878 viewsMK1

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 07:44 - May 18 by cressi

It was on a web site who get very little right they have 20 rumours a month and occasionally one comes off.

Exactly that. If you mention enough names at many different times, you are likely to get the odd one right. They then claim to be in the know. Pathetic.
Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 09:32 - May 18 with 805 viewsStewart27

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 19:50 - May 17 by MK1

I think one or two £10M signings are possible. The rest will be considerably less.

I think you’re a little off here.

I’d say our average spend will be £10 million per player over 6-8 players.

Some will be free but I’d expect one to be around 20 million.
Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 09:34 - May 18 with 805 viewstextbackup

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 19:34 - May 17 by FrimleyBlue

Considering we spent 4.5 on sereni 22 years ago. 20 now isn't that much of a reach.

Funnily enough. Some say hutchinson could be purchased for said sum....

It worries me, but doesn’t surprise me, that some fans take the sort of stance that £20m isn’t that much of a reach

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 09:44 - May 18 with 783 viewstractorboy1978

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 09:34 - May 18 by textbackup

It worries me, but doesn’t surprise me, that some fans take the sort of stance that £20m isn’t that much of a reach

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see us sign a couple of players for £15-20m. We won't be signing 7/8 players for that kind of fee but that's the sort of level you are looking at for players that will really improve the squad. Even the best players in the Championship are going to command those sort of fees.
Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 09:54 - May 18 with 761 viewsHerbivore

Reality is that it wouldn't be for someone who 100% fitted the bill for what we need. I expect we'll probably top out at £15m to £18m on a single player, which in Prem terms isn't a huge fee. That's how mad finances are at that level now.

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 10:10 - May 18 with 736 viewsWickets

We have been linked several times recently with Harwood-Bellis so we likely as not have made an inquiry, the last one I read somewhere or other te fee was 12 / 15 mill !
Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 10:21 - May 18 with 718 viewsNutkins_Return

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 19:36 - May 17 by StudentBlue

Quite right.

We’ll be spending significant money this summer. Not sure why people think otherwise.

It's not impossible we spend £20 million on a player. But you just made a transfer up. Not sure what you are getting out of random made up guesses
Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 12:07 - May 18 with 629 viewsSimonds92

Of course it's a lot of money, but it's not based on the ridiculous fees which are now being paid. How much is someone like Jack Clarke going to cost? £25m? What would we want for Leif? At least the same. I'm not saying we'll go for Clarke but thats the price for a top championship player, nevermind an experienced premier league player. Are we well versed in the cheaper foreign markets? But with too many new faces who haven't played in this country and we'll struggle massively like Burnley.
Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 12:11 - May 18 with 617 viewsfooters

Taylor Harwood-Bellis incoming for £20m… on 10:21 - May 18 by Nutkins_Return

It's not impossible we spend £20 million on a player. But you just made a transfer up. Not sure what you are getting out of random made up guesses

It's the same every window. An influx of ITK def info Twitter people come out to play having barely been seen all season. I think they're more interested in gossip than football which is a bit strange.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024