Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Despite everything said tonight… 22:53 - May 20 with 2635 viewsITFC_Forever

…. I just can’t see it happening.

Maybe I’m being naive, but I simply can’t see KMc leaving us for Brighton.
Half expecting (purely based on my own personal hunch) there to be a club announcement confirming a new contract for KMc.

And if he does go, I’ll wish him well and thank him for the amazing job he did. The last two years have been simply incredible.
[Post edited 20 May 23:00]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Despite everything said tonight… on 22:56 - May 20 with 2554 viewsIllinoisblue

I am also in denial. If it’s Utd or Chelsea, fair enough. But Brighton. Damn.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Despite everything said tonight… on 22:57 - May 20 with 2530 viewstextbackup

And if he does go, just remember Ashton plucked him to be here. Gave him the ‘oxygen’ and look where we are.

All confidence he’ll come up with the goods again

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Despite everything said tonight… on 22:58 - May 20 with 2464 viewsnoggin

"And if he does go, I’ll wish him well and thank him for the amazing job he did. The last two years have been simply amazing."

I certainly wouldn't be applauding him on his return as Brighton manager.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Despite everything said tonight… on 22:58 - May 20 with 2451 viewsFromReuserWithLove

I'm with you. There is a boring, logical justification for a Brighton move but I honestly feel the legacy he can leave here is far, far greater before moving to an actual big club.
Despite everything said tonight… on 22:59 - May 20 with 2404 viewsITFC_Forever

Despite everything said tonight… on 22:58 - May 20 by noggin

"And if he does go, I’ll wish him well and thank him for the amazing job he did. The last two years have been simply amazing."

I would.

Despite everything said tonight… on 23:01 - May 20 with 2367 viewsle2blue

Obviously, trust Phil is hearing from his usual reliable sources and there is plenty of chatter to suggest that Brighton are trying very hard to get him (and he's worked with Paul Barber their CEO before at Spurs), but it does seem very out of character for him to leave at this point.

Had we stayed down then I fully expected him to leave but he has built everything and created a real emotional attachment with the fans, club, community and team. I guess that's football, but still very surprising that he'd walk out at this point. Fingers crossed he sticks.

I'd go for Danny Rohl to replace him if the worst happens. Rob Edwards is a bit pahh to me.
Despite everything said tonight… on 06:43 - May 21 with 1844 viewsITFC_Forever

Despite everything said tonight… on 23:01 - May 20 by le2blue

Obviously, trust Phil is hearing from his usual reliable sources and there is plenty of chatter to suggest that Brighton are trying very hard to get him (and he's worked with Paul Barber their CEO before at Spurs), but it does seem very out of character for him to leave at this point.

Had we stayed down then I fully expected him to leave but he has built everything and created a real emotional attachment with the fans, club, community and team. I guess that's football, but still very surprising that he'd walk out at this point. Fingers crossed he sticks.

I'd go for Danny Rohl to replace him if the worst happens. Rob Edwards is a bit pahh to me.

Potter if we could get him.

Or Cifuentes or Rohl.
[Post edited 21 May 6:43]

Despite everything said tonight… on 06:58 - May 21 with 1743 viewsFrimleyBlue

What if Southgate and KM were together as Southgate is taking over after Euros and KM is helping to get the squad things in place ready for him before leaving himself..

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Despite everything said tonight… on 06:58 - May 21 with 1749 viewsKieran_Knows

Summed up perfectly there for me. Wrote it better than I could!

Rohl or Carrick for me.

Why we’d trust Edwards who’s just taken Luton down, and plays crap football is beyond me.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Despite everything said tonight… on 07:02 - May 21 with 1621 viewsHorsham

Have to admit Phil’s very likely verdict moved the dial to somewhere around grief/anger / acceptance.

I’d still contend there’s a lot of good reasons to stay with Ipswich and his potential legacy here could enhance his reputation still further. It feels with all due respect to Brighton I would be much more at peace with this if he was going to Man Utd or Chelsea.
Despite everything said tonight… on 07:04 - May 21 with 1604 viewsITFCBlues

Despite everything said tonight… on 06:58 - May 21 by Kieran_Knows

Rohl or Carrick for me.

Why we’d trust Edwards who’s just taken Luton down, and plays crap football is beyond me.

I wonder if it's the fact he's a more conservative manager that appeals? I can't imagine we'd have quite so much luck next season playing as open as this season for example.

But I agree, Carrick, Rohl or Cifuentes would be right up there for me.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Despite everything said tonight… on 07:07 - May 21 with 1576 viewsHackneyblueboy

Despite everything said tonight… on 06:58 - May 21 by Kieran_Knows

Rohl or Carrick for me.

Does Edwards play such a bad brand of football or has he just been adaptable with the squad he had at Luton. For me that can be seen as a positive. Vincent Company stuck stubbornly to his principles and look how that turned out.

I may be wrong but I thought Edwards had a reputation as a progressive coach. He is young and has a years premier league experience. He wouldn't be a bad option in my opinion. Any of the below I'd be Ok with:

Edwards
Carrick
Rohl
Potter
Cooper
Mark Robins
[Post edited 21 May 7:08]
Despite everything said tonight… on 07:12 - May 21 with 1524 viewsNthQldITFC

Here's a theory I've just dreamed up based on nothing at all: The apparent flirty engagement with Brighton is just a smokescreen to induce Utd to commit to a pre-contract guaranteeing him taking over at Old Trafford next season once they've got their house in order. In the meantime, he stays here.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Despite everything said tonight… on 07:21 - May 21 with 1429 views2-5-7

Despite everything said tonight… on 22:58 - May 20 by noggin

One more year.
Bring some stability.
Move on who needs to go even if difficult conversations.
His stock is hardly going to diminish as everyone knows it will be epic.
Move on then with all of our grace and well wishes.
Just seems a tad too early now and not sure sits right.

However I get it that it’s going to be hard.
Maybe a tough season not appealing.
Question though - if Brighton is that good how come it went wonky so quickly after a Europe campaign?
Despite everything said tonight… on 08:06 - May 21 with 1302 viewsEuropablue

Despite everything said tonight… on 07:21 - May 21 by 2-5-7

One more year.
Bring some stability.
Move on who needs to go even if difficult conversations.
His stock is hardly going to diminish as everyone knows it will be epic.
Move on then with all of our grace and well wishes.
Just seems a tad too early now and not sure sits right.

However I get it that it’s going to be hard.
Maybe a tough season not appealing.
Question though - if Brighton is that good how come it went wonky so quickly after a Europe campaign?

If it happens now it just adds to the depressing reality that money equalizes almost any threat to the status quo. Just look at how Middlesborough and Coventry effective lost a season trying to get back somewhere near where they were before. What makes it worse is that it's not even just the big clubs like Utd., but it's also the middle clubs like Brighton who prey on those lower down the pecking order. We need someone just like KM to lift us up into that middle bracket and maybe even into the upper bracket one day. There is a depressing inevitability about the Premier League and I'm shocked how it produces so much revenue when it's far more exciting to follow the Championship. It's a strange one because I was desperate to finish second and cap an amazing season and get the money to provide us with financial security, but I had very little excitement for actually being in the Premier League, most of it was linked to be being led by KM in the prem.
Despite everything said tonight… on 08:48 - May 21 with 1184 viewsLankHenners

Think it will ultimately come down to a bit of a head vs heart decision for KM, and unfortunately in this case we already know he’s very very good at taking the emotion out of things and thinking with his head.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Despite everything said tonight… on 09:01 - May 21 with 1138 viewsIpswichRising

Despite everything said tonight… on 06:58 - May 21 by FrimleyBlue

What if Southgate and KM were together as Southgate is taking over after Euros and KM is helping to get the squad things in place ready for him before leaving himself..

God I hope not
Despite everything said tonight… on 18:22 - May 27 with 716 viewsITFC_Forever

😎😎

Stick with me folks, it’ll all be ok.

Despite everything said tonight… on 18:27 - May 27 with 639 viewsITFC_Forever

Some of the hysterical bellends on here and Twitter now look very stupid.

Despite everything said tonight… on 18:30 - May 27 with 595 viewsNeedhamChris

Despite everything said tonight… on 18:27 - May 27 by ITFC_Forever

Some of the hysterical bellends on here and Twitter now look very stupid.

No they don't. They just look like passionate football fans on a football forum catastrophising a little bit and being, well, football fans.

The rush on here to slate other fans has been the single worst part of all this and says more about you and them than it does the fans you're so desperate to criticise.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Despite everything said tonight… on 18:36 - May 27 with 478 viewsITFC_Forever

Despite everything said tonight… on 18:30 - May 27 by NeedhamChris

No they don't. They just look like passionate football fans on a football forum catastrophising a little bit and being, well, football fans.

The rush on here to slate other fans has been the single worst part of all this and says more about you and them than it does the fans you're so desperate to criticise.

Bull.

They were being hysterical bellends.

Despite everything said tonight… on 18:39 - May 27 with 419 viewsWhos_blue

Despite everything said tonight… on 18:30 - May 27 by NeedhamChris

You rightly mention the rush to slate other fans, but what about the rush to slate KM, or at least call into question his integrity.
No one is above criticism, but this week has been intolerable and it has mainly come from those wanting to criticise KM.
Passion is one thing.
Hyperbole is another.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024