Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job 23:15 - May 20 with 5504 viewsDublinBlue84

Odds seem to be shortening by the hour.

Suggests there may have been a fair amount whacked on.
[Post edited 20 May 23:18]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:16 - May 20 with 4122 viewsportmanking

He's been 1/3 with Sky Bet all evening.
McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:21 - May 20 with 4014 viewspositivity

shrewd move by ashton to triple the transfer budget for the new man!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:21 - May 20 with 4008 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

I could go and put on £20 right now and change the price further. These threads of the odds really are incredibly pointless and unhelpful. It puts fear into those that don't understand how betting markets work.
McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:26 - May 20 with 3893 viewsSuffolkSpezial

2/5 on bet365 he's on the drift
McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:26 - May 20 with 3886 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:21 - May 20 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

I could go and put on £20 right now and change the price further. These threads of the odds really are incredibly pointless and unhelpful. It puts fear into those that don't understand how betting markets work.

When a manager goes 1/3. It usually isn't pointless....

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:28 - May 20 with 3857 viewsportmanking

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:26 - May 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

Not true at all, actually.

Managers have gone as short as 1/10 only for things to go tits up with negotiations etc.

1/3 isn't actually THAT short a price.
McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:28 - May 20 with 3859 viewsDublinBlue84

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:21 - May 20 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

That can indeed be the case, but generally people don't get to as short odds as McKenna is now on that alone, it can lower the odds certainly though but not to that extent.

Personally from everything I have heard from certain circles it looks increasingly likely to happen. See earlier posts from Phil and Joe as well on other threads.
[Post edited 20 May 23:29]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:30 - May 20 with 3823 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:28 - May 20 by portmanking

Not true at all, actually.

Managers have gone as short as 1/10 only for things to go tits up with negotiations etc.

1/3 isn't actually THAT short a price.

rarely.

And as you say. In those cases things have probably gone wrong in late negotiations. But more often than not that doesn't happen.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:32 - May 20 with 3793 viewsWeirdFishes

Wasn’t Neil Harris odds on to join us when we sacked Cook?

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:34 - May 20 with 3762 viewskizaitfc

Farioli just gone evens on Bet Fair exchanges.

I suspect the betting at this stage will be moved by very small levels. Many sources have claimed no contact has been made at this stage so it's pure speculation at this point

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:38 - May 20 with 3660 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:26 - May 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

Trust me. It really is.

I could take 10 minutes explaining exactly why but I think it would be lost on you.
McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:49 - May 20 with 3555 viewsTrequartista

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:34 - May 20 by kizaitfc

Farioli just gone evens on Bet Fair exchanges.

I suspect the betting at this stage will be moved by very small levels. Many sources have claimed no contact has been made at this stage so it's pure speculation at this point

That doesn't really mean a lot. If I place an unmatched lay of £1@6, he suddenly moves to 5/1 just with my single bet.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:58 - May 20 with 3417 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:38 - May 20 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

Trust me. It really is.

I could take 10 minutes explaining exactly why but I think it would be lost on you.

Glad you think highly of my intelligence

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 00:00 - May 21 with 3383 viewsWallingford_Boy

Haha not sure that’s how it works mate!

RIP Sir Bobby

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 01:30 - May 21 with 3148 viewslizzibee

Because they change when people bet....it has nothing do do with reality just people parting with money
McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 02:12 - May 21 with 3092 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 01:30 - May 21 by lizzibee

Because they change when people bet....it has nothing do do with reality just people parting with money

‘It has nothing to do with reality’.

This thread is full of nonsense where people do not understand gambling markets at all. Your comment is right up there.

Source - I work in the industry and could price up most things within 5% of the entire book.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 04:40 - May 21 with 2949 viewsibbleobble

It’s probably directly linked to the amount of hysterical posts on here.
McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 07:18 - May 21 with 2567 viewsWallingford_Boy

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 01:30 - May 21 by lizzibee

That’s a TWTD myth, you lot have no idea….

RIP Sir Bobby

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 07:34 - May 21 with 2471 viewsLeedsblue1

I worked in the betting industry for 19 years until recently and it takes a few hundred quid to push in the betting markets on a special like a managers market.

I really wouldn't read too much into prices on betting sites on a manager.

I remember working at Hills at the time circa 2001/2 ish i think and we had a few punters put £50 on Ray Graydon to be the next Villa boss and the price tumbled. Needless to say he wasn't appointed!
McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 08:10 - May 21 with 2297 viewscrouchendyachtclub

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 23:30 - May 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

rarely.

And as you say. In those cases things have probably gone wrong in late negotiations. But more often than not that doesn't happen.

If you pay attention to the x to move to y markets you see it all the time. Because they attract so few bets they move a long way from relatively small amounts.

While there seems to be something in this one, it is very easy to move the market to 1/3 and then have it fall back again.
McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 08:52 - May 21 with 2078 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 07:34 - May 21 by Leedsblue1

I worked in the betting industry for 19 years until recently and it takes a few hundred quid to push in the betting markets on a special like a managers market.

I really wouldn't read too much into prices on betting sites on a manager.

I remember working at Hills at the time circa 2001/2 ish i think and we had a few punters put £50 on Ray Graydon to be the next Villa boss and the price tumbled. Needless to say he wasn't appointed!

Indeed.

I posted on here before Wilder left Sheff United to get on him at 7/1 to be the next manager sacked. That was at 8:32 am based on some def info from his side. By 9:02 it was 10/11. And into 1/5 with the same bookie by lunchtime. It wouldn’t have taken more than a few hundred to move the market at any stage.

Those of the punting persuasion.. by The_Romford_Blue 12 Mar 2021 8:32
Chris Wilder to be next manager to leave in the Premier League is 7/1 with Paddy Power. May be worth a few pence this morning within the next half hour possibly..

Gamble responsibly folks as always

[Post edited 21 May 9:01]

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 08:58 - May 21 with 1998 viewsITFCson

I’ve just laid him at 2.4 on the exchange. I hoovered up the entire £9 liquid for a liability of £12.60 😁
McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 10:06 - May 21 with 1800 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 00:00 - May 21 by Wallingford_Boy

Haha not sure that’s how it works mate!

It does. I am a professional gambler and have been for many years. You’d be surprised how often my bets can change the odds on markets with much more liquid than a manager market.

It’s just frustrating seeing so many messages about this when the odds mean next to nothing.
McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 10:07 - May 21 with 1751 viewsportmanking

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 10:06 - May 21 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

It does. I am a professional gambler and have been for many years. You’d be surprised how often my bets can change the odds on markets with much more liquid than a manager market.

It’s just frustrating seeing so many messages about this when the odds mean next to nothing.

I trade BF Exchange for a second income too. You're pissing in the wind to try and help most people understand what we're trying to say! Weight of money is king.
McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 10:12 - May 21 with 1650 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

McKenna now 1/3 odds on at Skybet and Bet365 to take Brighton Job on 10:06 - May 21 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

I did do a thread on here a few years back explaining various parts of the odds compiling side of it to try and help people when this sort of stuff out before. I’d (and others) would link my post for months and months in reply to nonsense such as some stuff you’ve seen in this thread itself whenever the same arguments came up but eventually it got forgotten and I’ve less than zero inclination to find it and explain stuff again.

You just have to grin and bear it that people will post stuff about betting on here as though they know what they’re talking about. Which is fine. But they will say things as fact when it’s anything but.

I was once told I had no idea what I’m talking about when I was quite literally replying from a betting shop that I’d opened and closed with nobody else in all day and was on a 14 hour shift. You have to laugh.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024