Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season 22:18 - May 17 with 4015 viewsle2blue

We share the £103M that the Premier League doesn't have to pay two teams parachute payments. Crazy sums really.

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 22:49 - May 17 with 3672 viewsburnbudgiesburn

It's a nonsense really this self interest. But as a Town fan who has seen his team battle against ever richer clubs in the championship for nearly 2 decades I say we milk this for all we can.

Even if next season is a disaster, the club will be in such a better position than any of us could imagine just a few years ago.
Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 22:50 - May 17 with 3642 viewswkj

They should give it all to the only team promoted who has never had it

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 22:57 - May 17 with 3517 viewsFrimleyBlue

Well that pays for all the prem prep work.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 23:31 - May 17 with 3334 viewsVaughan8

Let's be honest, that is disgraceful really. Should be split amongst the EFL or at least half of it.
Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 01:23 - May 18 with 3080 viewsIllinoisblue

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 23:31 - May 17 by Vaughan8

Let's be honest, that is disgraceful really. Should be split amongst the EFL or at least half of it.

It is grotesque. And I hate the disparity between the top tier and the rest of the leagues. The game is run by crooks and charlatans.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 02:26 - May 18 with 3004 viewsHarryMunk

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 22:50 - May 17 by wkj

They should give it all to the only team promoted who has never had it

Is this a riddle?
Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 04:35 - May 18 with 2928 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That is actually somewhat vile.

And yet superb news for Premier League Ipswich Town. Uppa Towen.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 05:33 - May 18 with 2827 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

I think most of us agree this is wrong, but an extra £5M is still a lot of money to us when trying to navigate FFP.

It could be the difference between us offering a 3 yr contract to a player KMc wants or not. Or being able to push the boat out for a loan signing next season (Omari!).

I know this means we become part of the greed problem, but if we can't beat them, then after 22 years of being the victim I'm happy to join them.
Login to get fewer ads

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 07:07 - May 18 with 2567 viewscressi

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 05:33 - May 18 by LA_Tractor_Boy

I think most of us agree this is wrong, but an extra £5M is still a lot of money to us when trying to navigate FFP.

It could be the difference between us offering a 3 yr contract to a player KMc wants or not. Or being able to push the boat out for a loan signing next season (Omari!).

I know this means we become part of the greed problem, but if we can't beat them, then after 22 years of being the victim I'm happy to join them.

Helps pay for all the improvements at the ground the sky box floodlights etc which are required.
Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 07:23 - May 18 with 2517 viewsBlueBoots

£103m that was destined for the EFL (albeit to be shared between just 2 clubs) Even if we were to finish bottom of the Prem next season we'd get more than £103m just in prize money, on top of all the added TV / Other revenue that we'll get next season.

£5m will be small change to us (and obviously the other Prem clubs) next season...£103m shared between the EFL clubs (some quick maths, that could work out at £2m for each Championship club, and £1m to each League One / League Two club) would be a far better and fairer use of that money.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 07:32 - May 18 with 2457 viewsHerbivore

Now that we're a part of the self-serving cabal I've decided I'm all for this.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 07:32 - May 18 with 2455 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 07:07 - May 18 by cressi

Helps pay for all the improvements at the ground the sky box floodlights etc which are required.

Infrastructure spend doesn't count towards FFP, so I think the club will use this £5M for the playing budget.

In the same way the new pitch didn't affect the budget for players/wages last season.
Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 07:51 - May 18 with 2368 viewsOldsmoker

We did nothing to get this cash.

It was all thanks to Norwich doing nothing against Leeds that made this happen.

I'd like to say thanks but I don't think they'd hear me over all the blubbing.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 08:03 - May 18 with 2271 viewstrncbluearmy

Perhaps would consider paying as a dividend to the shareholders they robbed

I would then happily donate to Foundation
Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 08:20 - May 18 with 2156 viewsArmaghBlue

That’s the upgrades mostly covered then
Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 08:23 - May 18 with 2128 viewsBuhrer

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 02:26 - May 18 by HarryMunk

Is this a riddle?

What have I got in my pocket?
Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 08:24 - May 18 with 2116 viewsMK1

Years of getting sod all, we should take what we can.
Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 08:39 - May 18 with 2007 viewsLancsBlue

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 08:24 - May 18 by MK1

It was wrong then, it's still wrong now. Let's not join the arrogant puffed up EPL "fcuk the rest" brigade. The EPL has a moral responsibility to the rest of the pyramid. That doesn't change because we've joined the big boys. In fact clubs like us should be at the forefront of arguing for a more equitable distribution of PL income.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 08:40 - May 18 with 1980 viewsBuhrer

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 08:24 - May 18 by MK1

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 08:45 - May 18 with 1950 viewsMK1

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 08:39 - May 18 by LancsBlue

It was wrong then, it's still wrong now. Let's not join the arrogant puffed up EPL "fcuk the rest" brigade. The EPL has a moral responsibility to the rest of the pyramid. That doesn't change because we've joined the big boys. In fact clubs like us should be at the forefront of arguing for a more equitable distribution of PL income.

I know, but the very biggest clubs decide these things and it happens regardless, so might as well milk it for all it's worth. Goes against my principles, but principles are worthless really. You ain't ever going to beat them, so let's take what we can. Far to many years of being screwed over to care any more.
Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 08:51 - May 18 with 1915 viewsGavTWTD

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 07:32 - May 18 by Herbivore

When's the vote to stop relegation from the EPL?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 09:14 - May 18 with 1795 viewsGlasgowBlue

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 07:32 - May 18 by Herbivore

That's you on the slippery slope herbs. You're On the same journey as Tony Blair and Peter Hitchins.
[Post edited 18 May 9:14]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 12:23 - May 18 with 1371 viewsRadioOrwell

I think we should give it to Norwich because ...

oh no let's not.
Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 13:09 - May 18 with 1236 viewswkj

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 08:51 - May 18 by GavTWTD

When's the vote to stop relegation from the EPL?

This, lets pull up the draw bridge and leave the grip of the EFL

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Saints winning tonight means we get an extra £5M next season on 15:01 - May 18 with 1043 viewsNthQldITFC

I think we should write an open letter to the folk of Norwich City, thanking them for buying us a £5million player for next season. Most kind. Pity they don't have anyone worth that, or we could give it back to them to help bail out a little local club.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024